Author Topic: Can my PC run the Sims 4  (Read 10448 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can my PC run the Sims 4
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 11:41:15 AM »
Yes, on the box of the game, and online it gives some pretty low specs. However...

If you want to run the game with any decent performance and experience you'll want to look more at the recommended specs instead. This way you can get better performance and gameplay experience.

Minimum specs will barely run the game at all and will give poor gameplay performance and experience. As EA/Maxis adds more content to the game as well as patches the more it will run slower, lag, freeze and may end up not playing on computers with only minimum specs.

That is why it is best to look for a computer that has recommended specs so you'll have better game performance and experience. This will also help when they add more content to the game as well as patches. Your system will be able to handle them better.

What we recommend is: (For better overall game performance and experience)

2.5 GHz processor or faster from either AMD or Intel.
GTX Nvidia or AMD R7 with 1GB dedicated memory
8GB system memory.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Urfliesareundon

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 02:02:26 PM »

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »
I would not recommend the one you linked to or any laptop that is similar. These types of computers aren't made for gaming. They're more made for office/homework, watching videos listening to music and other light tasks. Not so much for gaming.

Also, it doesn't have the system recommendation of 8GB system memory. It's not giving any information on the graphics. So I'm assuming that it's integrated. Which isn't recommended either.

Yes it has a processor that has a turbo boost speed of 2.16ghz, but that would then mean it would be running on turbo all the time which could lead to damaging the computer and pretty quickly.

With your budget being so low you may need to just go with what you have for now and save your money so you can get a better desktop or laptop later. I would say a general rule $1000 would get you a good laptop or a awesome desktop that would run Sims 4 really well plus keep up with the content the add as well as game patches.

We also had a look at your current computer's specs as well and found it's not really made for gaming either. It's more of an office/net browsing computer.

If you've recently purchased the game you may still be able to get a refund. - See link below.

Great Game Guarantee
https://www.origin.com/en-us/great-game-guarantee

However we do have some tips that might help a little.

General Crashing Issues (Tips to help with)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg408903.html#msg408903

Intermittent Lagging/Freezing
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg426179.html#msg426179

How to reduce loading time, so it loads faster?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23697.msg412348.html#msg412348
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Urfliesareundon

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »
Can you recommend a desktop then please? I have been looking and I have found some within my price range meeting some of the requirements, although it doesn`t display all of the information I need. Not looking to purchase one above £500, all I want in the game is fast performance really. Thank You

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 07:00:37 PM »
I was just finishing up doing a search for you for a desktop. Here's what I found:

ADMI ULTRA GAMING PC = Sale: £499.95
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ADMI-ULTRA-GAMING-Multimedia-Pre-Installed/dp/B00CMQWJXQ

AMD FX-6350 - 4.20GHz
8GB System Memory
NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 2GB

Great starter computer with a decent graphics card that will play Sims at medium/high settings and will allow for smooth gameplay.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 07:07:36 PM »
Thank you SO much for sticking with me on this. I really -really- don't like being the bearer of bad news. I feel terrible when my fellow Simmers can't play the game due to their computer being under specs.

I'm happy to be able to find you something that will work pretty well for the game. I hope it will help you enjoy the game more. I know having a better computer for Sims has changed my whole outlook on the game. Makes me enjoy playing it that much more.

Offline Urfliesareundon

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 07:47:06 PM »
I`ve been comparing some of those specs to specs on these computers http://www.game.co.uk/en/fierce-brute-dualcore-gaming-pc-wifi-3-9ghz-hd-graphics-8gb-1tb-795223?pageSize=40&categoryIdentifier=906276&catGroupId= and http://www.game.co.uk/en/Fierce+Wraith+Dual-Core+Gaming+PC+(A4-6300+3.7GHz+CPU+8370D+Graphics+8GB+RAM+1TB)-327174?cm_vc=Prod_1

The only problem is it doesn`t supply the graphic card information.

But anyway, I see ADMI do a range of gaming desktops, is any of the cheaper ones able to play sims 4? I know the cheaper the desktop the less that`s going to be in it. But if all else fails, I would be considering the one you recommended, as I said the only recommendation I`m after is fast performance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:42 PM »
I looked at both desktops that were linked and you might be able to get low settings, but won't guarantee it. As the video card listed may not be supported by the game.

However, if you choose either one of those that are linked you can always buy a separate dedicated video card and install it to get better graphics to where you may depending on the card be able to get high settings.

You'll also find the the cheaper ADMI desktops will have lower quality graphics as well, and again may only be able to handle low settings. I don't know what the power supplies are on those. So you may have to buy a newer power supply if you choose any of the ADMI desktops and purchase a separate dedicated video card.

When you mean fast, I figure that means high settings. So regardless if you want to purchase one of the desktops that are linked, or a cheaper ADMI desktop you're looking at needing to buy a dedicated video card and possibly a power supply.

Offline Urfliesareundon

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »
I`ve been doing my research  8) .

So after my recent post I found some more desktops that are similar to the ones in the links I provided in my last post. I checked the video card and Googled which video cards The Sims 4 supports, the video card is a AMD Radeon 8570D.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition - So the graphic cards link

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12516827#Comment_12516827 - How will it perform, On the first list.

The desktops I have just found have all of the same requirements as the last ones so that`s not a problem. Quality doesn`t really matter to me, I used to play Sims 2 with flashing blue and red walls and floors because my graphics card had it. When I say fast performance I mean quick loading times etc.

Does it matter if the processor is a quad or a dual?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 09:05:15 PM »
I'm going by that graphics card list as well. The cards listed in are low settings and may not be supported, Orange means medium graphics. So a desktop with an AMD Radeon 8570D. graphics would play in medium settings.

No it does not matter if it's dual or quad core.

Offline Urfliesareundon

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »
http://www.game.co.uk/en/fierce-rifle-quad-core-gaming-pc-athlon-x4-860k-3-7ghz-cpu-gtx-750-2gb-graphics-8gb-ram-1tb-327138?pageSize=40&catGroupId=&categoryIdentifier=906276&pageNumber=2&sortBy=PRICE_ASC

May of found the one. Question is... what is the difference between middle and uber/high performance? What are the effects I would notice in uber/high settings to medium settings?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »
Yep that desktop would definitely work for you on high settings. :)

There isn't much difference between medium settings and high settings other than medium settings tends to have a little less definition. High setting looks a little sharper and has a better detail. 

Offline Urfliesareundon

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 09:47:34 PM »
Ah ok, I see.

I think that`s it, finally found a desktop I am happy with and now I can finally play my Sims  ;D

I assume the desktop is pretty easy to install?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 09:52:15 PM »
Yes, Sims should be pretty easy to install and setup.

Offline Urfliesareundon

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »
Lovely. Thank You for your help, much appreciated.

anything