Author Topic: Moving a household and lot from a Saved Game to another?  (Read 19059 times)

Offline Leeveey

• Nooboo
Moving a household and lot from a Saved Game to another?
« on: October 02, 2015, 01:13:01 PM »
Greetings!  :)

I have been playing 2 games on my Sims 4, and I finally feel confident enough to manage different households in a game, but I wanted to muve a sim couple from my save A, to the save B.

What I did:
1. I saved to My Library the household from A.
2. I saved to My Library the lot from A.
3. I put them on B.

Everything was nice, didn't care that inventory was lost (most of it was already decoration) and I was happy until I found out that all their paintings didn't show whom their painters were. I tried "make a copy" of the painting, but it wouldn't show up the painter. And the emotional paintings won't show me the enable/disable aura.

Here are my questions:
a. Is there anyway that I can move both the household and lot from one Save to another and respect the crafted stuff's sims-creators?
b. Is there a way that I can manipulate the paintings and put my sims' as their authors?

Thanks a lot!  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Moving a household and lot from a Saved Game to another?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »
I haven't tried this myself, but maybe if you put the paintings in the sim's personal inventory when you move, they would keep their information?

As for b., I think once the information is gone, it's gone.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »
Items in a sims inventory will not 'save' into the Gallery. So really, the only way to move a household from one game file to another is exactly how you did it Leeveey.
As for showing who did the paintings...well, the funny thing is that sometimes a few of the paintings will show who painted them even across a upload and download from the Gallery but most times it doesn't. If there is a reliable way of making this happen every time I haven't found it. I recently downloaded a spooky house from the Gallery that someone else had made and it showed the cook from a bowl of chilli, the mixer of 3 of the drinks and the painter of only one of the many paintings... it seems completely random.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Leeveey

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »
@MarianT thank you! :) Well, as far as I know, the inventory will be lost when you download for the Library or Gallery a household :( Thanks for your kind reply!

@Playalot hmm... makes me want to try and load multiple times the lot until all or most of the paintings show their painters XD What I still don't understand is why the emotional paintings won't show the ebale/disable aura option... Thanks for your kind reply!

anything