Author Topic: Six Years  (Read 5048 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Six Years
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:04:58 PM »
On August 31, the Forum hit the 6-year anniversary, but I forgot to note it due to a death and major changes in the family that I'm working through (hence me not being here much at all this past month). But I have plenty to be thankful about in seeing this site continue to be popular among the Sims community. Many friendships have been made here this past 6 years, and I'm glad that some of our oldest members are still around. That's a sign to me that we must be doing something right. :-X I was glad to get to turn ads off for all members this year, and it's a move I'm sure lurkers are pleased with.

I'm ever grateful to our staff and the help of Pam and Metro to keep the site going when I'm not able. Pam's departure as Forum manager has changed the place quite a bit, because she was always present on the boards (15k posts to those unfamiliar :o), welcoming to new members, trying to help them when she could. She's left a void I hope to one day fill, whenever it's the right time. Metro and the challenge team continue to provide an unique experience via the tournament, and it's something we are proud of around here. Thank you to all of them for their hard work. A lot goes on behind the scenes that improves each competition, and it's a lot more work than you might think. I am happy to host the platform for each event that helps people to get more enjoyment out of the game, and hope they'll continue on with it throughout the Sims 4's lifespan.

In the next year, we have a lot more work to do on the guide, Expansions aside. I think they've changed some things since I published certain pages (particularly in regards to the earnings) and need to make quite a lot of edits now that I'm behind.  People's comments on guide pages have definitely improved it and I'm glad I finally took the time to put them in.

Though the Sims 4 launch didn't seem to do very well and some people are still reluctant to take it on, I'm glad the site continues forward and know we'll see new and returning members in coming months. The game getting more content, period, is what always attracts people to a new Sims title. It is hard to leave all the gameplay the past title offers behind, after all. But the community has made it another year together and I am thankful to those of you who didn't leave us behind. Happy birthday, Forum!  ;D

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Six Years
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 06:10:23 AM »
Happy Birthday Forum ! I do appreciate all the hard work the team does for us . I have no idea what I'd without their help . My day wouldn't be complete without a visit here . Cheers ! :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:48:38 AM »
Happy birthday forum! I wouldn't know what to do without your help, either! This is a wonderful community, and I'm so glad to be a part of it!  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 08:34:09 AM »
Happy birthday to the forum. Carl, it's hard to believe how fast those six years have past us by isn't it? My oldest daughter is about to turn 20 and is in her 2nd year of community college - so at the time when I made my first post on the Sims 3 forum she had just started high school. When I think about it in terms of that - wow...seems like a different lifetime practically.

This is such an absolutely wonderful community. It has been a blessing in my life because to be honest I am not a very social person by nature - I do not have many friends, so Carl, Pam, the Challenge Team, and everyone else - you guys are who I stay in contact with every day. You are my friends and what awesome friends you all have become.

You changed my life by starting this community, Carl. Thank you, my good friend.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »
I teared up reading people's posts. Carl, thanks so much for starting this forum. The Guide is a help, but the forum is where I live. Happy birthday to us all!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
Happy Birthday Forum! Thanks, Carl, for starting this wonderful home away from home! I was never much for forums after seeing all the nastiness that could happen, but in the 3 years I've been a member I can honestly say I have NEVER encountered a nasty person on this site! We have some of the most awesim people in the community here and I hope to be a member for many more years to come! <3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
Wow, 6 years, this forum is older than my younger son!  Many, many thanks to you Carl for starting it, and to Pam, Metro and all the Moderators and Challenge team members.  You lot are awesome.   ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »
Weird how time has flied. Thanks to everyone for making this a great place.

I'm honored to have been here for three years.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 07:01:15 PM »
Happy Birthday, Forum! You've been a home away from home for me! This forum is awesome!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 03:59:12 AM »
Happy birthday forum and here's to the next six years! Thank you so much Carl for all the work you do and for making this forum possible.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 05:45:03 AM »
[...] in the 3 years I've been a member I can honestly say I have NEVER encountered a nasty person on this site!

We're doing our job then. :P

Happy birthday forum! Same as Tom, I'm not the most social person in the world, so it's great to have somewhere I can make friends as well.

In honour of the forum, I'd like to propose a toast. To the forum!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 07:18:20 AM »
I have been one of the lucky ones to see how this forum has grown and thrived this  past six years.  I use to go to the forum on the official site, but posts get lost in a sea of comments.  Thank you Carl for building this forum.  Thank you metro and your team for the challenges that keep it fun and alive.  And Pam, I hope things get better and we see you on here more and thank you for keeping the forum in line. so happy birthday Carl's Sims4 Guide.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 10:38:07 AM »
Happy Birthday forum. I remember when I started playing The Sims 3 and searching for a good source of info. I tried several different sites before running across this one and I knew my search was over and it still is the best site for info on the sims.
Thanks to every one that makes this community feel like a family home.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 11:22:39 AM »
I started playing TS3 in late 2010 on the PS3, and discovered your wonderful guide and forum. It was this site that got me to switch to the pc version which I have never regretted. I'm a social introvert which means that while I enjoy interaction, it drains me quickly. This is a wonderful place to feel accepted by people who share the same interests and are always kind.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 03:27:54 PM »
So great to read how much this place means to all of you. I will hit the ten year mark as a webmaster in October, but our community is the most important thing I've done in this role so that day will pass me by without major significance. We are seeing real growth since June so I'm confident the discussion will continue on here for years to come. I'll one day get to celebrate hosting and being part of this great community for ten years, and that will mean so much more :)

anything