Author Topic: Harvesting Issue, anyone have this?  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Harvesting Issue, anyone have this?
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »
I sent my Sim to harvest 6 specific plants in the garden and ONLY those six.  Instead she harvested the entire garden.  I did not click "harvest all" as there are plants, (deathflowers), she should not have in her inventory.  Has anyone had this issue?

Second issue:  My harvests are regularly appearing in my family inventory as opposed to the Sims personal inventory.  Anyone else having this issue?

Both issues are in the same file.  My cache files are regularly cleaned each day before game play.  I do not use cc or mods.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Harvesting Issue, anyone have this?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:46:57 AM »
I've had harvests appear in the family inventory when I move plants to the family inventory.  Have you done this? 

Not sure about the harvest vs. harvest all issue.  I haven't seen this, but also haven't played since the last patch.  In the past when I've used harvest all on my garden, deathflowers are not harvested with everything else.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »
I've had harvests appear in the family inventory when I move plants to the family inventory.  Have you done this? 

Not sure about the harvest vs. harvest all issue.  I haven't seen this, but also haven't played since the last patch.  In the past when I've used harvest all on my garden, deathflowers are not harvested with everything else.

When you put plants in your inventory, if you did not harvest them first, the game "harvests" them and puts both plants and fruits/vegs in the inventory separately.  So if you harvest them first then all you get in the inventory is the plants.

I usually harvest my deathflowers with the one person in my dynasty who makes all the ambrosia, and then harvest all the other stuff with a helper.  In the case of putting all the harvest in the family inventory, I had directed her to harvest only the herbs from Granite Falls as the other things weren't quite ready.  Instead, the entire garden got harvested and went immediately to family inventory instead of her backpack.  Never had that happen before.  This is a dynasty file and since I'm only at the first heir, it wasn't that big of a file, (I don't think), but more and more things are going weird with it since the patch.  The latest weirdness was having assorted buildings appear in Newcrest that I had never placed there.  All of them Maxis builds but I thought it strange.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 03:20:01 PM »
Wow Joria, your file is really doing some strange things.  :-\ I haven't played around with gardening since the patch/expansion pack but I'll give it a go today. I also haven't had random buildings just appearing in any of my worlds. That is just plain weird.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 04:59:54 AM »
Well I've been able to garden just as normal so that isn't particularly helpful in trying to figure out what has been going on with your file. And although there is a few mentions of this kind of bug on the bug thread I couldn't find any useful suggestions.

I did wonder if replanting your garden in brand new planters might help. If you kept a fruit from each plant, sold the plants and the planters and took it from there. I have no idea if this would work, just a guess.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 05:00:41 AM »
Wow Joria, your file is really doing some strange things.  :-\ I haven't played around with gardening since the patch/expansion pack but I'll give it a go today. I also haven't had random buildings just appearing in any of my worlds. That is just plain weird.

As it turns out, it's not just my file.  Crin just posted something about the queue dropping, weird actions with the bathroom, it's just getting dreadful.  I'm basically fighting every inch of the way.  There is absolutely no queueing with success.  People once again get up from eating and leave have finished food everywhere and then are starving.  Once again you cannot put food in the fridge.  So many things aren't working now it's getting really depressing.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 05:15:30 AM »
Oh it's totally not just you. I've been struck by the queue dropping and the toilet bug. New files are seemingly much less buggy than older files or files that were in play before the patch and before loading Get Together.

I was able to solve the queue dropping (albeit for now) by deleting all the toilets out of my sims house. I gave him the steel bladder reward, made him use the bathroom one last time and hit delete. Now I can stack interactions like normal and nothing is being cancelled.

I haven't struck the fridge glitch again, although because my sim hated the welcome wagon's cake he is now pulling a disgusted face at all food, even excellent quality food.

It seems as though this patch has brought back many of the 'old' bugs that previously were fixed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!! I'll wait a while before I buy this ep. These bugs sound dreadful!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 01:23:46 PM »
It's not just the EP, it's the last patch that started it all.  Although I am seriously considering uninstalling the EP!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!! I'll wait a while before I buy this ep. These bugs sound dreadful!

There are many people who I've chatted to who are having a ball with Get Together and have had no issues at all since the Dec patch. So please don't let what I've posted sway your decision. The Sims 4 has always been this way; some games are buggy and some are not buggy and just do not get any of the 'common' bugs what so ever. One of my on-line friends has only had two small bugs this entire time and both were fixed by repairing the game. Another has had absolutely no issues at all.

I haven't been as fortunate, I have to be honest. I usually experience most of the bugs at some time or another. Yet I have a good PC which I keep undated (video card, drivers etc etc). I clear out my cache files regularly and every now and then do a clean install.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 01:18:32 PM »
Play I discovered if you repair the EP itself and then do a repair game on the whole game thing, the issues, (so far), are gone.  At least in new files.  I haven't played an old one recently because I don't want to worry about problems cropping up.  I had removed the toilets but have had to put them back in because the bush gets all nasty and has to be replaced too frequently for it to be financially viable.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 02:17:10 PM »
Play I discovered if you repair the EP itself and then do a repair game on the whole game thing, the issues, (so far), are gone.  At least in new files.  I haven't played an old one recently because I don't want to worry about problems cropping up.  I had removed the toilets but have had to put them back in because the bush gets all nasty and has to be replaced too frequently for it to be financially viable.

My bushes clear up after a few sim hours. The green stink goes away. I almost fell out of my chair with that one. So far I'm not showing any problems with harvesting yet, but then I haven't gone into my Dynasty file since installing the new EP.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »
That's great news Joria.  :) I didn't even think about repairing individually! I must admit I haven't used the bush as a toilet yet, I saw it in a Let's Play and it grossed me out.  ::) I went with the Steel Bladder option but of course you can't do that with all your sims if you are doing a Rivals Dynasty.
*off to repair pack and game*

*edit, lol we must have posted at the same time Shannon! Good to know the bush cleans up, the stinky version is quite revolting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »
But it's funny to watch~~!  The Sim stands there a sec, checks around to see if anyone is watching, (even if someone is standing right next to them while outdoors),and then carefully part the bush and step in.  I haven't tried whoo hoo in one yet but I imagine that will be hilarious as well.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »
How do you repair individually? When I bring up my games on Origin, I don't see individual EP's/SP's, only the base game.