Author Topic: The story of Audrey Houser  (Read 21302 times)

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
Re: The story of Audrey Houser
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 07:00:36 PM »
I commented on your most recent update the day you posted it but am baffled not to find my response.

Did I forget to hit "Post", I wonder? To be honest, I'm a little anxious that my post got removed for over-zealously shipping Bjorn and Audrey...
Can't wait for the reveal about Bjorn!

Don't worry about it :D Glad you're enjoying it!

As for shipping Bjorn and Audrey? Oh-ho-ho! I already have the entire storyline planned out, but I don't want to reveal any details on what will happen ;) who knows...!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 07:24:12 PM »
I am loving the suspense! Bring it on, Peaches!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 08:21:39 PM »
The day after, I had decided to invite Cannon round for an intense game of Don't wake the Llama! I had already become quite good at the game, as I was a regular down the pub when they host ghost/alien nights, and they teach me all their tricks. Plus, I have quite a steady hand...sometimes. I thought it would be good for Cannon and Hannah to hang out more, as they don't really know too much about each other.

Cannon: "Ahh no!"
Hannah: "You tried your best!"
Audrey: "Shall we play another game, babe?"
Cannon: "Maybe, I dunno."
Audrey: "Don't be a sore loser!"
I pull a tongue out at him and he didn't break a smirk, his face stayed firm. A few seconds later he stood up and quietly spoke to me.
Cannon: "Audrey, I need to speak with you."

Obviously, I had no idea what he wanted to talk about. Could be anything with Cannon, he's not someone who expresses his feelings very well. If something is bothering him, he'd want to sort it in the most subtle way possible. I excuse myself from the table and walk into the house, following Cannon. Hannah just sat there building the game up again, ready for our next go.

Audrey: "Okay, what's up? Is Hannah annoying you? I can get her to stop talking about Llama Man if you want me to?"
Cannon: "Hannah's fine, it's fine. It's not Hannah."
I began to frown, this didn't seem normal. I've never heard his voice so shaky before.
Audrey: "Cann?"
Cannon: "Okay, don't freak out but-"
Audrey: "What've you done?!" My heart skipped a beat. Had he hurt someone? KILLED SOMEONE?
Cannon: "Calm down, Aud. I've just been doing a lot of thinking. A LOT."
Audrey: "Yeah...?"
Cannon's voice almost became a whisper, as if he didn't want Hannah to hear anything.
Cannon: "I think...it might be best...if we go our separate ways...for a while."
Audrey: "..."
Cannon: "Aud?"

I had no idea why he was saying this. He gave no indication that he was feeling this way. I was also convinced that he may have proposed soon, that's how great our relationship had been the past few months. Heck, I thought that's what he wanted to talk about! Marriage, moving in together...something like that but...no. My head was spinning!
Audrey: "Wh-why...what...why are you saying this?"
Cannon: "I think it's for the best, for now. I need to pursue my photography career, and that means travelling to many different countries, and being in a relationship...long distance...will only complicate things."
My heart sank inside me, however, anger soon came bubbling up...as it normally does. I'm a hotheaded sim, I don't take rejection very well.

Audrey: "You've met someone else haven't you?"
Cannon: "No, I just think-"
Audrey: "You THINK? Think about what you're saying! People can survive in long distance relationships!"
Cannon: "But...it's not for me. I don't want to be worrying about you all the time, or restricting myself in any way."
Audrey: "Restricting? Sorry that I'm in the way of you meeting other girls!"

Cannon: "Audrey! That's not what I'm saying at all!"
Audrey: "I can't be dealing with this, you can have all the freedom you want."

Cannon: "Now hold on there, we can probably work something out?"
Audrey: "We're either IN a relationship, or we're NOT, Cannon. You can't have it anyway it suits you, it takes two to tango. I know you want to pursue your photography career, and I want you to. But we don't have to split up in order for you to do that, I'm here to support you, not hold you back."
Cannon: "I just don't know anymore, I guess I don't know what I want. I do love you...but..."
Audrey: "Save it. You've made yourself clear. You think we're not worth fighting for, I guess."
Cannon: "Oh, just can it will you? We're probably better off being apart. I thought you'd understand!"

Audrey: "...can this."

Cannon: "AUDREY! You're a psycho!"

My heart was in pieces. My chest felt tight, like I couldn't breathe. It was like the wind had been knocked out of me, a heavy fist punching me in the gut once he said he didn't want to be together. After I threw a drink on him, he left without a word, and Hannah came running in at the same time.
Hannah: "Hey, sis! The games all set up now if you want another round?"

Audrey: "Leave me alone Hannah, I don't want to play another stupid game."

Audrey: "I don't want to play Don't wake the Llama. If you hadn't noticed the red juice on Cannon's shirt, we've had a fight, because he doesn't want to be with me anymore. We're finished. His stupid camera is more important. So don't be coming in here, with your stupid grin asking me about Don't wake the Llama because it can GET STUFFED! Do yourself a favour, and PLEASE tell Ulrike that you love her, because I'm getting sick of covering for you whenever you mess up around her, or making excuses for you when you don't feel like meeting up with her because you're too nervous. JUST TELL HER. GOSH, you're so annoying sometimes."

The look on Hannah's face was pure horror. I'd never spoken to her like that before, we've always been so close. She had a moment where her face was wide in shock, but then she did something I've never seen her do before. My timid, gentle sister, shoved me and her face turned bright red.

Hannah: "First of all, don't you dare ever speak to me like that again! You've just had your heart broken! We need to be watching chick-flicks and eating ice cream! Secondly, what I do with Ulrike is my own business, things are progressing comfortably for me. I know it's probably 'slow' for your standards, Miss Hoochy, but Ulrike and I are fine!"

Hannah: "Also, things with Cannon aren't over. You two are too close just to call it quits, he's just going through a difficult time in his life, wondering what to do with himself, and everything is becoming so confusing for him. He probably feels like a bum, because he hasn't had a proper, solid job yet, and is also wracked with nerves because there is always that probability that his photography won't take off and he'll just be even poorer, and more miserable. He wants to be able to provide for you both, and yes, he probably needs his space, but he also doesn't want to end things with you. His head is everywhere at the moment. Give him a few hours, then go speak to him. Quietly."

My sister. My dear, dear sister. Always the voice of reason. She reminds me so much of Mum. Always knowing what to say in a crisis, and keeping a cool/calm head. My anger and hotheadedness blinded me to what Cannon was probably feeling, Hannah is right, he was probably confused on what to do, and I just needed to speak to him.
Hannah: "Now, MARCH!"
Hannah quickly shoved me out the front door. Cannon was nowhere to be seen, but I could probably catch him at his house...

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 08:37:00 AM »
Oooh, didn't see that coming, but I think Hannah is probably right. Audrey should listen to her sister.

I hope Cannon can get everything sorted out. I'm still shipping them, even with this little bump in the road.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »
Cannon, you self-centered cad! I'm not sure if I ship them or not (hehe).

I loved how the usually meek and mild Hannah puts her foot down in this chapter! Go Hannah!

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »
I had listened to Hannah and jumped in a taxi all the way back to my family's neighbourhood in Newcrest. Cannon lived in a flat/apartment which he rented with a friend.

Cannon's roommate, for some bizarre reason, always leaves a guitar outside of the door. In all honesty, the apartments are surrounded by a large, locked gate, so the only people who can access the guitar are the residents. Cannon and I used to sit on the balcony with the guitar on the weekends. He would play songs, and we'd sing along together, reminiscing about old times.

I had knocked several times and no-one seemed to be in. This really annoyed me. Was Cannon in there, but just ignoring me? All I wanted to do was speak to him, and perhaps apologise for throwing a drink on him. I looked like an idiot stood here, knocking on a door, when no-one may have been in.

I decided to call Cannon, but his phone was turned off, it was going straight to voicemail. So...I decided to call his roommate to see if he was with Cannon. The roommate sounded like he was in a cafe.
Roommate: "Hello?"
Audrey: "Hey, it's Audrey, is Cannon with you?"
Roommate: "Oh...uh, hi Audrey. No he's not with me."
Audrey: "Do you know where he is?"
Roommate: "Yeah he's on his way to Veronaville. He's been packed to go all week, you didn't know?"

Audrey: "What the heck are you on about? Veronaville?"
Roommate: "Audrey? You're not joking right? You really had no idea?"
Audrey: "I was just speaking with him...we had an arguement and...and...he mentioned something about a photography career he wanted to pursue but..."
Roommate: "Veronaville has a college which holds photography courses, he signed up for it a while ago. You...honestly didn't know?"
Audrey: "NO! Not until today!"
Roommate: "Jeez...that's harsh. But in all seriousness, I saw he had a backpack with him this morning, haven't seen him since. He probably didn't even come home, he may have jumped on the first train to Veronaville. Lord knows where he would be now."
Audrey: "Well...thanks anyway."

I sat on the bench outside his apartment and tried to control my breathing. My heart had split in two, but I was just so...angry! How dare he just pack up and leave, without even telling me! I was convinced we could've worked something out, but I think he's just given up.

I took a deep breath and walked away from the apartment. If he's found someone else then...I just want him to be happy. Even though I wanted that someone to be me.

I came home and did some yoga. It's one of the ways which relaxes me quickly. My wellness skill was getting pretty good, so yoga seemed more and more easier every time I did it.

MEANWHILE...at the Bjergsen household...

Elsa: "Daddy, can I ask you something?"
Bjorn: "Yeah, of course, darling."
Elsa: "Sofia was being mean to me earlier, she said I look stupid in these pyjamas."
Bjorn: "Just ignore her, Elsa."

Elsa: "But I'm tired of her being mean, Daddy. Does your girl friend have a sister?"
Bjorn: "What?"
Elsa: "Does your girl friend have a sister? Is she mean like Sofia?"
Bjorn: "Who are you on about?"
Elsa: "I sometimes see you with a pretty girl with red hair. Mummy took me to the park and we walked past your pub and I looked in the big window and I saw you and the girl playing darts."
Bjorn: "But she's not my girlfriend, Elsa, don't be saying things like that now."
Elsa: "But, Daddy! She's a girl and she's your friend!"

Bjorn: "Don't be cheeky, Elsa! Saying things like that can get Daddy into a lot of trouble with Mummy!"
Elsa: "Why...would Mummy be mad?"
Bjorn: "The red-haired girl is only my friend, when you get older you'll understand why it might sometimes be difficult or hard to understand why adults have friends who are of the opposite sex. So Mummy might not understand, and get upset."
Elsa: "Haha, you said a naughty word! Sex!"

Bjorn: "Elsa! What did I just say?"
Elsa: "Sorry, Daddy."
Bjorn: "Some things shouldn't be repeated, Elsa. Especially rude words."
Elsa: "But how come you're allowed?"
Bjorn: "Because I'm an adult."
Elsa: "That's not fair."
Bjorn: "I love Mummy very, very much, okay? If you repeat anything, it can get Daddy into a lot of trouble, as I've just explained."

Elsa: "Sorry Daddy, I just thought her hair was pretty."
Bjorn: "Don't worry, sweetheart. It's past your bedtime, so I think you had better go to bed."
Elsa had made her way to her room, and Bjorn entered the kitchen in order to do some late night cooking. He was making a romantic meal for himself and his wife, Clara.

Bjorn was making his speciality, Chili! He was thinking about the romantic evening he was about to have. Perhaps him and his wife should stargaze after the meal? Maybe he'll suggest going to that fancy bar that's just opened in town? Maybe they can take a stroll through Windenburg town centre past the water fountains, and watch the boats on the water at sunset? Ideas were rollings around in his head, and he suddenly felt his wife come up beside him.
Clara: "Bjorn?"
Bjorn: "Yes, my love?"
Clara: "It's time."
Bjorn dropped his wooden spoon, and it clanged against the metal pot. He gazed at his wife.

Bjorn: "You mean?"
Clara: "Yes, I bought another test today."
Bjorn: "Really?"
Clara: "Yes, Bjorn. Number thirteen. Lucky number thirteen perhaps?"
Bjorn: "We can only hope so...how are you feeling? Do you feel...pregnant?"
Clara: "It's hard to tell, I'm a little nervous. We've been disappointed so many times before."
Bjorn: "Are you going to test...now?"
Clara: "Yes, wish me luck!"
Bjorn gave his wife a kiss on the cheek.
Bjorn: "Good luck, my love."

Clara entered the bathroom and got the pregnancy test ready. She had "used" the test, and set it down on the side of the sink. She watched, and watched as the test line slowly faded into existence. Clara was waiting for the positive line. She waited...and waited...and waited. Ten minutes passed, and no matter how much she held it up to the light, there was nothing. Nothing at all.

Her expression changed, and she called Bjorn into the bathroom. She threw the test into the bin. Bjorn came in, he looked really nervous.

Bjorn: "So...what is it?"
A glimmer of hope shined in his eyes, even though his hands were shaking from anticipation.

Clara burst into uncontrollable sobs. Bjorn stood there, unsure on what to say this time. This was the thirteenth negative test in a row, and usually he would say "We'll try again" or "It'll happen next time", but they both knew deep down that they were getting too old, and too tired to keep trying as often as they used to. They were both in their late-thirties and time was running out.

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »
(CONTINUED)

Clara: "I just...don't know if I can do this anymore."
Bjorn: "I'm sorry, Clara."
Bjorn wasn't sure why he was apologising, but he felt it was compulsory in this situation.
Clara: "I just don't understand. I really don't."
Bjorn: "Don't understand what?"
Clara: "I don't understand why it isn't working! Is there something wrong with you?"
Bjorn: "Excuse me?"

Clara: "I've been to the doctors, almost every month to do those stupid ovulation tests, and hormone treatments and they say I'm perfectly fine! It must be you thats the problem!
Bjorn: "Clara, you can't say that!"
Clara: "It must be the reason! I'm not stupid!"
Bjorn: "But..."
Clara: "You must be infertile, or close to it, because...come on, Bjorn. Thirteen negative tests?
Bjorn: "It can't just all be my fault, Clara!"
Clara: "Are you saying I'm the problem?"
Bjorn: "No! We were lucky to conceive little Elsa, I know we both want this, but maybe our time has passed?"

Clara: "I just can't deal with this anymore."
Bjorn: "Huh?"
Clara: "You obviously don't want this. You don't try properly anymore. You never stick to the woohoo schedule because you're always at the pub, and you're getting lazy! This isn't working for me. I think I want a divorce."
Bjorn: "Are you crazy?"
Clara: "You heard me."

Bjorn: "I had such a romantic night planned for us tonight, but you decide to solely blame me for both our troubles with fertility? It takes two to make a baby, Clara! And you want a divorce? I think you've been possessed! It's always your way, or the highway. You never take anyone else's feelings into consideration, and you've turned into a cold, icy, witch! We never have any fun anymore! You're always tired or busy, and I try and plan nights like this, and you always try and turn it into something negative! Couldn't this test have waited until the morning? We don't necessarily NEED another baby to be happy together!"
Clara: "Don't be an idiot like always, Bjorn! Carry on, and I'll get the divorce papers, just you watch. I'll take you for everything you have."

Bjorn: "Then do it. As long as I have my girls, that's all I care about. You can take the clothes off my back, and I'll still be happy as long as I have them!"
Clara tutted and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. She went into their bedroom and locked the door. Looks like Bjorn is on the sofa tonight.

Bjorn heard some crying coming from Elsa's room. He entered and he saw an upset Elsa on her bed. It seemed like she had heard everything.
Elsa: "Are you and Mummy going to split up?"
Bjorn: "No, Elsa. Everything will be fine. Mummy is just upset."
Elsa: "What about?"
Bjorn: "We'll tell you when you're older, sweetheart."

Bjorn: "But don't be worrying, both Mummy and I love you very much!"
Elsa: "I love you, Daddy."
Bjorn: "I love you too."
Elsa: "...can you read me the Magical Unicorn book again, Daddy?"
Bjorn: "Ok, go on then."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »
Wow, Bjorn's relationship with Clara heated up into a fight that fast! I enjoyed the way you captured Elsa and Bjorn together, both before and after that argument.

I hope Bjorn gets to keep the girls. And, does Clara have any grounds for "taking him for everything he has"?

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 03:31:27 PM »
Wow, Bjorn's relationship with Clara heated up into a fight that fast! I enjoyed the way you captured Elsa and Bjorn together, both before and after that argument.

I hope Bjorn gets to keep the girls. And, does Clara have any grounds for "taking him for everything he has"?

I've never liked the look of Clara, even before I started playing their family! She seems stuck up, and snobby! Clara is just very materialistic, and wants it all, so if they do end up splitting up, she would want as much as she can get. She'll probably want the house, the kids and all the money, even though it was Bjorn that's worked for it all. And knowing Bjorn, he's a big softie, so to not cause a fuss, he'll most likely give her everything except the girls, he'll fight for them! :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 04:20:00 PM »
@Peaches

I thought you might laugh to hear that in my Apocalypse Challenge, Clara Bjergsen autonomously ended up a stalker/cougar, always staring at and following around my male teens and young adults, lol.
As a caterer, she ruined one birthday party by constantly making moon eyes at the birthday boy instead of baking the stupid cake.
Maybe Bjorn could hire a private investigator, hahaha.

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »
That night, I had decided to go out for a drink. I needed some time alone.

I chose a nice red wine. I couldn't remember the name of it, it was some fancy French name. It tasted really good!

I didn't know whether it was the wine fogging up my mind, but I started to wonder if I really needed Cannon, or anyone at all. My mother had always told me to stay strong. Losing Cannon had made me feel so worthless and unwanted, if my mother was here she would've yelled at me for not sucking it up and moving on. She always said that if you didn't love yourself, you can't love anyone else. I decided I would now try and find myself, to start having fun again, and finding my path in life.

The morning after...my head hurt. Too much wine! It took me a while before I gathered the strength to get out of bed and grab some paracetamol. I told myself, today was going to be a good day!

The majority of my morning consisted of deciding what to have in my omelet, and playing with my recently acquired cowplant! He liked it when I did the kamehameha.

I then played a new game on my phone, I think it was called SweetieSquash, really addictive! Plus I managed to find a really cute pink phone case! Then I turned on the TV to watch some news. Nothing interesting was on. As always. PLUS, Ulrike seemed to be around a lot more lately, I had better remember to ask Hannah if they're an item now...

Speak of the devil, Hannah had suddenly come and plonked herself beside me. She turned off the TV and turned to face me.
Hannah: "Audrey, you're acting weird."
Audrey: "Huh?"
Hannah: "You're walking around with a weird, fake smile like a ventriloquist's puppet. You're still upset, aren't you?"
Audrey: "Of course I am, Hannah. I'm just trying to move on."
Hannah: "Well I have an idea, why don't we...go camping for a few days? Away from it all?"

Audrey: "Whoa...no way! I'm not going! Last time I went, I got mauled by a guy in a bear costume!"
Hannah: "Come on, Aud. We need time away."

Audrey: "Nope. I'm saying no."
Hannah: "Come ooon. I'm not having you moping around here forever. Here...look at this..."

Hannah pulled out a photo album. There were pages and pages of pictures. Hannah flicked to certain pages.
Hannah: "This is one of my favourite pictures. It's the reaction of Mum and Dad when they realised they had twin girls for the SECOND time. Hilarious! What a warm welcome we had."
Audrey: "Yeah, that is pretty funny."

Hannah: "And this is my most favourite."
Audrey: "I remember this!"
Hannah: "You loved playing with fire, almost burnt yourself that day! Dad was furious!"

Audrey: "Okay Hannah, you've twisted my arm, you weirdo."

Hannah: "Wahey! You won't regret this, it's gonna be so chill!"

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »
@Peaches

I thought you might laugh to hear that in my Apocalypse Challenge, Clara Bjergsen autonomously ended up a stalker/cougar, always staring at and following around my male teens and young adults, lol.
As a caterer, she ruined one birthday party by constantly making moon eyes at the birthday boy instead of baking the stupid cake.
Maybe Bjorn could hire a private investigator, hahaha.

What a good idea! She sounds really creepy in your challenge!
Clara does seem the sort who would require investigating...perhaps? Bjorn may have to start making some phonecalls haha. For her to react so negatively before, surely that must point to her cheating? Maybe she has found a strapping young casanova whom she prefers the company of? Decisions, decisions...

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 09:28:58 AM »
Wow, lots has happened! Cannon had been planning on leaving? For weeks? Ugh.

And the Bjergsens - they seemed like a 'too happy' couple to me, too, to be honest. Poor old Bjorn. I really don't think Clara is someone about whom we can say her bark is worse than her bite. That divorce will most definitely bite.

But a camping trip sounds like a wonderful idea! Great thinking, Hannah.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2016, 04:39:05 PM »
Wow, lots has happened! Cannon had been planning on leaving? For weeks? Ugh.

And the Bjergsens - they seemed like a 'too happy' couple to me, too, to be honest. Poor old Bjorn. I really don't think Clara is someone about whom we can say her bark is worse than her bite. That divorce will most definitely bite.

But a camping trip sounds like a wonderful idea! Great thinking, Hannah.

Yes Cannon is in everyone's bad books at the moment! And I agree, the Bjergsens needed...a bit of drama shall we say? Haha

Hopefully a camping trip would lighten Audrey's spirits, plus it gives Audrey some time to reflect on recent happenings and take a breather from life!

Also I'm REALLY looking forward to the City Living expansion coming out, it's really vital for my story after the camping trip! I can't wait :) (maybe that was a bit of a spoiler, oops!)

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 06:25:15 PM »
My bad, I've just found that City Living is out TODAY! I had read somewhere that it was the 3rd Nov...
Anyway that sucks because I'm already in bed and I'm in work early in the morning....but I'm itching to get it now....

EDIT:

Nope...nope it's definitely tomorrow (2nd). Why...on EARTH did Origin on my phone/internet say the 1st? Lies...all lies...
Got my hopes up then! D: