Author Topic: The Does of Dragon Valley  (Read 51907 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Does of Dragon Valley
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2015, 09:28:54 PM »
A Cleo clone?!?  Leone version 3.0?!?!  Outstanding!
I can't decide if Hannah's stunningly unique or looks a bit off.  She might be my favorite.  Unless Roland is.  Argh!  This generation is hard for me!  I choose Leona 3.0 as the next heir.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2015, 12:46:35 AM »
@hazelnut , I agree, it's just so adorably tiny!
@Playalot , I really don't like Absent-Minded either, and Roland is very absent-minded.
@Alex , Beetles and dirt= protein and minerals.
@PeregrineTook , Insane is so hard to resist.

On a lovely Saturday morning the Doe basement was unusually crowded. Roland made nectar, Hannah took it upon herself to learn athletics, and Cleo was busy at the science station.

Cleo’s new creation, Chloe Doe, Flirty and Friendly. What??? Since when can a newborn be flirty? Neither Leona nor Cleo had this trait.

And so it begins.

I guess this is Hannah’s attempt at quieting Chloe.

This is Broderick? Eames. The family had forgotten all about his existence. He’s an adult vampire who both Adabelle and Leona had approached. In both cases it was hate at first sight. Broderick? Is Mean-Spirited, Inappropriate, and a Diva. Somehow, the night before her young adult birthday, Hannah became his friend.

The next day there were three birthdays. First little Hannah became a toddler.

It was Roland’s turn next. He added Gatherer to Neurotic, Loner, Vegetarian, and Absent-Minded. The only LTW he was offered that hadn’t already been completed was Alchemy Artisan.

Finally, Hannah blew out her candles. Our Insane, Excitable, Brave, Daredevil has suddenly decided that she Can’t Stand Art. She’s already at level 8 in painting. She wants to be a Master Magician.

Chloe is the first Doe to learn to talk using the playpen. She definitely looks like she’s got something to say.

The whole family made it to graduation. Roland was voted Most Likely to Never Leave the House, while Hannah was voted Most Likely to Save the World. What?!?

Chloe: Watcher, I know you just got a bunch of new toys, but I’m Friendly. A little personal interaction might be nice.

Right after graduation, Roland started working on his Alchemy skill and made good progress.

Hannah went to the park to perform magic for tips.
Hannah: Flowers, why?

By dusk, Hannah had drawn a small crowd. She made $23!

After stopping at home for a quick shower, Hannah went to visit Broderick ?. It went well.

Now to select an heir.
Alchemy Artisan is not difficult and if Roland stays he can just take his time. His girlfriend is still a teen, and all we know about her is that she’s not hydrophobic. He’s just about 3 thousand away from that magic 100K LTH point thanks to fulfilling some big nectar wishes.
Hannah has a boat load of Liquid Job Booster at her disposal so Master Magician  should be easy and fun to watch. If she stays, there would be no hurry. She has a lot less LTH, and would have to stick around to hit the magic 100K. Broderick?, her romantic interest is awful and not spouse material, but would probably make interesting nooboos. Baby Daddy, maybe?
I’m leaning toward Hannah because FUN.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2015, 07:38:34 AM »
Team Chloe.  Of course, if we have to play within the rules, Hannah is rather nifty.  The performing magician (complete with fail flowers) does seem more fun than watching Roland stand at an alchemy thing.  And baby daddy, 'cause why not?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
Looks-wise, it's Roland all the way but Hannah has a more interesting personality and job.  Really can't decide  :-\.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »
I think I'm probably Team Hannah - some of Roland's traits would drive me mad - but I really like both of them.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »
Hannah and Broderick all the way! They'll keep the family (well, us, let's face it) entertained for a long time to come.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2015, 05:43:47 PM »
@PeregrineTook , Things are getting a little creepy with Roland and Cleo hitting on each other as well. Maybe I'll move them out together and see what happens.
@hazelnut , I decided to go with personality.
@Alex , Yes, the whole absent-minded thing plus as a neurotic he always wishes to do the dishes and make the bed, but unlike a neat sim doesn't actually do anything about it.
@dontmindme , I just couldn't pass up a last chance for some original townie genes.

Chloe is friends with everyone in the family.

Chloe: And see how smart I am. I bet you wish I could be heir.
If you’re so smart, why is Ruth your very best friend.
Chloe: She’s just so charismatic.

And here is our chosen heir.
Hey, don’t you hate art?
Hannah: Yes, I can’t stand art, but I like painting.

Hannah: Hey, Broderick, you’re my favorite color. Let’s have babies.
Broderick: Okay, but don’t expect me to be nice to any of you or anything.

Looking awfully smug there, Broderick.
Broderick: Yes, time to go insult everyone.
Which he did. I’m so glad this is a legacy and we didn’t have to move you in.

Hannah had one last chance to perform for tips before the sims’ no work while pregnant law kicked in. She’s improved a lot. Uhoh, one of those glitch mats has appeared.

Cleo has made a new friend, but he keeps telling her she’s not the fairest in the land. Cleo doesn’t believe him for one second.

Ruth had her elder birthday.

Christopher couldn’t let her be the only one.

Roland will be moving out soon, so he decided to get established as a fortuneteller. His first day, he got dressed for work but forgot what he was doing and went to check the stove. I made him go and followed him to see that he actually walked in. He’s at level 8 in alchemy and should do well if he just remembers to go.

We’ll leave you at the cemetery with Hedwig being haunted by the abandoned IFs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »
And we leave you with creepy dolls in a cemetery just to make sure your nightmares are up to par.
I hope Broderick has a house so his Doe progeny can prank it as teens.  I'm sure Ruth and Leona would back me up on this.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2015, 10:09:06 AM »
@PeregrineTook , He does have a big, expensive home where he lives all alone. Perhaps I should start leaving IFs there.

Chloe had her child birthday and gained the Genius trait along with Flirty and Friendly.

She aged up just in time to react to Hannah going into labor. That little girl can really scream. Off to that painting class with you. You’ve been traumatized enough. Cleo, on the other hand, didn’t react at all.

Hannah went out to the mailbox to deliver her children.
You know it’s just called that, right. It doesn’t involve the postal service.

Loner Roland left as soon as possible and took Cleo with him.
What have I done? I just send two absent-minded sims off to live on their own.

Christopher decided to retire in order to stay home and help care for his grandboos.

There’s something about grandchildren that brings out the best in everyone, even Ruth.

Hannah doesn’t have much time for her career just now, but finds time for the occasional performance for tips. Her audience here is Eva, Cleo, and some fairy stuck underground. He has a deep voice…makes sense.

Chloe really wants to learn chemistry. She’s singed herself three time and not discovered a thing. Must be that genius trait.

It’s time for formal introductions. I am pleased to present Marla Doe, an Easily Impressed Virtuoso.

And her vampire brother, Walt Doe, an Athletic Genius.

What’s with all the good traits lately? It makes me fearful for the future.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2015, 03:52:38 PM »
Woah, I missed so many updates! I have to go back and comment on that very, very creepy IF graveeyard shot!  :o The stuff of night-terrors!! Hannah delivering her nooboos via mailbox was just priceless! lol
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »
OMG, those toddlers are so darn cute!! Those eyes and those lips and those noses, gah. Anyway, congrats to Hannah, delivery by mail seems a lot better than the normal route.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2015, 05:46:53 PM »
Hannah: Hey, Broderick, you’re my favorite color. Let’s have babies.
Best chat-up line ever :D.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »
Marla and Walt both have awesome, yet very different, eyes.  Without you there to stop her, Cleo is going to destroy poor Roland...if she remembers to...

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
@Alex , It's so nice having the absented minded absent.
@Playalot , I prefer to think she was walking to the mailbox and not the trash can.
@dontmindme , I don't know. I ordered hard copies of Island Paradise and University and my mail carrier mis-delivered them. I took an extra 5 days and an hour on hold to finally get them. (always talk about the problems, never the wonderful usual service)
@hazelnut , Broderick has been around for 7 generations and this was the first time he'd ever heard that line, I'll bet.
@PeregrineTook , I expected Walt's vampire eyes to be startling. I did not expect Marla's to be even more so.

Hannah decided to teach her children to talk the old-fashioned way – through deep discussions about fishing.

The twins learned everything they needed to quickly and devoted the rest of their toddlerhood to play and getting to know each other.
Walt: So, music, huh?

Marla: Yup. Athletics?
Walt: Right.

Honestly, they played for 3 hours and only talked about each other’s traits.

The night before her teen birthday, Chloe gave Christopher a very special gift.
Christopher gave Patches a place of honor at the cemetery.

Chloe’s traits as a teen are Flirty, Friendly, Genius, and Dislikes Children. There is something in her eyes that seems much older than a teen, perhaps the spirit of Leona.

She finally discovered a potion. She’s close to level 10 in logic.

Now that her toddlers are mostly free-range, it was time for Hannah to advance in her career. She had a very impressive audition at V’s. (the only venue I placed)

She made a different sort of impression later. Luckily the job was already hers.

The show started out a little rocky.

It got better though. Hannah’s only audience, other than the proprietor, was her father, Cleo, and Uncle Mitch. Although, Mitch seemed more interested in chatting up the proprietor.

Speaking of Cleo, the night before the twin’s next birthday, she invited Christopher to a party. The hostess was her usual charming self. That’s the sister of Flip’s wife Sophie that she’s fighting with.

The next day our little vampire, Walt, added the trait Supernatural Fan to Genius and Athletic.

Marla now has Easily Impressed, Virtuoso, and Mooch for traits. These are the clothes and hair she aged up with.

So this is now the tale of two children, one vampire, one with good taste, and the teen who dislikes them even though they’re her best friends.