Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 231730 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #765 on: May 18, 2023, 05:13:34 PM »
I'm looking at doing a Rivals Dynasty challenge and I've got a few initial questions:
- Founders are created human, vampire or alien. Is Spellcaster deliberately not included in the list?

I don't think it was deliberate. MarianT might remember. This was her original Dynasty idea. Realm of Magic came out years after we initially posted this.

- Are the teen aspirations allowed for the heir unique aspirations?

Sure. Go for it.

- Is early age-up for Infants a possibility?

Thanks, team :)
[/quote]

Yes, that's fine.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #766 on: May 19, 2023, 01:54:56 AM »
I'm looking at doing a Rivals Dynasty challenge and I've got a few initial questions:
- Founders are created human, vampire or alien. Is Spellcaster deliberately not included in the list?

I don't think it was deliberate. MarianT might remember. This was her original Dynasty idea. Realm of Magic came out years after we initially posted this.

- Are the teen aspirations allowed for the heir unique aspirations?

Sure. Go for it.

- Is early age-up for Infants a possibility?

Thanks, team :)

Yes, that's fine.
[/quote]
Thanks  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #767 on: September 29, 2023, 08:25:52 PM »
Hello!

I’ve recently started this challenge, and I’m really enjoying it so far. I just have a couple of questions.

1. Since founders are only able to form a family club, does this mean club members are restricted to household members?

2. When an heir moves out, are there any rules surrounding how much money they can take with them? Similarly, if they move in one Sim but not that Sim’s entire household, are there restrictions on how much money they can bring in from that household?

Thanks in advance!  :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #768 on: July 05, 2024, 05:55:35 PM »
Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any plans to add werewolves as a bloodline.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #769 on: July 05, 2024, 06:53:03 PM »
Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any plans to add werewolves as a bloodline.

It does not seem like too much work to develop a few requirements. If you (or anyone else) would like to offer up three or four requirements for a werewolf bloodline option, I could discuss them at the next team meeting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #770 on: July 05, 2024, 09:16:23 PM »
I've been doing a deep-dive into the Werewolves pack lately for my Mishmash Legacy.

I can think of several feasible requirements right off the bat.
The founder/heir must:
*Aspirations x2: Complete (1) Werewolf Initiate plus one of three aspirations: (2) Lone Wolf, Emissary of the Collective, or Wildfang Renegade
*Werewolf Rank: Become an Apex Werewolf
*Werewolf Abilities: Earn at least 15 Werewolf Abilities, including the Immortal Wolf ability
*Wolf B-Gone: The founder and every heir must uncover the recipe Wolf B-Gone, which cures Lycanthropy

@GlazeyLady also created a Werewolf-based Big Dream for her Big Dreams Dynasty, so that could also provide useful reference for possible requirements.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #771 on: July 06, 2024, 03:40:18 PM »
Here's another possible requirement. My werewolf needed to find and read a lot of books to learn Wolf B-Gone, which cures lycanthropy.

*Wolf B-Gone: The founder and each heir must learn the Wolf B-Gone recipe.

(I added this to my previous post, too.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #772 on: July 06, 2024, 05:56:52 PM »
The tricky part is the museum collections. The other occults have specific collection items, but for werewolves there are the artifacts, Luna Fish, and Moonpetal flower.

Good suggestions, @oshizu. I hadn't played with werewolves until recently and I have to say the pack is really well done.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #773 on: July 06, 2024, 07:45:37 PM »
The tricky part is the museum collections. The other occults have specific collection items, but for werewolves there are the artifacts, Luna Fish, and Moonpetal flower.

Good suggestions, @oshizu. I hadn't played with werewolves until recently and I have to say the pack is really well done.

@reggikko
I completely forgot that there's a 12-item collection of Moonwood Relics that can be found by scavenging on the ground, exploring the underground tunnels, and checking pack resources.
So that would satisfy your "collections requirement," I believe. :D

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #774 on: July 06, 2024, 11:20:12 PM »
In my Big Dreams, my characters fished up a couple of the Moonwood Relics in the werewolf world. To be able to make any sense of them, (read the runes on them) it needed a werewolf, and neither of mine were a werewolf.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #775 on: July 08, 2024, 03:04:53 PM »
Based on the Vampire and Spellcaster bloodlines, I came up with the following:

1. The Founder and Heirs must complete Werewolf Initiate and one other Werewolf Aspiration.
2. The Founder and Heirs must purchase 15 Werewolf Abilities.
3. The Founder and Heirs must each complete the Moonwood Relics collection. Only the Founder may use relics as their unique museum collection.
4. The Founder and Heirs must contribute 2 portraits to the museum: one in human form and one in wolf form.

*Both parents must be werewolves before trying for baby.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #776 on: July 08, 2024, 03:21:30 PM »
Thank you so much, @reggikko. I was working on the update when you posted above. I will incorporate a combination of your and @oshizu's ideas. The new bloodline requirements will be done today. Just check the ruleset.

-----------

Done!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #777 on: July 08, 2024, 03:28:20 PM »
Thanks, Metro!

Is the Science baby option okay for married couples?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #778 on: July 08, 2024, 04:51:12 PM »
Thanks, Metro!

Is the Science baby option okay for married couples?

I think that's fine.