Author Topic: Can you buy and download it later?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Can you buy and download it later?
« on: December 23, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
Got my computer, but it is damaged so have to take it to BestBuy and let them reorder another one. 

I want to get this expansion pack and the Outdoor Retreat from Origin.  But, I won't have my replacement computer back before the time runs out.

Have not bought much that I download, some virus and malware protection, so not sure how it will work with the packs from Origin.
Can I buy the expansion packs and stuff packs and install them on my replacement computer after it arrives, probably sometime in Jan.?
The savings will let me get both of them and I hate to miss out. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can you buy and download it later?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 08:09:07 PM »
Yes you have that option in Origin. After the packs are purchased they are immediately added to your account. You can download them anytime you want through the Origin client. This works for any expansion/game/stuff pack.

You can also backup the install files of the whole game, so you don't have to redownload it all later.

How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 4 From Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21193.0.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 10:01:24 PM »
Also, one good thing with Origin is if you register your physical discs, you can always download a digital version of them at a later date.  This can be nice if they end up missing or damaged sometime in the future.

And there is no limit on how many times you download such things, not unless the Origin servers themselves are down :) 

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:04:16 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I accidently doubled posted the question by putting it in another thread.  For some reason (my computer acting up as usual, probably) I didn't think the post went through, it kept booting me off the site.