Author Topic: The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff  (Read 14251 times)

Offline Tamrynn

• Nooboo
The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
The Sims official announcement: http://www.thesims.com/news/spooky-stuff-pack

This stuff pack is set to release September 29th.
I'm actually really excited about this stuff pack.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and this stuff pack should have tons of stuff to deck out my sims' homes.  Unfortunately we can't view the specific items yet because it doesn't show up in game.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:43:37 PM »
You can also view a trailer for Spooky Stuff. Looks like it might be interesting.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »
Heh, I was just coming to make a thread about this, but you beat me to the punch.  Thanks Tamrynn.

Sims 4 Spooky Stuff is indeed coming out.  Here is the official announcement:
(Source:  The Sims.Com)

Scare Up Some Fun in The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Coming Soon. Your Sims are in for a scream

September 23 by SimGuruGraham 

Your Sims are in for a scream

Double, trouble boils below;
 Tombstones smoke and caldrons glow.
 Tempt the Spooky Candy Bowl,
 Carve a Pumpkin for passed souls!

In other words, we’re happy to announce that The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff* is coming on September 29, and comes with the stuff you need to plan and execute the perfect Spooky Party.

The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff: Official Trailer (Thanks grimsoul!)

Transform your Sim’s home with ghoulishly fun decorations, including creepy paintings, spider webs, and all manner of tattered furniture. Want to temporarily (or… permanently) turn your Sim’s home into a creepy house of horrors? Go for it.

The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff includes two new gameplay objects: the mischievous Spooky Candy Bowl and a new Pumpkin Carving Station. Your Sims can make festive works of carved art, creating the jack-o-lantern of their dreams. And once they’re done, Ghost Sims can take a candle-lit pumpkin, put it on their head, and haunt up the night!

If you’re looking to throw a Spooky Party (a new type of party in The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff), you can do just that. Besides being able to decorate your Sim’s home with the new objects to set the eerie mood, there are also three new ghoulish recipes: an Eyeball Cheese Plate, Zombie Cake, and Spooky Cookies. You can even ask other Sims for party treats (though don’t be surprised if they play a trick on your Sim instead).

A variety of new costumes are also available to help make your party stand out, from Pirates and Ninjas to Super Llamas and Fairies, there are a bunch of great outfits for Sims young and old. Of course, these costumes aren’t restricted to use at Spooky Parties, either – if you want to dress your Sim like a Witch year-round, you can totally do that.

The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff releases worldwide on September 30 – are you excited to throw a party that everyone will be dying to attend?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »
SimGuruGraham also did a bit of Q&A on his twitter.  I will recap some of the more important confirmations (copied)

(Source:  SimGuruGraham Twitter)

*  As a Stuff Pack, the cost will be $10 US.

*  There's no new skill in Spooky Stuff. New gameplay includes pumpkins, spooky candy bowl, new party interactions, + a bit more.

*  No trick or treating in Spooky Stuff, but Sims can ask for treats at spooky parties, and may end up getting pranked instead.  (Note:  Trick or Treating in previous iterations of the Sims often appeared in Expansion packs)

*  Happy to share more - fun things like three new recipes, paintings that change if you watch them...

*  ...ghosts with pumpkin heads, tombstones that emit ground cover fog, Sims sharing treats with each other...

*  If your Sim has high handiness skill & creates a masterwork level pumpkin, the pumpkin is infused with the Sim's emotion...

*  For those asking, you'll be able to click on your Sim and select the costume you want them to wear during a Spooky Party.

*  Pumpkins aren't a new harvestable. The new recipes include Spooky Cookies, Cheese Eyeballs, and a Zombie Cake (it's the best!)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 10:38:57 PM »
Well, at least I like some of the costumes.

I'm getting back into the swing of things after a death in my family, but will be back at it next week to get the last stuff pack covered and also update the news! Guess I'm not too surprised this one's coming so soon. This is, after all, our replacement for having a Sims store and I actually like that.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 09:49:38 AM »
Hm, very disappointed. I'm gonna have to pass on this one, I don't know what I'd do with any of that stuff, looks cool though.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 10:27:34 AM »
Hm, very disappointed. I'm gonna have to pass on this one, I don't know what I'd do with any of that stuff, looks cool though.
That's a fair enough assessment.  I will probably get it for the costumes if nothing else.  I know that if they bring back the Seasons pack and holidays (like they had in Sims 3), then this will be a good fit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 11:16:59 AM »
Well, at least I like some of the costumes.

I'm getting back into the swing of things after a death in my family, but will be back at it next week to get the last stuff pack covered and also update the news! Guess I'm not too surprised this one's coming so soon. This is, after all, our replacement for having a Sims store and I actually like that.

I'm so sorry to hear that Carl. I understand as we had a death the end of August. It takes a while.

Yes I agree some of the costumes are nice but I remember how I felt about the costumes in the TS3 store before we got Supernatural.  i.e.  you could dress a Sim up like a fairy but every thing else was pretend and it broke the immersion for me so I don't know if I will pass on this one or not.

I just hope the culling gets fixed so that this pack can be used to build a really haunted house or cemetery and the ghosts don't disappear.  That could make a difference for me.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 12:40:20 PM »
Since my country didn't celebrate Halloween (Thanksgiving and St. Patrick included). I never feel the need to make my sim celebrate one too so I can say for sure this one is on the last priority to buy to complete the collection.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »
That's a fair enough assessment.  I will probably get it for the costumes if nothing else.  I know that if they bring back the Seasons pack and holidays (like they had in Sims 3), then this will be a good fit.

I agree. That's what everyone on the official forums are saying. I feel like this content would've been great if added to a Seasons EP.

I just hope our new patch fixes culling, my neighbors are dropping like flies and my sims' girlfriend and son were culled. :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »

I agree. That's what everyone on the official forums are saying. I feel like this content would've been great if added to a Seasons EP.

I just hope our new patch fixes culling, my neighbors are dropping like flies and my sims' girlfriend and son were culled. :(

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with culling. I avoid it by putting any sims I want to keep around into houses.

As for people being disappointed that the Halloween stuff didn't come with a Seasons expansion pack, I'm very glad that I don't have to wait for Seasons to have my sims carve pumpkins. It took 3 years for Seasons to come in TS3, and I think it was one of the later packs in TS2 as well. Also, I used to live in the South where the trees didn't necessarily come out in their fall colors. It doesn't bother me that Willow Creek is still summer-green. As for Oasis Springs, deserts look pretty much the same except after a rainstorm when the flowers bloom
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »
On note on Seasons Expansion, I actually enjoy playing with all different 4 seasons, even though i live in a tropical country. I for one also sad that they took a part of an expansion (ice cream maker, spooky party and pumpkin carving) to be their own stuff pack. At least I am glad that we get to buy it SOONER rather they make incomplete EP or GP first and try to sell something that could really belong i respective packs soon after (remember the greenhouse store content in sims 3?)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »
@MarianT  I know the "homing" of Sims is supposed to fix the problem but it doesn't always.  I've had Sims with a home disappear and I no longer try to develop relationships with townies because they may or may not be there the next day. 

While that can be a problem my main issue is the culling of ghosts. It seems the most rampant culling started for me after the major patch that was released around the time of GTW. I had spent hours building a haunted house and landscaping a family plot in the back yard. Then there were more hours spent filling the plot so the house could be haunted.  I wasn't trying for playable ghosts. I just wanted a haunted house.

This last is the reason I'm so split on Spooky Stuff. It looks like it could be a nice pack but the culling of ghosts, well.  Yes I know there are mods but for me it's the principle of it all.  It really should be fixed.

Offline Tamrynn

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 11:36:56 AM »
I agree the culling could be really annoying.  I handle it through manual culling that way I know none of the sims I care about are going to disappear.  I do it once every two weeks or so in game and haven't seen any issues handling it that way.  Granted I play less populated games so this may not work well for other play styles.  It would be really nice for them to fix that issue though.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 03:56:36 PM »
I swore I was going to buy every pack, however, I did not buy the kitchen stuff. It looked unappealing to me. This spooky pack looks fun to me though. Holiday stuff is great. Looking forward to Christmas!  Yay!