Author Topic: The Bern Immortal Dynasty  (Read 23463 times)

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
Re: The Bern Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 07:42:50 PM »
I sent Iliana, J, and Zoe to Granite Falls for a night for a short vacation. Mitchell and Gavin stayed home to watch the house.

(Iliana doesn't seem too enthused, unfortunately)

The real purpose of the trip was to allow Iliana to pick some herbs for her garden, but Zoe and J got some time to practice fishing.

And Iliana had some extra time to practice cooking and shape up on her herbology enough that she could identify the wild plants she found. She wasn't quite high enough to identify all of them, but we'll work on it. This is just preparation to grow some herbs in the garden in case a future heir practices the herbology skill.

The trio went back home around 11 am the next day. Gavin was thrilled to have his fiancee back.

From there, things were pretty typical for a while. Iliana has made it the third level of her Culinary career, slowed down a little after taking a few unpaid days off to get everyone situated in the house and such. She's steadily building up her cooking and gourmet cooking skills, though, which will be helpful later on.

Of course, she's still making beautiful expressions. I hope the next heir is as good at that as she is!

We're making some more progress with gathering the ingredients needed for ambrosia. We have a lily and snapdragon plant growing healthily in the garden, along with an apple tree. Nobody's been able to pick any cherries because I'm not patient enough to wait for the trees in Oasis Springs to grow, and Iliana hasn't had time to build her gardening skill enough. We definitely have to pick up the pace on that, but we're still pretty early in, so it should be fine.

We do have some angelfish coming in, though! Zoe's caught two so far, and they're being kept in a fish tank.

J has been wooing and wooHOOing a few women around town. Liberty Lee...

Eliza Pancakes...

And Alice Spencer-Kim.

Speaking of which, recently I was browsing a few Immortal Dynasty stories and saw that another Simmer had J working as a pollinator, I hadn't realized until after I started using him as such... Oops! I know there's no rules against using the same strategies as another player, but I feel bad anyway. And I forget who it was that was doing it! I'll update when I figure out who it was, but I just wanted to get that off my chest!

So Zoe has been fishing, and J has been socializing and doing a little fishing, too (though not as effectively as Zoe). Mitchell helps out with the garden when Iliana is busy with work, cooking, and mixing drinks. At this rate he'll probably end up able to splice plants before Iliana! Gavin has mostly just been painting. He hasn't had to do any parenting (yet) because I'm waiting a little to bring a nooboo into the house. I want to move Iliana along in her career some more before she has to take maternity leave. Gavin's paintings have been very nice, and a few have been hung in the house. This is one of my favorites:

I'd like him to paint a portrait of Iliana once his painting skill is high enough. I've had him do some still-lifes, but they end up looking a little odd.

Next up, we're going to have a dinner party! That'll provide Iliana with one of her gold-medal requirements and help her move along in her Master Chef aspiration. And then we'll have Iliana and Gavin's wedding, which will hopefully provide our 3rd gold medal.

Speaking of aspirations, I have to decide what direction to take with Iliana's two aspirations. Master Chef will definitely be one. For the second, I was thinking Freelance Botanist, but now I'm wondering if it'd be better to go for Master Mixologist. The Master Chef aspiration doesn't require Iliana to join the chef branch, so I could complete that and the Master Mixologist without needing to switch careers around.  ??? What do you all think? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 03:23:41 AM »
I'd go for Master Mixologist and try for the L9 work opportunity that gives you the SnaggleFluster drink. I think quite a few people have 'used' J as a pollinator and that isn't copying as there are only so many townie males available. It would be copying of you used someones made sim or founder etc. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »
They don't have maternity leave in Sims 4 so you can bring in the next generation as soon as you want and she will keep going to work up to her labour.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 02:08:50 PM »
@Playalot I think that's my best bet :)

@Magpie2012 Oops!! I forgot! I haven't played for a bit and forgot all about that, hahaha. Thanks for reminding me!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 05:18:58 PM »
You're right that you can complete both Master Chef and Master Mixologist while following the mixology career branch. Master Chef requires reaching level eight (I think?) of the culinary career but either branch of the career counts.
I'm really enjoying your story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 09:42:05 PM »
Just now I realized I was spelling Ileana's name incorrectly in a lot of posts. My own founder!  :-[ Oops! I'll fix that, I swear! ...Eventually.

It was the morning of the planned dinner party. Ileana was sleeping in late, tired from a long night at work. Gavin couldn't wait for food and ended up making scrambled eggs without me directing him to... And he set the kitchen on fire. And proceeded to stand and scream in the fire until J saved him. Thanks a lot, Gavin!!

I didn't get a lot of shots of the dinner party, but we pulled it off with a gold medal. Due to guests going into the fridge and thinking it was acceptable to pull food out themselves, the menu for the night was two chocolate cakes and a garden salad. I worked out, though.

Ileana has off the next day as well, so we scheduled the wedding for that day. In the morning, the household gathered to eat salad and fruit parfait around the table and discuss how the day would pan out.

Gavin finished cleaning up the house, Mitchell took care of the garden, Zoe caught another angelfish, J gussied himself up, and Ileana made a beautiful cake......

...And started another fire. Two fires in two days?! Who lit that incense burner?!

Once the fire was put out (again) and a new stove and counters were purchased (AGAIN), Ileana dressed up in her wedding dress. It isn't the traditional princess dress, but I thought it was sassy and fun and cute for an outdoor wedding :)

The party went nicely, and much more smoothly than the dinner party. Here's my first wedding shot........J is the center of attention, as always!

Thankfully I did get a better one :)

Here's Ileana and Gavin sharing some delicious invisible cake!

And after checking Ileana's Master Chef progress I saw that the dinner party from the night before didn't register... Darn it! The Master Chef aspiration requires a silver medal dinner party. I'm not sure if it didn't register because it was a gold medal party, or if I swapped Ileana's aspiration at some point and forgot. Since Ileana only has two days off each week, I had her throw a quick, spur-of-the-moment dinner party after her wedding and purposely had her only score a silver medal on it. A second dinner party wouldn't have counted toward the 5 event requirement anyway, so no big loss.

Butternut gnocchi and garden salad! Yum!

Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis took out the trash after dinner! What a sweetheart!

Olivia invited Ileana to her birthday party the next day, but unfortunately Ileana had work and couldn't attend. :( Sorry, Olivia!

In other news, we now have a spliced pomegranate tree and an orchid plant growing! One step closer to ambrosia!

J is now the father of two children: Liberty Lee's son, Reid, and Eliza Pancakes' daughter, Katelyn. That hasn't stopped him, though. In fact, he's feeling so confident that he's prepared some special costumes for when more "lucky ladies" visit.

Ileana has been promoted to Mixologist, and received another notice after returning home from work. She's eating for two!

Look at this teeny little belly!

Finally have some action happening in this series! :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
 :o J's costumes? ?!  *unbelieving stunned silence* Bwhahhhaaha  ;D Congrats on the lovely wedding and happy news.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 12:47:35 PM »
Haha, J's "special costume"!!! Also, I laughed at J's makeover--he looks like such a jock, now.

Congrats on the gold medals, the wedding, and the pregnancy.

I think the gameplay is so uneven about "inappropriate behavior." My dynasty founder yells at his grand-daughter for cooking at parties in their own home (because I need t designate her as caterer, though he can serve drinks no problem), but guests pulling food out of the fridge is...okay?

Looking forward to the nooboo!

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 03:09:47 PM »
Oh holy Hannah! What a scalawag J is.... Also, the costumes, ha, ha... Using J that way your continuing to populate the town. Since I can't have Eric as my new founders spouse he's also going to be pollinating.

I was using J in the Riley Dynasty. He was doing so well too but alas it's now defunct. We are so limited by the very few available men for these challenges (not complaining) that it's impossible to not have several of us with the same pollinators.

Great story!

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
Our angelfish collection is going excellently. We ran out of fish tank space, so they're going in the fridge now.

J is up to his usual antics. He also started a social networking blog.

Oh, and he's the father of four children now. But it hasn't stopped him. He knows it's meant to be this way.

Ileana's been promoted to line cook! Thank goodness, no more working until 2 am.

She's not thrilled with the baby chub she's been putting on. I think it's pretty cute!

And so does Gavin :)

Mitchell's been doing great handling the gardening. We have a pomegranate and orchid plant now, just waiting for them to grow enough to graft one on to the other.

Also, we have a little baby cow plant! Awwww!

Ileana went into labor one night after work. Exhausted, she decided to simply sleep through her labor pains until the last moment.

At 5 am, Ileana gave birth to a little baby boy. Welcome our next heir, Ryan <3

We had a good bit of funds built up from Ileana's job and Gavin's painting to replace Mitchell's room with a nice little nursery. Mitchell got a new, expanded room as thanks for being a great gardener.

I can't wait to see if Ryan inherited his mom's talent for humorous facial expressions. He's as cute as a button! Zoe took to him immediately.

He looks like he's picked up both Gavin's skin tone and eye color. Welcome to the dynasty, Ryan!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 06:05:00 AM »
Yay   :D I love reading about the birth of a new Dynasty & I always find the beginning the most fun to play!  Be careful about keeping Angelfish in the fridge; they will use them to cook with which is infuriating.  I keep mine in the household inventory, which works great so far. 

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »
@tjtemple That's what I was afraid of! I was keeping the min the fish tank until I realized I could only keep six in there. Household inventory is a good idea, I might do that.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2016, 02:12:48 PM »
Be careful keeping them in the Household inventory, sometimes they glitch in there and all you can do is sell them!!!

Welcome little Ryan!  :)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
Be careful keeping them in the Household inventory, sometimes they glitch in there and all you can do is sell them!!!

Ok, that would be terrible.  On another dynasty I kept them all up in the roof, perhaps that's a better plan.  I never had a problem with them in the inventory before, but knowing my Sim luck they'd glitch at gen 7!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2016, 02:42:40 PM »
Ryan is adorable!   Looks like things are going well for you.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything