Author Topic: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Celebrity Chef)  (Read 52649 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Steamy Ginseng)
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »
I'm really enjoying your gameplay @Nutella
And reading your detailed strategies is so helpful!  Thanks so much for sharing.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2016, 08:37:51 PM »
Haven't forgot this dynasty.  Working on tournament challenges, will be back to this dynasty soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2016, 09:48:05 PM »
Nutella, you're just pure genius. This helps me so much! It's enjoyable to read, and so fascinating to see your strategy! I knew all these options were in the game, but never thought to exploit the features as much as you have! Amazing! I hope you'll start it up again soon!  :D
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:54 AM »
I've learn something new while working on the skill of the week challenge, which will help rival dynasty simmers.  Will definitely post the tips here after the challenge ends.

Oh yes, will return to this story soon.  Been bogged down by play testing challenges and plus also tax season ... I hate tax season.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (What I've Learned #1)
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2016, 01:02:36 PM »
What I've Learned #1

Painting is not the only big money maker in game, there are others.

Mansion Option

Painting - obvious choice, requires "marketable" and "creative visionary".  If you are going for portrait museum value, this is the best one.

Handiness - I love this skill.  Once you get to level 7, go to granite falls and learn the camping mascot blueprint.  The little tiny mascot is fast to make, and the value is more consistent than paintings.  Of course you will need "marketable", but you can skip "creative visionary". 

Cooking - cupcake machine / sell to local bakery.  Use the oven to level cooking, only use the cupcake machine to make money after you reach level 10.  You can make "baconing" a level 8 recipe, with "marketable" the price range is around $300-$800.  Cooking makes less money than all the other skills I list here, but I love the cooking skill because it is so easy to level.

Baking - cupcake machine / sell to local bakery.  You can use the oven or machine to level, not a huge difference in leveling speed.  At level 10, you can make "eclairs", with "marketable" trait the price range is around $1000-$1500.   Due to a bug, baking is very hard to level.  If you do choose baking, I suggest using the club baking perk.

Photography - ugh!  Now this skill makes a lot of money, if you can handle sitting there on your computer hitting the take photograph action and clicking "c" on your keyboard like a million times.  It takes very little game time, but a huge amount of real life time, is it worth it?  I don't think so, but others might say it is.  Sims 4 photography is also very dumb (unlike sims 3), the subject doesn't matter.  Remember back in sims 3 where you take a picture of the dragon cave and you get like a super valuable photo?  Well, in sims 4 taking a photo of beautiful scenery vs a photo of a plain floor = no difference.  If you just want money, open your inventory click on camera to take picture, then hit "c" to capture photo 5 times, rinse and repeat.  Each outstanding photo is about $20-30, so 5 photos can net you $150 - just keep repeating that and you will be a millionaire.  I feel like I have aged 10 years doing some test runs using photography to make money, so not worth it.  This skill absolutely ruins the game for me.

Retail Option

Same skills as mansion option above, because you will need the store to be worth $100,000.  You don't have to make money through retail, you can make money through painting and just transfer it to retail store when you are ready.  Although you need to work the retail store for retail perk points, but what you sell doesn't matter - you can sell literally anything, just need to sell and move the items so you can get perk points.

Alien Option

If you are worried about not having enough whim points for this option, don't worry.  Go level cooking or baking, seriously these 2 skills have so many whim wishes it's unbelievable.  Personally I like cooking because baking is harder to level.   Have your alien sim with the master chef aspiration active (important), so you can get a maximum of 3 cooking whim wishes (1 blue emotion one, and 2 white regular ones).  If you don't choose master chef aspiration, you will only get one blue cooking whim and one regular white cooking whim.  Choosing that aspiration allows for 2 regular white cooking whims.  You don't have to finish the master chef aspiration, just need to have that as the active aspiration.  Cancel all the non cooking whims, I manage to get 14,000 whim points in just 4 sim days.  It is that good.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2016, 01:14:26 PM »
I don't think I'd have the patience to spam photography so it would so not be worth it to me.  While that little mascot does net a lot of cash, again, time consuming and a bit of a bore.  For me it's cooking or baking, (or both) for the win!  Any of my Sims who ever cook anything always wind up with more whims that pretty much any other aspiration.  Love the cooking thing!  Plus, it helps a lot with parties to have a great cook already in house.  Thanks Nutella for sharing all those tips!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »
Mixology is also a pretty good money maker if you stick to making Prose N Pop or Amygdalight (sp??). It made more money for me than baking. Do Prose n Pop if you are trying to level the skill more quickly, since you need to be inspired. When the skill is level 10, switch to making Amygdalight which sells for just under $500 each.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »
Mixology is pretty good, but not as good as baking/cooking.  I make less money because mixology is not affected by marketable, the price is fixed.  With cooking/baking, marketable makes the price double or triple some times, and it only takes 20 mins to make the item.  Amydelight cost $100 to make, sells for $489, so your net profit is $389 for 20-25 mins of work.  With cooking, cost is $0 to make, sells for $800 on a good dish, that's $800 profit for 20 mins of work.  Baking is even more, $1500 net profit for 20 mins of work.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
I've been trying, and photography is tiresome.

Nutella, do you think you could copy your post to the Hints and Tips section?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2016, 12:26:19 AM »
This has been great, Nutella!  Love it!  I can't even seem to do the planning stage very well... keeps doing my head in XD

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2016, 01:54:01 AM »
I love this dynasty and we honestly all learn so much from you Nutella. As this is a dynasty/tutorial or tip style I am wondering if I could make a request? I really really really want to be able to start posting my dynasty that I have been working on for a few months. I bought Microsoft on my new computer just for my dynasty and spent most of the day working on writing and attempting to create pics. I have been able to download them onto Photo Bucket. I have read completely Pam's post regarding this. However, when I go to put this into my Word document it only shows the IMG URL and not the pic. Is there a way to incorporate that into this story or is it possible for someone to explain to this technologically learning disabled Simmer to post pics? Thank you for any and all help!!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2016, 09:05:08 AM »
I love this dynasty and we honestly all learn so much from you Nutella. As this is a dynasty/tutorial or tip style I am wondering if I could make a request? I really really really want to be able to start posting my dynasty that I have been working on for a few months. I bought Microsoft on my new computer just for my dynasty and spent most of the day working on writing and attempting to create pics. I have been able to download them onto Photo Bucket. I have read completely Pam's post regarding this. However, when I go to put this into my Word document it only shows the IMG URL and not the pic. Is there a way to incorporate that into this story or is it possible for someone to explain to this technologically learning disabled Simmer to post pics? Thank you for any and all help!!!

When you're ready to post a chapter, copy your chapter, along with the IMG URL for the pictures. Then paste it into your post. If you click on preview, you should be able to see your pictures. If everything shows up the way you want it, go ahead and post. I'd try to show you an example, except that my post would show the pictures. But rest assured, I don't actually see the pictures until I hit preview.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2016, 08:01:20 PM »
Note to myself as well as others:  Although the subtitle might give the impression that this is a good place for general discussion of the Rival Dynasties Challenge, it is actually Nutella's story. So please post general comments and tips in the "Tips and Hints" thread and questions in the Rival Dynasties Challenge thread.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2016, 03:00:00 PM »
@Joria

Agreed, that is why I did not use baking/cooking for my retail option.  Just selling items from buy mode is sufficient to make money and get the retail perk points.  Instead of having your helpers bake, it would be much faster to have your helpers use the time and sell to get perk points.

Unless someone really wants to run a bakery store for story telling, I see no advantages but plenty of disadvantages to running the store.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
I will get back to this dynasty, when I have some free time or when I get bored of challenges.  ::)

anything