Author Topic: Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen  (Read 28502 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man
« on: Today at 09:56:49 AM »I have lost count on the number of inquiries the team has received in the last five days concerning emotions in this event. Putting things in place to avoid exploits is making the rules to complicated. So, emotions are no longer a scoring component at all.

So does this mean that the Gloomy, Hot-Headed and Loner traits are no longer banned? As I'm guessing that the reason for the ban on those traits in the first place was because they trigger the sad, angry and tense emotions at random. But with emotions out of the picture now, I'm not sure I see a reason for that ban not to be lifted.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man
« on: Today at 09:56:49 AM »I have lost count on the number of inquiries the team has received in the last five days concerning emotions in this event. Putting things in place to avoid exploits is making the rules to complicated. So, emotions are no longer a scoring component at all.

So does this mean that the Gloomy, Hot-Headed and Loner traits are no longer banned? As I'm guessing that the reason for the ban on those traits in the first place was because they trigger the sad, angry and tense emotions at random. But with emotions out of the picture now, I'm not sure I see a reason for that ban not to be lifted.

Ah, yes, thank you - no need for those bans anymore.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
Rainbow Dash - the answer to your last post (today's which I deleted)  is "yes."

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 03:07:00 AM »
I have lost count on the number of inquiries the team has received in the last five days concerning emotions in this event. Putting things in place to avoid exploits is making the rules to complicated. So, emotions are no longer a scoring component at all. I want to single out team member Marian and say thank you for the original idea for the negative emotions. I think we all loved it and it fit with the theme, but perhaps this will be easier now - I hope. Hehe.

Could we have more details on this, that now negative emotions are removed from the challenge?

Marian was genius, keeping a balance between skilling and generating/canceling bad moodlets was really innovative and for the few i tested very exiting.
Any more shared info would be really appreciated as i could figure out better what's went wrong and so try it again.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 06:18:46 AM »
I have lost count on the number of inquiries the team has received in the last five days concerning emotions in this event. Putting things in place to avoid exploits is making the rules to complicated. So, emotions are no longer a scoring component at all. I want to single out team member Marian and say thank you for the original idea for the negative emotions. I think we all loved it and it fit with the theme, but perhaps this will be easier now - I hope. Hehe.

Could we have more details on this, that now negative emotions are removed from the challenge?

It was just getting to be a headache covering all the possible exploits where someone could easily just ramp up their score by doing certain things. It's done. No more negative emotions in the score. What else needs to be discussed?

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 06:52:55 AM »
To know what were these exploits precisely.
I got the use of the bed, but it seems it's not the only one.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 07:03:04 AM »
Posted by: fivine
« on: Today at 06:52:55 AM »To know what were these exploits precisely.
I got the use of the bed, but it seems it's not the only one.

I think what Metro is trying to say is that the Challenge Team do not want to list all the possible exploits regarding emotions that would have to be banned. Because there are just too many of them to keep track of and doing so would make things overly complicated for everyone. :( If a Challenge has too many rules and bans then it stops being fun and just becomes a headache, for both the Challenge Team and the Players.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 07:52:07 AM »
I'm just asking to share infos nothing more.
I enjoy doing it myself.

Now i can understand it's off-topic since there is no more emotion, and the team is overwhelmed on this subject.
Fine for me.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 08:05:59 AM »
Added the following....

• Intentionally killing any Sim is not allowed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
Rules Update:

• You are allowed to add one Maxis-made spa venue to Willow Creek, Oasis Spring, Magnolia Promenade, or Newcrest.  Choose between these four: Perfect Balance Spa, Center of Center Massage, Aham Ashram Yoga Studio, or Luxe Health Club.  Choose wisely which spa venue you want to add, no changing after you start your game.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »
After reading all the notes in this thread I've become totally confused since there seems to be things missing. Can I just believe the ONLY things I need to worry about in starting this are the exact beginning rules as posted at the start?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »
NOTE:

There are plenty of aspiration requirement/milestone that will prematurely complete it for you.  If this happens, please PM the team with the bug. 

Players please be honest and complete the actual requirement/milestone (put in the work).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »
Rules Update:

• You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 07:12:05 AM »
Rules Update:

- You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 07:12:42 AM »
NOTE:

There are plenty of aspiration requirement/milestone that will prematurely complete it for you.  If this happens, please PM the team with the bug.

Players please be honest and complete the actual requirement/milestone (put in the work).

anything