Author Topic: Steele Double Time Dynasty  (Read 8458 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Steele Double Time Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »
Wow, I'm struggling with getting through my umpteenth Immortal Dynasty Challenge and you have created one that is even harder!?!?!
After reading through your challenge guidelines, I felt a little dizzy.  That won't stop me from reading and enjoying your story.
What a great reading--so informative! You are such a focused simmer, dethdukk.  You're such a super-skiller!

Your persistence in finding an attractive librarian really paid off. What a looker.
And I share your anticipation in Vincent's hair coloring.  Red like Keon or blonde?
Looking forward to what's to come!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »
Chapter 6 - Day 6

Shorter update today.  I got the Emotional Essence from the cowplant, but I chose not to use it for now...  I don't have a cloning machine yet, and until they fix the issue with club vibe being available at work, I won't need to use the essence to get to +8 emotion.  So instead, I'll be saving them up for later use.  Keon got his third promotion today, and so is at Rank 7 of Tech Guru at the end of day 6.  The weekend is here though, so he won't be getting any more promotions for a few days. 

I've started him into a bit of wellness, I'll want him to max it eventually so that he can start giving massages to heirs, once Skyler has passed on.  I'm also trying to finish the Computer whiz aspiration, which right now I just need to work on the computer for... 60 hours?  I believe.  Should be enough to let me max programming and video gaming. 

I did have a bit of a scare earlier, as the incense holder started a fire right next to my computer...  Fortunately Skyler handled that without issue. 

And last but not least, Vincent grew up!

And for anyone wondering... no he is not a girl.  I had to stop and check Keon's geneology to be sure, but yes, Vincent is most definitely male.

Sorry about the shorter update today, I'm working on another small project on the side that I hope will make up for it!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 10:19:27 PM »
I haven't even tried the arcade machine yet. Looks... quite large eh! Well you're racing along, got loads done in 5 days. :)

It's pretty cool!  I still want to try out the Foosball machine, I love Foosball... but I saw this thing and had to plop it down.  It's surprisingly cheap, only like... 1.7k?  And it can have 4 sims playing with more watching them.  The fun value on it is very high, and it doesn't look like it can break, so overall a very good buy.  It also gives out decent moodlets.  Nothing amazing, but helpful.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you so much for the compliments!  I've said it before, but I am an avid gamer, so I have a good idea of how game strategies work... In the Sims case, it's all about keeping your mood as high as possible, and putting as little time possible into filling needs.  If you can cut down on time spent eating/sleeping/bathing/etc, that's all time you can spend making money or leveling skills and aspirations.... which in turn reduces how much you need to eat and sleep!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »
First reaction to Vincent... wait! What? He became a GIRL? ? ? lol Glad he's still a boy, that would be one heck of a glitch otherwise!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 05:45:13 AM »
LOL! I was thinking the same as Playalot.  :o I'm sorry you are getting so many bugs, I think that it's going around unfortunately. Don't give up though!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 03:08:15 PM »
Chapter 7 - Days 7-10

So this chapter is going to be fairly short and to the point.  It's the first weekend in the challenge, and so Keon is pretty focused on his aspirations and skills.  He's gotten to L10 in programming and video gaming, but still has about 20 hours on the PC left to finish the Computer Whiz aspiration. 

I gave Vincent a haircut, his other haircut was just...  no.  Just no.  He's working on doing aspirations and leveling skills, as had all weekend to do so.  He's gotten Motor skill to level 8ish, social to around 7, and mental to 3.  He hasn't completed any of the aspirations yet.

Most of the other club members have gone home, leaving just the household members and 1 other sim.  I didn't really mind either way, but this does mean my Sims are distracted by the others less frequently. 

Having the club group up is really helpful for kids, as it lets them level skills faster, and if you have doing freindly socials as a club activity, makes them talk with Sims a lot.  I didn't really focus too much on the social skill, and he got it up to level 7 mostly by himself.  Also, the Arcade game levels motor skills.

Since Keon was basically locked onto the PC all weekend, I took the time to have Louise work on her family aspirations with Vincent.  He needed someone to read to him for the Whiz Kid aspiration anyways, so that all worked out. 

And last but not least, Tayler Steele was born!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »
I like Vincent's new look, and good to know that the arcade game levels motor skill too! Welcome little Tayler, I bet she is beautiful. Seems like you are on track!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »
Welcome Tayler! And I bet Keon will be relieved to complete this aspiration and get unchained from the PC.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 03:47:31 PM »
I'm really enjoying this and your insights and perspective on the game play.  I love playing games but I truly suck at strategy so seeing what you are doing is a big help for me.  I don't think you should worry about being wordy.  It takes a lot of words to explain things clearly sometimes.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 09:55:36 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @dethdukk - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 4 Misc and Player Made Challenge Stories

anything