Author Topic: The Bern Immortal Dynasty  (Read 23460 times)

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
Re: The Bern Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2016, 07:11:27 PM »
Here I am after another looooong break!

It was time for the twins to age up, so why not have Ryan fulfill another one of his gold medal parties? This time he threw a costume party to celebrate Miles and Robbie's birthdays. As weird as their little mismatched hot dog costumes are, the twins are still just too cute playing together.

Ryan took the opportunity to invite all of his female teenage friends. He's still getting along well with Katelyn Pancakes here in her pizza delivery girl costume.

Nadia Dishman is also a possible future wife. She's very cute!

The twins ended up sharing a cake tonight. Here's Robbie aging up. Funnily enough, he aged up wearing red. Very helpful for keeping him and his brother straight.

Then we have Miles, who promptly texted all of his friends that he had aged up.

I couldn't resist giving the twins the same hair again and using the colors red and blue to distinguish them. Maybe they're getting a little old for this, but I like to think that they enjoy it. I did give Miles a little goatee, though!

So on to the next day! Ileana chose her BFF: Bob Pancakes! They've been coworkers for such a long time, and he was one of Ileana's frist friends aside from Gavin.

Ileana officially has completed all of her requirements for immortality! She's made her first serving of ambrosia as well. She just has to actually eat it, because somehow I managed to forget to have her actually EAT the ambrosia amongst the confusion of all these birthdays. Don't worry, I hid the ambrosia behind a locked door in the basement.

But wait! The line of birthdays hasn't ended! Soon Zoe and Ryan's birthdays came up on the same day and caught me be surprise! I'm sick of birthdays and parties, so no party for them! Here's Zoe aging up:

Zoe got a quirky new dye job because... Well, why not? She can work it.

And now the moment we've been waiting for: Ryan's birthday!

Ryan aged up to young adult and picked up the ambitious trait. I'm a big fan of him. He's so handsome!

Once the excitement died down, Ryan applied for a career in science, and was immediately accepted into level 3 of the scientist career. He's a brand new Junior Tinkerer! He also took a vacation day to try to get those six breakthroughs done quickly. So he'll be on vacation on Thursday, have his first day of work on Friday, and then after work I may send him off to granite falls to work on the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2016, 07:27:57 PM »
Yay! You're back!
The twins are so cute, and so identical! I think I can spot a difference in their noses, but otherwise they look just the same.
Congrats to Ileana on the ambrosia! Don't forget to eat it! That's the most important part.
Love Zoe's dye job.
Ryan is very handsome, too. I can't wait to see who he picks as his spouse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
I'm so happy that the Bern Immortal Dynasty lives on!

The twins look so much like their father, Travis, especially since you gave them the same hair as Travis, lol.
And, wow, Ryan grew up into a real looker!

I'm so curious now who Ryan will choose to marry. I'm very partial to Nadia Dishman's looks but, of course, traits are so important, too!
I hope that, by now, Ileana has savored her first dish of Ambrosia so I can congratulate you, Watcher, on your very first immortal!
 ;D

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2016, 10:03:47 PM »
There noses are definitely the only real distinguishing feature. Such handsome men in this generation!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2016, 09:50:29 PM »
So is it a choice between Nadia and Katelyn or are there other possible spouses in the woodwork?  He sure is a handsome guy so whoever gets him will be very lucky.  The twins turned out quite handsome as well and I love Zoey's hair.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2017, 04:51:58 PM »
Thanks for the input, everyone! The twins are charming, aren't they?  ;D I usually hate that yellow hair, but it's working for them!

After the birthdays settled down, Ileana got to eat her ambrosia. We officially have our first immortal!

"I keep getting notifications that I'm nearing the end of my life, why won't you save some for me?"

"Because you're not an heir, Gavin! We've talked about this!"

Ryan had a great first day of work on Friday. He got acquainted with the lab equipment and his coworkers. He and Morgan Fyres hit it off really well.

Right after work, Ryan went to take a weekend trip to Granite Falls to work on the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. He brought the twins along with him since they would be off of school for the weekend anyway. As typical teenagers would, they made sure to post about it all over social media.

Ryan managed to collect tons of bugs and harvest and identify every type of wild plant. He caught a few fish for his aspiration as well. He got to meet the famous Granite Falls Hermit! He didn't have the time to befriend her, but they did spend a little time talking about herbalism and their mutual love for the outdoors over dinner.

The boys came home just in time to watch Gavin be spat out by Ryan's cowplant. Clearly the rest of the family failed to feed the cowplant while Ryan was away.

Gavin was understandably very uncomfortable. Not even a soothing lavender soak took the moodlet away. He survived the ordeal, though.
After watching Ileana consume her first plate of ambrosia and his near-death experience with the hungry cowplant, Gavin really began to think about how the end of his life was quickly approaching. When Ryan came home from another day of work, Gavin sat down with him and they had a heart-to-heart talk. They discussed the hurdles Ryan would have to overcome to reach immortality, including enduring the loss of his family members that couldn't take the journey to immortality with him.

Ryan looked down at his eggs and toast thoughtfully. He took his father's words to bed with him.

On a less solemn note, the twins threw a party after class to invite over a bunch of potential spouses for Ryan. They planned to meet every one of them to decide who was worthy of being Ryan's partner, because Ryan wasn't making much progress in deciding on his own.

Here we have Elsa Bjergsen, a fresh young adult. She's a genius, just like Ryan, and also a loner.

Miles: She gets points for the glasses.

Robbie: They have compatible personalities, but she might suffer in a full household with her loner tendencies.

Cameron Longo is a young adult, and one of J's many children. She's a slob, but that's about all we know about her.

Miles: Ryan's been roasting bugs over the fire lately. Cameron took his plate of beetles out of the fridge and sat at the table to eat them. It's a no for me.

Robbie: And when she wasn't eating bugs all she did was play video games in the study.

This is Cameron's sister, Christian Longo. She's a teen, so we would have to wait on the courting process. She's lazy and a kleptomaniac.

Robbie: She sat in our bedroom and kept eyeing up my violin. I don't like her.

Madelyn Arroyo is creative, geeky, and a glutton. She's an adult. I thought she was younger, but I was wrong. She might be out of the running because of her age.

Miles: She was weird anyway. She took food out of our fridge and started shoveling it down her shirt.

Nadia Dishman is a teen, but she shouldn't be far from aging up. She's lazy and loves the outdoors. She's also adorable. She's one of J's children.

Miles: If Ryan doesn't go for her then I might.

Robbie: They could sit out in the garden and go camping together!

Katelyn Pancakes is one of J's children. As the name suggests, she's the daughter of J and Eliza Pancakes. She's a perfectionist and she already has a job as a novelist.

Robbie: We've known her for a long time, she's okay. She's been not-quite-a-family-friend forever now.

As of right now, Nadia Dishman and Elsa Bjergsen are going on as future marriage candidates. Morgan Fyres is also a possibility.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2017, 09:07:43 PM »
Yay! Congratulations to Ileana!

Oh, I love a good spouse hunt! I really like Morgan Fyres. She always make really pretty children. Nadia is quite cute as well, though, and Elsa has those glasses! Can't forget the glasses. Ryan will have a tough choice ahead of him! Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
Congratulations on your first immortal!

Among the various candidates, I like Nadia Dishman the most because of her traits. *whispers: but also because Elsa doesn't age that well in my games
I agree with FrancescaFiori that Morgan makes attractive children.

It's kind of funny that J, who's an Active sim, managed to sire several Lazy daughters. Can't wait to find out who Ryan picks.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2017, 07:59:39 AM »
Nadia and Morgan should make cute kids, in my games, Elsa ages up with these very heavy-lidded, small eyes that don't go well with her prominent,skull-like cheekbones.  Her looks just need a generation or two of interbreeding.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »
Hi everyone! I picked the Dynasty file back up and just started playing, unsure what I wanted to do in terms of story, so this update's pretty jumbled.

A not-so-happy start: Gavin was the first household member to pass away. He got up at night to use the bathroom and Grim snatched him up before he could even wash his hands. Poor Iliana :(

I made the mistake of not paying attention to Mitchell or the cowplant and they had an unfortunate meeting. Mitchell came out of it alive, but unhappy. I really need to make sure I remember to feed that cowplant...

Ryan, now a UFOlogist, was making Clear Mind Distillations after work to sharpen his herbalism skill and Mitchell passed away at his feet, only a day after Gavin. The elders are dropping like flies, aside from Iliana of course. I'll have to start working on a memorial area for our Dynasty helpers.

.....And Zoe fell victim to the cowplant. I noticed the cowplant's udders were full and quickly moved him to family inventory so there's no chance of accidentally milking it. Plus I'm getting tired of coming back to someone being eaten by the cowplant whenever I leave the lot.

Ryan finally had to make a call to the Sadness Hotline with all of the tragedy in the household. He did feel much better afterwards, and it counted as one of his emotional whims.

Another update, I finally purchased the City Living expansion! Iliana went to visit the Spice festival when it came to town. I want her to learn those new recipes, because why not? The chef of the household needs to know them all!

Over the weekend Ryan threw a Weenie Roast. I learned that Weenie Roasts seem to be very, very buggy in my game. Many weenies were roasted, but it was a struggle to get them to all count up to three hot dogs roasted. I also struggled to get Ryan to tell everyone a group story instead of just standing in front of the fire and smiling at everyone, but somehow I pulled it off!

I also found that the guest have this need to compulsively add logs to the fire until it's roaring above their heads, which results in a fire. We lost some lawn chairs, and almost J as well.

I also sent Ryan out for a day to Granite Falls to catch some insects for his aspiration. He caught 15 insects without much of a struggle.

I sent Zoe along to fish a little, because it gets kind of boring just having Ryan run around looking for bugs. Unfortunately, Zoe met Grim while at Granite Falls. The house is getting pretty empty now.

Travis Scott passed away not too long before Zoe had. The twins are officially parentless. What a shame :( But at least they still have J, Iliana and Ryan.

An emotional shot of Zoe's old bedroom...

Not long after came the twins' young adult birthday. Ryan's already thrown a birthday party, so I had him throw a Black and White party to celebrate. Here's the handsome boys! Robbie decided to forgo the black and white formal wear.

"I'm the caterer again, I guess?"

Yes!

This was the beginning of the Birthday Cake saga. Iliana made a beautiful Black and White cake as one of the party tasks, then called everyone to eat for the "have three people eating at the same time" task. Oops. No more birthday cake for the twins.

That's okay, we'll make a cheesecake when the party's over!

Good idea, except the game wouldn't allow Miles or Robbie to blow out the candles. The only option that popped up was "Age Up Sim," and Elsa was the only sim that popped up as an option. Maybe we need a more traditional cake?

"Alright, chocolate cake it is!"

Except now nobody was able to put candles on the cake. I tried to hide the cake in the basement ambrosia fridge, but Robbie took a slice out of the cake, put it on the table, and left with Elsa.

"Patience, Iliana........"

Everyone was getting hungry and grumpy, so I gave up and let everyone sit and eat the cake. Not like they could put candles on it anymore anyway.

Once Iliana was fed, I had her try to make one more cake.

"Okay, finally getting somewhere..."

She put candles on the cake before anyone could eat it... and..

And Robbie aged up unprompted. Right in the kitchen, before ever touching the cake.
Before I could get Miles to the kitchen, he aged up as well.

Aaaand the candles go back off the cake.

After all of that, both twins got sad moodlets for not celebrating their birthday.

"Plumbob help me."

I actually forgot to get pictures of the twins after aging up! Probably because of all this cake drama. I have to give them some new outfits and fix up their sleeping situation, anyway.

By the way... According to his age bar, J was supposed to die before Mitchell and Zoe. Now Gavin, Mitchell, and Zoe are all gone and J is still kicking. His age bar is full and glowing, but he's still here. Despite having built up his fitness skill, I never had him complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, so I know that doesn't have anything to do with it. I suppose his time will come. I've been using him as a maid while he's still here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2017, 12:37:30 AM »
Yikes. I guess that's the problem with the Roomies household. They're all the same age, so they all go at once. Except for J, that active trait it no joke! Loved the emotional shot of Zoe's empty bedroom. *wipes tear*
Your cake drama and Ileana's reaction face were just heartbreaking, but totally relatable. What is it about a perfect, pristine, untouched cake that brings sims out of the woodwork to immediately snag a piece? Argh!
Anyway, glad to see an update. Love this family!

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2017, 09:03:05 PM »
@FrancescaFiori Thank you!! These sims with their need to run and destroy a cake as soon as it's placed drives me crazy!
Also I didn't realize that the active trait actually increased lifespan, but you're right! I'll have to keep that in mind, I had no idea! It makes sense though!

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
I'm sorry to start off in such a sad way, but...

...We lost J. :(  Rest in Peace, father of 13 children and the last member of the Roomies household.

But with the loss of one household member, we gained not one, not two, but THREE more.

After work one evening, Ryan invited Nadia Dishman over and proposed. The courting process took just a few sim hours. With her came her mother, Addyson, and her brother, Otto.

A few quick outfit adjustments:

(I love the white and red on Nadia!!)

Nadia came in unemployed. She's lazy, a bro, and loves the outdoors.
Otto is also unemployed. He's self-assured, romantic, and family-oriented.
Addyson came in as a mixologist with a whopping seven levels in mixology. She retired from her bar tending career in favor of spending the remainder of her life fishing. She's active, clumsy, and a perfectionist. What an interesting combination!

Also, I forgot to show Miles and Robbie's new looks. It's finally time to move on from the matching outfits and hairstyles.

The older the twins get, the more I notice their strangely shaped midsections. I'm fairly sure they picked it up from their father, Travis. They're thin, yet their stomachs just seem to extend out to the sides like lovable pregnant goats at a petting zoo. They're still quite handsome, I think, even if that mustard yellow hair drives me a little crazy.

The wedding was thrown the next day. Here's all the young men of the house enjoying omelets together for breakfast:

Well, all enjoying it except for the twins. They're still getting over J's death.

"I am so sick of cake..."

Ryan and Nadia's wedding had quite the crowd!

I just think they're the absolute cutest!  ;D

Everyone enjoyed some soulful tunes from Robbie's violin. His newly written song "Grizzly Black Bear" was quite the hit.

At the end of the night, Ryan and Nadia had some well-deserved alone time...Out in the tent! It did give Ryan another night sleeping in the tent for his aspiration, so that's fine with me!

Speaking of which, I've recently realized that Ryan has to sleep in the tent completely undisturbed until he wakes up on his own in the morning around 8 am, even if his energy is completely full before then, for it to count as a night slept in the tent. That's annoying! But thankfully he only has two more nights until that requirement is complete.

Ryan has also mastered his first skill: herbalism! It was an incredibly tedious skill to work on! He's up to level 9 in gardening and nearly level 9 in logic. He's a level 6 scientist. He'll be aging up to an adult soon. Everything should get done just fine!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »
Oh, farewell J! I have such a soft spot for him, it's hard to see him go.

Glad there was so much happiness this chapter, too! Nadia is gorgeous. I can't wait to see the nooboos!

That sleeping in a tent requirement is such a pain! I had so many tense mornings, wondering whether my sim would get up in time for work!

Congrats to Ryan on the marriage and the maxed skill! He seems to be in great shape overall. Nicely done!

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »
@FrancescaFiori Thank you  ;D I love Nadia, she's just adorable. I can't wait to see how the next heir will look!

Goodness that tent requirement is annoying! I hadn't realized until now that I'd never actually completed the Outdoors Enthusiast aspiration. Even after his energy as filled he'll stay in that **ed tent until 8  ::)

anything