Author Topic: Place room removes stairs  (Read 3200 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Place room removes stairs
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:27:45 AM »
Can anyone tell my why when I place a room on the same floor as the top of the stairs, the stairs get removed, and are not compatible with said room. The room is nowhere near the stairs. I can place it anywhere on the lot and it removes my stairs - ground floor to 1st floor. The second set of stairs remain, from 1st to 2nd floor. It also does not like roofs on this particular section telling me that it needs to be on an even surface (like how? There's no terrain sculpting).

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Place room removes stairs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:46:30 AM »
Is it on a pre-built house or something you have built? Is it just one style of stairs or all stairs? Could you post a screenshot to show what you are trying to do? Trying to re-create the problem, but so far, it's letting me place rooms  without removing the stairs.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:34:29 AM »
It's something I have built. I don't have an image hosting service since the forum one was phased out. In the end I did get it to work, however once I moved a sim in, the stairs disappeared again. I think it has to do with the room above the stairs (which is basically just a semi-circle floor/flat roof). Just to top it off, I can't have it raised a little from the ground, my sim will not go up the single step into the round room. Plus, the 2nd story room is a small circle, and she can go UP the stairs, but not down :( I have not used any MOO, and it is the same style of stairs. I think I'm going to have to go from the ground up and redo the positioning of the rooms.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »
for image posting try dropshots (free, i use it for my stories here)

I have problems with stairs and putting away floors and wall to get access to stairs, the game behaviour is quite weird in that. Nothing obvious at all when you start to try to make "duplex" with stairs and i didn't find the right procedure yet. Sometimes it works sometimes i just can't get it, put me the stair away or put me the floor back.