Author Topic: Large Save Crash  (Read 1881 times)

Offline velham6

• Nooboo
Large Save Crash
« on: October 13, 2015, 11:48:35 AM »
Has anyone else experienced a crash caused by a save file being too large? My game crashes so often that it's been rendered unplayable - just the one save...my primary that I started September 2014. The problems began shortly after installing Spooky Stuff, though I doubt that the pack itself is the issue.

Most crashes happen when Sims try to travel, when I try to save anything (eg., a lot to my library, a new save file), when launching, and other random "The Sims 4 has stopped working" crashes. I play a lot of households rotationally; almost all are descendant from my the Sim I created on the first day (the multiple birth glitch resulted in large families). I have all packs, no cc, no mods, and my save file is over 75K KB. The problem is not insufficient computer memory (DxDiag available).

I have a query in to the Sims 4 Forum and on the EA Help site but have yet to try a fix that works. I have created a new game (now only about 4K KB) and it works fine, but I fear as my save grows I'll experience the same problem. I do have files (a .zip copy of my save, a DxDiag) saved on Dropbox - if anyone wants to take a gander, I can provide the link.

Thank you in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Large Save Crash
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 03:00:42 PM »
I have experienced crashing due to large save files, and saved games that I've played for a long time. Large game saves are known to have issues. Plus the longer you play a saved game the more issues you will have.

I don't think there is a fix for it, that I know of. You can try a Save As and a factory reset - if you haven't tried that before to see if that helps. But other than that, there may not be much that can be done. :(

However, you can try the tips listed in this thread to see if any help.

Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg408903.html#msg408903

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline velham6

• Nooboo
Re: Large Save Crash
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »
Thank you. I have not yet tried clearing the Origin cache, so I may try that when I get home.

Much appreciated.