Author Topic: Sharing photos on the forum & Etiquette (Please read)  (Read 17065 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Story Photos & Etiquette (Please read)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2015, 04:15:55 PM »
*Runs to check that out @KRae*

*edited: nope, must be a TS3 thing, mine are still png's and I use that img link too. It's cool. I can convert them easily enough using the program Carl suggested, I was just thinking about other ways to manage it all.  :) I've found that converted png's look a little darker and somewhat fuzzy but at the end of the day you can't really tell unless you're looking at a jpg and a png pic side by side.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2015, 06:29:01 PM »
Mine are the same as Plays. But the funny thing is some are jpg but most are png. But I just did the convert program and will do that from now on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 06:53:14 PM »
All my TS3 screenshots were .jpg, but when I started TS4, they became .png.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2015, 05:55:42 PM »
All my TS3 screenshots were .jpg, but when I started TS4, they became .png.

I never checked my TS3 pics.  Didn't take all that long to convert all the screenies I had, even with going in and redoing the pics posted in one of my stories.  I'll catch up on the other some day, maybe, but for now as soon as I have a screenie folder full I just convert before I upload it to my Mediafire.  Can't remember what my fee is but I have a terrabite of storage for it so no worries about lack of room!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2015, 12:04:20 AM »
I've recently started using imgur, due to frustration with photobucket.  Is there a way for me to upload as jpg, or will it only do png?  I really don't want to go back to photobucket if I don't have to.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2015, 12:27:22 AM »
I've recently started using imgur, due to frustration with photobucket.  Is there a way for me to upload as jpg, or will it only do png?  I really don't want to go back to photobucket if I don't have to.

@sone: Imgur accepts every common image format for the web (png, jpg, gif, gifv, etc.). So if your pictures are saved to your computer as JPGs, then they'll stay that way on Imgur.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2015, 12:36:07 AM »
@sone I don't use imgur, myself, but thinking of uploading/saving elsewhere, you generally have a 'save as' option or a file type option or something similar. If there is something like that in imgur, see if you can save/upload it as type .jpg rather than as type .png.

I had a quick look at the imgur help pages, but they didn't seem to give much assistance with regards to file types, however it does confirm that you can upload jpg files as well as png files. This article talks about editing images in imgur, maybe the save button there permits 'save as' as well. Note its comment that you can only do such edits on the desktop version, not the mobile or apps versions.

To be honest, I do editing work on my pictures in Microsoft Paint, which definitely does give the option of saving as .jpg, I then upload the images to my own website and take it from there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 04:01:15 PM »
Thanks, I will definitely try to do this when I post for now on.
Edit: It seems Ifranview does not want to work on my Mac.
It seems that photo bucket saves them as jpg. I will just continue using that, please correct me if I'm wrong about the jpg. thing.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »
@mpart

I searched on photo editors a couple weeks back and did find the one linked below that's for Mac.

PhotoScape -
http://www.photoscape.org/
http://x.photoscape.org/mac/

I don't use it, but figured it might be worth saying something about it, just in case you want to check it out.

I don't think Photobucket changes your file format for you. You have to edit the photo and then save it as a .jpg file then upload it to Photobucket.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »
@mpart

I searched on photo editors a couple weeks back and did find the one linked below that's for Mac.

PhotoScape -
http://www.photoscape.org/
http://x.photoscape.org/mac/

I don't use it, but figured it might be worth saying something about it, just in case you want to check it out.

I don't think Photobucket changes your file format for you. You have to edit the photo and then save it as a .jpg file then upload it to Photobucket.

MrsFlynn

Oh okay, thanks. it seems the files save as jpg when playing sims 3, but not when playing sims 4. Thank you Mrs.Flynn. :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
@mpart

You are correct, Sims 3 saves photos in .jpg format and Sims 4 saves photos in .png format.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2015, 10:32:10 PM »
Finally a solution to my many problems with posting pictures and stories! It's been bugging me for quite some time. A year now, in fact. It bothered me so much that my screenshots took a bit longer to load because of the sizes and the format, hence there have been fewer pictures uploaded. I had to stop with my storytelling for my main family coz I'm too embarrassed to post the large-file pictures. :( Though I still play them and kept my screenies. I personally don't have any problems regarding storing the pictures in my laptop, still have roughly 967GB of unused storage.

I did ask my ever "helpful" husband about a photo editor similar to one I had on my old laptop, and he was like "be careful what you download, ..viruses.. and blah blah". So he was no help after all.

It's so good of you to post this @Carl . Especially for the non-tech-savvy people like me.

Side Note: I've been using only the Microsoft Editor on my old laptop to resize pictures/pixels and it worked for me before. The files became smaller and easier to load. But this laptop I'm using now (with Window 8.1) doesn't have one. Is it not free? Or unavailable for this?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »
Hi Indira,

There should be a program on your computer that's called Paint. Click the Start button and search for the word Paint in the search box. It's a free photo editor that comes with Windows.

There is something similar to paint, called Paint.net it's a free photo editor that is based on Paint. http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

I'm still learning how to use it. But it might be something worth looking into.

MrsFlynn

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2015, 01:34:14 AM »
Gaaahh!! How come I never knew this before? I'm worse than a noob.  ;D
Thanks @MrsFlynn , I knew there is Paint, but I didn't know there was a button needed to be clicked to get into the editing part. Upper right, there is an arrow icon beside the help(?) icon. I could see there is a resize and cropping tool there. Oh man! Those many months I refrained from posting pics much. And it's this easy and already available. **facepalm**

At least now I have two tools I can use for editing screenies. I just hope photobucket fixes itself soon. It's not working right at the moment. Might have to look for other hosts.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2015, 01:44:32 AM »
I think a lot of people use imgur as opposed to photobucket due to the bandwidth limit on the free photobucket subscription. Maybe look in to that @Indira

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything