Author Topic: Townies and Apiration Traits  (Read 3863 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Townies and Apiration Traits
« on: December 26, 2015, 03:51:33 AM »
My dynasty household invited into the family a young adult named Denzel Goth, son of Bella Goth and my dynasty's "populator."
I went into CAS to change some recent children's outfits.  For the first time, I noticed that Denzel had no aspiration trait.
Is that because he became playable only after becoming a young adult?

Just wondering if this was usual (I'd never actually noticed before) or if my save file is bugged.
This won't ruin my game, but I would like to know if this is normal.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Townies and Apiration Traits
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 06:53:21 AM »
I've edited a lot of sims that the game generates and sometimes they don't have an aspiration or if it's a sim that my sim hasn't met yet they will sometimes be missing a trait. It's like the game doesn't always make a trait for them until it has to.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 04:20:58 PM »
Yes, same. It is technically a bug I guess but seeing as once the townie is part of your household it is easily fixed by giving them a trait and/or aspiration, I've never really given it much thought.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »
I've edited a lot of sims that the game generates and sometimes they don't have an aspiration or if it's a sim that my sim hasn't met yet they will sometimes be missing a trait. It's like the game doesn't always make a trait for them until it has to.
Thank you for your response @grimsoul
My dynasty household became unplayable yesterday after exiting CAS (can't get past the world selection screen *weeps), so I went to Answers EA HQ to see if I could find my scenario as a "known bug."  Though I didn't find it, I did find this:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/04/missing-aspiration-trait/

Apparently, the aspiration trait appears blank for the sim selected for entering CAS but is actually there.
Although I can't play my household, I could confirm this in the Household Managements menu. I could also check in the Visit menu from the Neighborhood screen.

Do you mean editing townies that you place into a playable household or homeless townies?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 07:35:49 PM »
@oshizu I was talking about homeless townies. I'm bad about editing them if the game makes them wearing something that I don't like. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 06:04:58 PM »
Hahaha, you must be so busy changing everyone's clothes.  Aren't they almost all weirdly dressed @grimsoul  ?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 11:32:28 PM »
@oshizu lol You have a point there. :) But it's mostly the things that bug me. Like seeing someone swimming in a pool wearing a big floppy hat. Someone walking around with clown makeup on as part of their everyday wear.
I did get a laugh at my sim once tho, there was a woman at the park wearing a sweater and panties. What's my sim do, runs over and does a flirty introduction. :D But sometimes the game just makes some strange clothing options that just has to go.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »
@oshizu lol You have a point there. :) But it's mostly the things that bug me. Like seeing someone swimming in a pool wearing a big floppy hat. Someone walking around with clown makeup on as part of their everyday wear.
I did get a laugh at my sim once tho, there was a woman at the park wearing a sweater and panties. What's my sim do, runs over and does a flirty introduction. :D But sometimes the game just makes some strange clothing options that just has to go.
@grimsoul  That's just too funny about your sim (erm, your simself or just one of your sims?) and the scantily dressed woman at the park. I like how your sim ran, not just casually walked over. Sims are a lot more fun to play lately because of how they act on their own. About that sim of yours, what is his/her traits?

Do you remember the period when we would see someone in a clown costume whenever we went to town?  I'm glad that got fixed. That must have kept you really busy, haha.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
@oshizu  His traits are romantic, insane and genius.
Yea, I remember all the clown costumes. Some times I wouldn't change the outfit just go in and give them a goofy walk style. :)