Author Topic: Skill of the Week  (Read 46201 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Skill of the Week
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 06:07:22 AM »
General Challenge Rules Update:

Added one more ban for all of 2016 Tournament events:
All 13 Plumbob Reward Lamps (from owning Sims 3 base game and expansion packs).

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »
So I have been play testing this all day (we went to my uncle's for Christmas lunch and my cousin and I are both computer nerds lol) and in my test file, the career is bugged. I can't seem to get promoted even though all the requirements are ticked and she is in the correct mood and has no negative moodlets hanging around. This worries me, what if this happens in my scoring file... It's the first 2 promotions so far. Level 1 - level 2 I had her promotion requirements met 3 times before I finally gave up and testingcheat promoted her and with level 2 - level 3 it was the same thing... I know I need to ask permission in the challenge, but since this was just my test file I went ahead with the cheat. I just thought I should let you know that this might be an issue for some of us (or maybe just me since tech hates me lol)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 03:00:20 PM »
Is your other Sim off the lot when your career Sim returns home? I've had that same problem. Sending them home before the other Sim's work day ends seems to work.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2015, 08:33:32 PM »
With the writing skill and selling books but you can't get royalties, I'm assuming that means you can't self publish or sell to a publisher?? 

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2015, 09:43:45 PM »
I have done no travelling at all, if this was TS3 my sims would have the stir carzy moodlet by now lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »
@Magpie2012, I thought it was specifically tied to the other Sim being off lot, but today I've been practicing for the bodybuilder challenge and he's not getting promoted when his bar is full. I've even seen the checkmark disappear before he returns home despite his still being in the preferred mood and with no negative moodlets. He usually does get the promotion the next day, but that's not very helpful in a timed challenge! :)

@crstasse, correct. You can only sell the actual book from your Sim's inventory.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2015, 10:16:15 PM »
I didn't have that issue with my athlete but with the secret agent it is beyond frustrating. Everything is ticked, she's working hard, no negative moodlets, and then BAM, she's at home and the tick mark is gone and there's no promotion :-(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2015, 10:41:25 PM »
I wonder if "work hard" is somehow causing it.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2015, 07:30:19 AM »
Oh my word, I hope not :-( that's about the only way I play when it comes to careers!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
If I use "work hard" then sometimes if they get too tired or tense at the end of the work day then the promotion tick reverts back.  Is your tick yellow when you finish for the day?  If so, then I would think it's bugged :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2015, 08:45:20 AM »
I didn't have that issue with my athlete but with the secret agent it is beyond frustrating. Everything is ticked, she's working hard, no negative moodlets, and then BAM, she's at home and the tick mark is gone and there's no promotion :-(

I had this happen with my teen sim in a job. But as tjtemple says, sometimes "working hard" can create a tense moodlet. If it's a bug, hopefully it will be fixed in the January patch.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 01:01:00 AM »
I think it's a bug! It is now happening every single blessed promotion! Even when all her moodlets are positive at the end of the work day! I've tried working hard, taking risks AND working normal, towards the last few hours of her work day and nothing is helping! I really hope this is fixed in the January patch! I need to go onto EA AHQ and check whether it's been reported, and also go tag a SimGuru on Twitter! And maybe also ask Crinrict!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 01:40:49 AM »
I'm just starting a test run now. What promotion did the problem start with? Can you tell or PM me what traits you chose ?

Tracey

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 01:57:02 AM »
I just sent you a PM now. Didn't want to say the traits here because it could be considered strategy talk. It started with the 2nd promotion I believe, I got the 1st one ok from what I can recall, but after that it just won't promote her!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 08:10:53 AM »
I'm also doing a new practice on this one. I'll let you know if I have any issues.