Author Topic: Skill of the Week  (Read 46195 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Skill of the Week
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2016, 11:01:15 PM »
@Playalot, Just in case you didn't try this: Does hitting the "m" key and then cancelling travelling work? I've found that to be a quick fix for many minor ills.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2016, 11:54:21 PM »
*face palm* I never use the short cut keys so didn't even think of that! Cripes! Well..sim B is just unplayable for a while after he comes home each day but usually he feeds himself so that's ok. I just hope he doesn't start learning a skill I have 'earmarked' for later!! I'll try the 'm' key trick and see if that fixes him.

Side note, all my other files are playing beautifully after the reinstall.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dr Oddlust

• Nooboo
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2016, 02:17:03 AM »
Hi, I'm new to challenges (other than my legacy, but I just play that for myself), but I was lurking here and this one seems fun so I thought I'd have a go. Apologies if this is a stupid question, but are we meant to zero our household funds before we begin? And are we allowed to purchase any house or do we need to start from scratch and build from nothing?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2016, 02:45:26 AM »
No you do not need to zero your household funds. 
Yes you are allowed to purchase any house.
It's up to you, you can start and build from nothing or you can purchase a house.

Offline Dr Oddlust

• Nooboo
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2016, 04:05:12 AM »
Thank you, that's good news! I thought of another one--it says that the challenge ends on Feb 11th, but at what time in what time zone? I live in a weird time zone so it would be good to know.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2016, 04:38:47 AM »
@Dr Oddlust
It's your local time zone.  Doesn't matter where you live, just go by your local time - as long as you submit your score on this thread by Feb 11th your time, you're good.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2016, 04:45:44 AM »
Thank you, that's good news! I thought of another one--it says that the challenge ends on Feb 11th, but at what time in what time zone? I live in a weird time zone so it would be good to know.

Its always you own time zone.

That just means some start and end a bit earlier than others. But its way easier to remember.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dr Oddlust

• Nooboo
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2016, 01:44:22 PM »
Thanks LenaLJ and Nutella, that's really helpful  :)

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2016, 09:30:43 AM »
Alexa and Alyssa Money astounded not only their neighbors but also their Watcher by finishing with $690,610. They are otherwise knows as Lotta and Litta Money.

Typically I don't practice much (if at all) for these challenges). This one was different. I spent a TON of time practicing and even became nervous I had practiced so much before starting my game file that I might not finish. Consequently, I put my online college class on hold so need to get back on that today. LOL. I learned so much. However, I owe a HUGE thank you to Nutella. She should probably get some of my money to add on to her score because while I was practicing she answered several questions that were huge reasons for what I feel is a score I am proud of. Without her answers to questions I had I probably would have had a difficult time earning half of what my sims managed to accomplish.  However, I also have to say that there were so many ways I wanted to make money that I couldn't. At times I was frustrated during practice because of what I couldn't do but in the end I learned so much more!!! Nutella helped me several times with this. In the end I wound up finding skills I had never mastered or barely attempted that I am sure will now be a consistent part of my game.

Have fun to everyone still finishing!!!

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
I'm going to have to disqualify myself for this one. I accidentally kept skilling after the week had ended.

Quite annoying as tested so many times for this challenge - doh. Nevermind, I was never going to get far up the board, even on my best test it's far lower than most of the tallies posted.

Note to myself, do not play challenges when uber tired  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2016, 01:43:29 PM »
@Tigerskin, it's okay to keep getting more skill points after a week has ended. You just can't sell anything that resulted from those points. So I hope you haven't deleted your game because you're not disqualified as long as you didn't sell anything.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2016, 01:50:28 PM »
Hi MarianT, I did which is the problem. I was skilling and selling as I went.

I swear it was only Saturday but then it was Monday!

Maybe a glitch but who knows, I was tired.  Either way I'm ok with it. Think I burnt myself out on this one!

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2016, 07:00:43 AM »
Done! 596,327 points :D

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:11 AM »
Wynn A and Erna Fortune entered their golden years with 274,210 simoleans in household funds.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »
Great names!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.