Author Topic: Show us your MOO Magic  (Read 10954 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Show us your MOO Magic
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »
I love how you've got those rocks in the bottom of the pond.  Now, this is really like a swimming pool that you mooed to look like a pond, right?  I think Grimsoul said if you put a fishing sign by it you can actually catch fish.  Have you tried it?  Anyway this is beautiful and who knows, maybe the artesian spring just has more pressure behind it than your hubbie knows. lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 05:10:05 PM »
@Joria  yes, I mooed it to look similar to a pond. There is this show on tv about a man who makes pools that are like part of the natural environment. That gave me the idea for this one. I might do that thing with the fishing sign. Do I need to use the buydebug cheat? I've only tried MOO and enlarging objects. I haven't tried other cheats so far...well...except for the money cheat too for my 'House-Testing Sim', otherwise she will be too poor to test out my castles and big homes. :D

I'd also like to make a cave for my sims. Your cave inspired me. I'm still in the process of thinking how to go about it. I want to incorporate a basement but I can't find the basement tool. Or maybe I'm just blind. I only got all my GP and SP when they went on discounted price a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't caught up on the how-to's of the new stuff yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 06:44:50 PM »
If you need to test houses you can use the free real estate cheat from the neighbourhood screen.

freerealestate on

You have done a marvelous job disguising the pool! It reminds me of the days before sims could go swimming trying to make a swimmable pond. I can't rememberr if it was sims 2 or 3. Anyway, you do need buydebug for the fishing signs. There are also fishing ponds in buydebug.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 07:08:43 PM »
@Joria  yes, I mooed it to look similar to a pond. There is this show on tv about a man who makes pools that are like part of the natural environment. That gave me the idea for this one. I might do that thing with the fishing sign. Do I need to use the buydebug cheat? I've only tried MOO and enlarging objects. I haven't tried other cheats so far...well...except for the money cheat too for my 'House-Testing Sim', otherwise she will be too poor to test out my castles and big homes. :D

I'd also like to make a cave for my sims. Your cave inspired me. I'm still in the process of thinking how to go about it. I want to incorporate a basement but I can't find the basement tool. Or maybe I'm just blind. I only got all my GP and SP when they went on discounted price a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't caught up on the how-to's of the new stuff yet.

Well, I was curious so went in game to find the basement tool.  Couldn't find it!  The way I've always done my basements is to simply page down when in build mode.  Then I use the wall tool to make my rooms.  So if it were me building a cave with a basement, I'd do the basement and stairs up first, then add the walls which you will ultimately remove so you have something for the "roof".  If you don't have the walls the game doesn't recognize that there needs to be a ceiling/roof and that's what you put your upper rocks on. Once you've got them in place you can remove the walls, which also removes the "ceiling" but the rocks that are mooed together stay put.  If you try to move the build on the lot though the rocks all shift.  I've actually got sort of an apocalypse type story growing in my head where you have this huge lot with a "cave" surrounded by wire fences, several layers of fence, and a lot of trees shrubs so you don't really see the 'cave' at first.  Non-violent protection from the hordes of starving, homeless Sims who want to take over your "bunker".  The bunker will be two lower levels of all modern stuff containing everything 8 Sims would need to survive till the world recovers from a several years long winter caused by ???? a super volcano blowing up?  nuclear war?  axis change?  Trying to figure out how to have plants grow underground at the moment.  It would cost a small fortune to build!

----------
My No Buy Story

Dellena

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 07:45:05 PM »
The basements are in with the walls.  Look for the wall tool where the walls look like they are bricked.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
@Joria that would be a story worth reading! :D I too have plenty of stories I'd fantasize about in my mind. But my problem is writing them all down! I get stuck somewhere and can't seem to put them in words that are comprehensible to the human brain.

The cave I'm envisioning would have cliffs and an underground river. And dank and gloomy. My head is still in the clouds. Gonna have to wait till I come(calm:D) down before I put everything down on paper and see which would be feasible. I'm still enjoying the 'dream". I will have to use the Outdoor Retreat for this to make it work, I'm guessing. Although, as much as possible, I prefer using just the base game.
Thanks @_Annika_ . I also miss those swimmable pond. If only there is a way to remove the "walls" of the pool or maybe change the color to green or murky brown or something that looks like dirt, then I won't have to use too many rocks. I love those rocks, truly. One thing I did discover, is that sims wont pass thru flowers or plants. I had to move around the plants a lot to make one or two passable entry into the pool without ruining the disguise as much as possible.

Thanks @Dellena , I will check that out and try it soon tonight.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 05:00:26 AM »
Working on my story and build and have been having a blast with the build.  This is the first basement level of a six level build.  There is a "moat" all around the perimeter of the lot so the windows in the basement can catch daylight as well as electrical lighting.  This is my swimming pool/fishing hole.

Night time shot.

Day time.

Fishing.

Success:

The fish leap and swim visibly but they also leap right out of the floor!  Mooed a lot to get those plants just right.  Used a combo of live, outdoor plants and potted and enlarged plants and enlarged rocks. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
That looks awesome, Joria! I didn't know you could put a fishing sign near a pool and have it become a fishing spot.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 08:39:33 PM »
That looks awesome, Joria! I didn't know you could put a fishing sign near a pool and have it become a fishing spot.

Actually, you can put a fishing sign in the middle of dirt or a pile of rocks and catch fish.  It's a riot.  No pool needed at all. lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »
Nothing fancy, My little one room starter house. Has everything my new sims needs. Fridge, stove, counter, bed, table, computer, TV, bookcase, toilet, shower, sink and trashcan contained in a 4x4 square and it all works. :) Finale cost is 6,646. Nice to drop down on empty lot for my new sim while he earns the money to start building a house.

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »
Took a couch and and used MOO to add some shelves around it to put some decor items on.
Just something simple but I like the looks of it.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 05:12:39 PM »
Very nice Grimsoul! Love how you place the tissue right there. Sim must be watching a lot of drama and sob movies. :D (or comedy...laughing too much and tearing up)

I like MOO magic..a lot. It really makes your house beautiful with just imagination as the limit. But lately, I've become leery of it. It's transferring plants all over the place, missing items too. I don't know if it's because the lot I used to transfer into was the one with the park. So few 50x50 lots.

Offline coolhandlukeboy

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 11:09:43 PM »
I posted this while sharing my creations, but I do like the Spa day mini light. If you place it just right, it will completely illuminate the object, while shrouding everything else in darkness. See as follows:

I also used MOO to move this tudor object that does not fit flush with the roof, and isn't supposed to have one. But it is the perfect size for a bay window-esque tudor theme, so I prefer it to actually using walls. I had to move it up carefully using MOO to create the low profile bay window effect while being able to use an actual roof:

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 12:45:51 AM »
That is so cool with the window. I might try that one. Thanks for this.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 09:00:31 PM »
I was messing around and doing a remodel on the Goth house and thought it would be nice to have more sitting in the kitchen instead of just the small dinning table that was there. But the short and long tables didn't look right. So I started playing around and put 4 of the short dining tables together. And gave sitting for 8 sims. It's nothing fancy with MOO but I thought it looked good. :)

I took 4 of the short dinning tables and rotated them 1 time from the previous table and just overlapped them.

Placing it in the kitchen I decided to do away with the candles and just use a bowl of fruit. But thought it looked good there.

I played around trying with other tables to see how it would look. Like the 4 coffee tables for the TV and 4 end tables with plants on them and a lamp in the middle of it.

anything