Author Topic: Show us your MOO Magic  (Read 10952 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Show us your MOO Magic
« on: October 14, 2015, 11:28:37 PM »
Show us your screenshots! I love seeing creative uses of objects to create new looks. Whether it be debug objects, MOO, or resizing and repurposing. Show us your screenshots.

Here are a few to get started:

Wishing Well with fountain piece and chimney piece

Entertainment Unit - kitchen cabinets, two coffee tables, tv and shelves to place ornaments on just below the top surface of the cabinets.
Also the turned around end table represents the sub woofer (I'd love to see separate large speakers to add to stereo systems)

Bigger outdoor setting and built in BBQ (still need to test that one for routing though)

A very much enlarged tea canister makes a great hot water system.

Our 'library unit' which basically became a desk with display case. I used a desk, medicine cabinet, a couple of kitchen cabinets and some picture frames

For a bit of "realism" I've added some of the objects to the build of my family home that you don't normally pay that much attention to, but they add to the completeness of it.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Show us your MOO Magic
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
Wow!  I so love what you've done with the different things.  Ok if I borrow the "water heater" idea?  It's great.  Imagine it in a steampunk design!

Here's what I've been working on for a child's play area.  There are hidden things amongst the flowers and the flowers themselves are piled one on top of another to get such a lush array.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
Yes of course! I love the play area. It reminds me a little of my in-law's 'fairy garden'. You can supersize all of the collectibles, too. I've used an unopened fossil on some builds as a slightly cheaper large rock when I've been scraping for cash, and the crystals make great landscaping for an alien landscape, kind of like Lunar Lakes.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »
Here's something I recently put together for my latest big build.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 01:25:22 AM »

My magic is mostly pretty simple really. I usually go with some decor that I feel should be included as the part of the objects (the shower soap). And also to fit in the tub and the rugs that wont be placed at that spot (it is only 3x5 room after all)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »
If you need to move a object down that doesn't allow you to move it down say like a fountain or mirror what do you do. You put it in the basement and move it up instead.

Say you put a fountain in your yard but you wish it was shorter, like this fountain

Use the basement tool to make a wall as a reference to go by, in this case I put the wall in the center of the fountain.

Now grab the fountain and move it down to the basement holding it in the center of the wall so it will be placed where you want it at.

Now use ctrl-9 to move the fountain up. In this case you can use the wall for a reference. The top of the wall is ground level.

Now when you go back up to ground level the fountain is where you wanted it at but it seems shorter sense part of it is in the ground.

You can now go back down and delete the wall in the basement you had for  a reference.

Items you want to place higher are a little tougher and takes a little trail and error to get just right.
Like this mirror above the dresser. You want this mirror on top of the dresser but you can't move mirror down farther than the starting height but you can move it up.

So it's back to the basement again. Make a reference wall in the basement under the wall with the mirror then grab the mirror and page down to the basement.

Now for the trail and error part. Sense the mirror is going above the ground you can't use the top of the wall for a reference sense the mirror will be above the wall. Use ctrl-9 to move the mirror up counting how many times you moved it. Click to place the mirror and go back up to see where it is. If it's to high or to low you have to try it again adjusting your count.

In this case to get the mirror on top of the dresser I move it up 25 times. If the wall had been on a foundation I would have to move it up more to allow for the height of the foundation

Now to get rid of the wall in the basement you can't just delete it this time sense the game sees the mirror as being on that wall. If you just select the wall the delete it, it will also delete the mirror. But if you select the wall and use the move arrows to collapse the wall it will get rid of the wall and leave the mirror in place.

This can be used for some interesting looks. If your making a spooky house then put a doll in the basement and make it life size then move it up so just the head is showing at ground level. Then you have a severed head in your yard. :D

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 04:12:04 PM »
This is really nice! Thanks Grimsoul! The mirror trick is certainly one that I would use later on. I always thought that mirror placing in SIms 4 is awkward, though I lived with it. But now that I've started been using moo, I might as well continue using it. By the way, can we use moo to move sideways too? I only know '0' and '9' to move up and down.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »
Does it affect how a sim uses the mirror? Or is it purely decoration by the time you are finished placing the mirror? I love the idea though! I've had that problem myself.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 05:10:03 PM »
@_Annika_  After the mirror is moved this way it's kind of strange if you have your sim try to use it. Sense as far as the game is concerned the mirror is in the basement. If there is a set of stairs go down to the basement where the mirror is they will go down there and use it. If there is no way to get down there they can't use it and will do the animation that they can't reach the mirror.

@Indira Moving sideways I haven't ran across anything that I could just drag around with the mouse. And holding the ALT key will let you move it freely without it snapping to the grid. Except for things that have to be placed on the grid like windows and doors. But windows can be dragged freely up and down with the mouse just not freely sideways.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »
Grimsoul only you would think of using a doll to make a severed head on the lawn.  Too funny. Thanks for posting the basement how to.  I'm definitely going to try a few things with that technique.

Meanwhile, my dynasty Sims were thinking of having a Halloween Party, (which they never did because I got lazy), so they had their Watcher put together a party spot around a campfire.  Used a lot of enlarging items and moo to make things, "cozy".

Not sure which I like better, the ghost gnome or the grim reaper gnome.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »
Joria, Yeah I know I can be a little twisted some times can't I. :)
I like you party yard and it did give me an idea. How about the grim reaper rising from the fire. ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 01:41:27 PM »
Way cool, Grim!!  I really have to try that technique.  I used moo a lot in my latest build, not to mention enlarging the tree I used.  I think I clicked on it 5 times to get it tall enough.  Used your bit on my kitchen counters as well, you know, making that kind of curve where they meet at an angle. Next try is going to be a cave house enlarging and piling rocks.  Should be a fun challenge.

Here's the Cave:

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »
I love it! What an awesome idea!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »
Thank you, Annika.  I'm afraid by stories are suffering due to my fascination with building again.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »
I love making pools/ponds and anything that has a body of water to it. Hence, it is the first that experiences moo. I made it look as natural as I can make it in Sims 4. I added a spring that literally spews out water. I jokingly told my husband that the spring has a lot of pressure...he replied that it's not really feasible because of depth of water and aaahhh..physics stuff. He's too serious! It looks great anyway. :D

anything