Author Topic: Painting Decors  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Darcoria

• Nooboo
Painting Decors
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
Hey,
I'm sure there are people here who have used the paint from reference option that shows up on the easel. Personally I really love it because unlike in the sims 3 they don't have to just stand there but can interact with things.
It felt a bit like the photograpy skill, so I tried making a few "decors" that can be used as a background, only problem is that I quickly ran out ouf ideas.
I was hoping people had some suggestion to improve or to create different ones.

The decors I have are a wedding area and dining room.
Notice: My graphic card isn't really good so it's set on laptop modus, so images may not be that great
The wedding area:

A bench can be placed inbetween the flowers so that the sims don't walk away.

Dining room:

I have an extra room in wich I have had them pose in different clothing (either on the bench or at the table)

Only other 'decor' I have used was a bar to let them do bar tricks infront of the painter.

Any suggestion is welcome and thanks for your time to view this!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Painting Decors
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:52:10 AM »
What an excellent idea! I put a bench near the easel to get sims to sit there, but it never occurred to me to set up a backdrop.

The steamboat in Magnolia Promenade is stationary; you might be able to set up an easel in a place where you can get it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 12:33:48 PM »
This is personally one of my favorite things about the painting skill.

One thing I like to do is take the paintings/wall decals that come with the game and use them as backgrounds, sizing them up if I need to. Try looking through the objects that come with the game, such as the toys and sculptures, and remember that you can size them up if you need to.

If you want to use bb.enablefreebuild than you can also work on other lots. The hidden lots and Sixam would all make gorgeous backdrops.

Offline Darcoria

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 01:41:01 PM »
@MarianT I hadn't realised the steamboat is stationary >//> Thanks for the tip!

@officialghosts I had tried resizing some objects, but they end up looking so weird that I would rathe not use them. Although some paintings do turn out okay. Maybe a stupid question, (seeing I don't have any of the hidden lots unlocked yet in this game) but do you just have to "plop" an easel there?  Is it then also posible to put an easel next to that big tree (the one that's the entrance to one of the hidden lots... Sorry for being vague)

I tried making one for two different skills.
But to me they don't really seem better than using a room that you already have in use.
(Maybe just some slight positioning differently done but that's it really?)

So far I haven't really found anything to make portraits of the children specifically :(

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:17:46 PM »
@Darcoria I believe on multple of the hidden places there are lots you can build on. I dont think there's a lot close enough to the tree to really use it as a background.

Another option I just remembered, however, is buydebug. You can find the tree (and many other cool things) in there, I believe.

Offline Darcoria

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
In case someone is interested. After looking around on the internet a bit I found this

http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.nl/2015/05/create-your-own-custom-paintings-in.html

The big idea behind it is that you create paintings with (parts) of items on it so to create more personal decor.
I thought I should share it >.>

Edit: Thanks Marian!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 04:51:21 PM »
Darcoria, we usually don't use spoilers. Simplyruthless is a fairly well-known builder, and her website doesn't have any content that we wouldn't allow. The info you linked to is quite useful, so I took the spoiler off. But I do appreciate your being concerned. Sometimes people link to something that is fine itself, but it's on a site with other material that isn't.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything