Author Topic: Skill of the Week  (Read 47704 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Skill of the Week
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2015, 02:45:33 PM »
Cool :-D when I get home from work tomorrow, I think I'll start a new save and see what happens... But this does seem to be a new bug, some people on Twitter have it too and Crin directed me to a possible AHQ page but my BB hates AHQ so it wouldn't load lol

crinricts link

Ok so I thought I'd see if I could do a hyper link lol let me know if it works :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
Hyperlink works. It suggests the bug is linked to a get promotion whim?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »
Just letting you know that if you cancel the whim to Get a Promotion for 100 points your sim won't take any more performance hits and the promotion should go through, as normal, at the end of the day. It is a bug, and an annoying one for sure.

Be really good if you have experienced this bug if you go to the official EA bug forum and click the 'me too' button. Just to let EA know it is not just a random one-off bug.

link
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »
I didn't have that issue with my athlete but with the secret agent it is beyond frustrating. Everything is ticked, she's working hard, no negative moodlets, and then BAM, she's at home and the tick mark is gone and there's no promotion :-(

@Magpie2012, I thought it was specifically tied to the other Sim being off lot, but today I've been practicing for the bodybuilder challenge and he's not getting promoted when his bar is full. I've even seen the checkmark disappear before he returns home despite his still being in the preferred mood and with no negative moodlets. He usually does get the promotion the next day, but that's not very helpful in a timed challenge! :)

@crstasse, correct. You can only sell the actual book from your Sim's inventory.

I had this happen to my sim practicing the Resolution challenge in the bodybuilder career, too. Careers have always been bugged for me. It was the exact same thing. She was maxed with all check marks and about an hour to two before she came home the top check mark disappeared (though the arrow was still full) and she didn't get promoted. And she was not working hard, because I didn't see any sense in it since she was nearly maxed out the day before. And she didn't have the whim. :(

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »
Yeah, I don't recall her having the whim either :-( I usually cancel those as they take longer to satisfy than others and I could be using that spot more effectively. Drat :-( I was so hoping that had the solution :-(

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2015, 01:01:27 AM »
If you've found a different solution go for it! There is often more than one work-around for a bug. I was just letting everyone know what I've found that works for me and what has been reported from other simmers. :)

Yeah, I don't recall her having the whim either :-( I usually cancel those as they take longer to satisfy than others and I could be using that spot more effectively. Drat :-( I was so hoping that had the solution :-(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2015, 10:22:23 AM »
Two things I've discovered. The first is that your sim loses promotion progress when getting to work late -- and the progress is taken away at the end of the day, even if your sim has gotten the check mark.

The second is that it can take your sim a long time to leave some of the lots, especially in Windenburg.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »
Are these Sims permitted to earn interest once they've completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
Are these Sims permitted to earn interest once they've completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration?

Oh, definitely. That kind of goes without saying since you have to start with that Aspiration.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »
I've discovered that if you pause the game just before your sim comes home from work and change 'work hard' to 'work normal' then the promotion goes through without a hitch. I've tried this now on 4 different files and it hasn't failed yet. Conversely when I left the tone 'work hard' until my sim came home more often than not the promotion failed.

This is a good work-around the promotion bug for now anyway.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
I tried that last night and it worked for me, too. Once I saw the check mark, I switched to work normal.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2015, 03:57:46 PM »
I tried that last night and it worked for me, too. Once I saw the check mark, I switched to work normal.

I always do that so as not to stress my sim more than I have to. That might explain why she only loses progress if she's late to work.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »
Unfortunately, none of these solutions really apply to my game, although Marian's comment about getting to work late could be close, but I've had sims get to work late that haven't had this issue (in fact, 99% of the time my Sims are normally 15-30min late). I usually drop "work hard" to "normal" when I see the checkmark, since I don't see the point in pushing her when she has a slam-dunk. Also, there are times when "work hard" isn't even a factor because my Sim only needed like 2 RL minutes to gain the checkmark as they were so close to it originally (such as when the blasted promotion fails). Tjtemple did a test run with a Sim who had my Sim's same traits and hasn't had a problem getting promoted up to level 4, so it really does seem like this is a bug (I'm going to check whether there's a thread in the help section about this so others will know and I don't keep hijacking this thread). Thanks everyone for being so quick to help and try and find a solution, I'm just going to have to wait and hope the next patch undoes the damage!

Offline shashniae

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2015, 01:32:42 AM »
I was wondering if you can have your two Sims be spouses?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2015, 05:49:14 AM »
I was wondering if you can have your two Sims be spouses?

Yes, that's fine. I replied to your PM.

anything