Author Topic: Alien Abduction difficulty  (Read 2802 times)

Offline dragon red

• Nooboo
Alien Abduction difficulty
« on: August 10, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
Is anybody else having trouble making them happen without use of mods?

I've been trying to get another guy abducted, and its just not happening at all. I use the satellite because without that you have no chance from my experience. But when I use it, I get a phone call or a visit from a whole bunch of aliens, but no actual abductions.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Alien Abduction difficulty
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 01:56:13 PM »
This is a problem of the random number generator for the game, sadly.  It's really a matter of randomness.  You can go to EA answers and go to this thread: Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread to let them know the randomizer is playing up for abductions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dragon red

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
This is a problem of the random number generator for the game, sadly.  It's really a matter of randomness.  You can go to EA answers and go to this thread: Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread to let them know the randomizer is playing up for abductions.

Someone already posted in there re: alien abductions since the update. To be honest, Im not 100% sure now. Before the update I was able to make it happen quite easily. Since the update not at all without mods.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:00:34 AM »
This is a problem for a lot of players. Shortly after the release of the EP some players reported an ongoing problem with being abducted too frequently. The Sims team then "tweaked" the chance of it happening. I've had GTW since March and not had an abduction yet.

The patch notes

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828591/april-13-patch-notes#latest

"Our overly-friendly visitors from Sixam were a bit too amorous. We've reduced the frequency of alien abductions and further reduced the frequency of male pregnancy thereafter. We know our men are good looking but that's no excuse!"

Offline dragon red

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
This is a problem for a lot of players. Shortly after the release of the EP some players reported an ongoing problem with being abducted too frequently. The Sims team then "tweaked" the chance of it happening. I've had GTW since March and not had an abduction yet.

I've only had one abduction without mods. That abduction was prior to the patch. The devs need to tweak it again because they fixed the heck out of it.  ;D

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
I had one man abducted 3 times and 2 times he had 2 kids/ at different times