Author Topic: The Townsend Legacy (complete)  (Read 38330 times)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 7/9/15)
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
Completely understandable. You we're brave just to travel with a ghost.

What really worries me is that it was the ghost I didn’t travel with that glitched – which suggests that it’s dangerous for anybody in the household to travel until Lolita dies and Harry moves out.

Oo that sounds like you had a close escape! Glad you got it sorted without having to roll back saves. Loved the trip to University, always makes me want to dive back into TS3.  :) That and the cute pets!

I think I probably did  :( I’d only have had to go back one sim week to the pre-university save (I hope), but it would have meant finding a new spouse, so I’m very glad it fixed too.

Since Cid was going to be required to produce generation 8, Madison invited him to come and visit. He arrived when she was at work, and Harry had to let him in. In the space of about five minutes Cid had been interrogated about his unemployment and introduced to his girlfriend’s baby. Probably not the polite small talk about the weather he was expecting....

Madison got home eventually and was delighted to see Cid.

She asked him to move in immediately. Since they start in the same household, Liz came too so that I could transfer her into the main neighbourhood. She and Harry tried for a baby before she moved out. I’m tempted to get her and Harry married at some point just so that he’ll be Harry Tarry, but he’s not ready to leave just yet.

Back in the nursery, Maddy popped the question to her new housemate.

Once he’d finished skipping, they too tried for a baby. At this point Lolita was just shy of 200K happiness points, and she wanted three more grandchildren (to add to Springfield and Salem’s newborn son Douglas).

Speaking of Springfield, it was time for his birthday.

And almost immediately after, Maddy confirmed that she was pregnant.

That seemed like a perfect excuse to leave toddler training and entertaining to other people. Madison’s main contribution to Springfield’s upbringing was to steal lots of candy from him.

She did, at least, manage to become a Renaissance Sim while she was ignoring her son.

Cid’s also cracking on with his lifetime wish. He originally wanted to be a Professional Author but Helena did that one back in Gen 3, so the moment he had enough points he changed it to Street Credible. Since he’s got the Avant Garde trait he can build the Street Art skill ridiculously quickly, so hopefully that one will suit him well.

Nooboo time!

Lolita rushed Madison to the hospital and they returned clutching Honolulu, who is athletic and a virtuoso (yay!). I think that’s the first athletic Sim I’ve had all game, and she’s probably doomed to a life of Professional Sports.

Once again I had the baby-resetting glitch – Lulu’s twin sister Cheyenne appeared on the floor at home and had to be rescued by Cid (who should have been at the hospital, but wasn’t). Cheyenne is perceptive and evil – possibly a private eye who investigates the good guys? Harry also got news that he’s a father: Liz has had two sons called Thomas and (confusingly) Jackson.

Once they’d both spawned 5000-point wishes to get married, Maddy and Cid headed off to the wedding chapel. Even Albany attended, although she was rather more interesting in the furnishings than the service.

With three small children in the house, naturally it was soon birthday time again. First Springfield, who has added Excitable to Green thumb and Loves the outdoors – I like this kid :)

Then Honolulu, who’s got Cid’s hair and Madison’s eyes. 

And then Cheyenne, whose colouring is all from Cid.

Lulu is your standard sweet little toddler: she enjoys learning skills and being attacked by claws.

And Cheyenne is a little bit terrifying.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »
I’m tempted to get her and Harry married at some point just so that he’ll be Harry Tarry, but he’s not ready to leave just yet.

I support this relationship  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
They're very interesting-looking toddlers, I'll give them that! I think this is the first generation where I'm really, really excited to see how they'll grow up.

Funny how Cheyenne can look terrifying next to a freakin' ghost teaching her to talk.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2015, 06:08:01 PM »
I support this relationship  ;D

He'll be Harry Tarry before long - possibly very soon if the ghosts keep glitching.

They're very interesting-looking toddlers, I'll give them that! I think this is the first generation where I'm really, really excited to see how they'll grow up.

Interesting's one way of putting it, although the word I used was 'Yikes!' I think it's the eyebrows - other than that, they don't look too different to Madison as a toddler.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Maybe it is the eyebrows, but they both seem to have such an intense stare.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »
They really are very disconcerting toddlers.  *Shudder*

I’m so glad you managed to fix the ghost problem (and sorry I wasn’t much help.  Or none at all, really  :(.)

Incidentally, was Maddy disgraced for having a baby out of wedlock when she picked Springfield?

Harry Tarry :D  :D

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 8/9/15)
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »
Maybe it is the eyebrows, but they both seem to have such an intense stare.

They really are very disconcerting toddlers.  *Shudder*

I know - I spent most of their toddler years watching Harry inventing in the basement because I was afraid of them  ;D.

Incidentally, was Maddy disgraced for having a baby out of wedlock when she picked Springfield?

She wasn't - apparently it's fine to grow your baby in a plant pot, but as Monts discovered, it’s terribly scandalous to be widowed while pregnant. I assume it’s because Springfield doesn’t have a father, since I’m sure the paparazzi would have been hanging around the greenhouse.

Cid has been making good progress with his street art – although he rather lacks imagination. There are about ten more of these scattered around Sunset Valley.

Eventually, though, he managed to produce seven masterpieces and was officially Street Credible.

One of the good things about hanging around the town was that I got to watch the random townies that turned up. One of them was Salem’s girlfriend Leilani and their son Douglas. Why couldn’t Madison’s kids be as cute as their cousin?

Instead they continue to be terrifying. They just seem to look – I’m sure it isn’t normal toddler behaviour to sit for three hours watching your sister read.

Mind you, Cid's facial expressions aren't exactly ordinary.

At least Springfield is cute in a leafy sort of a way. I’m not sure why, but he spent his entire childhood presiding over the royal court.

Harry is rarely seen above ground – he’s reached level 10 of inventing and is now plugging away at the career. Without ambitious or born salesman to help, it’s taking a while – and the elixir store seems to have stopped stocking Liquid Job Boosters.

There was yet another run of birthdays. First Maddy aged up to adult, followed a couple of days later by Harry.

When I went to sort out Harry’s hair he randomly appeared in solid form, so I finally have a really good idea of what he looks like.

And early the next day, the horrifying twins also had cakes – both with Uncle Harry, as everybody else was out at work.

Honolulu’s got her mother’s wide jaw and her father’s wide mouth, and makes a far less scary child than toddler. She’s also become Never Nude – it’s sad when that starts to feel like a really good trait!

Cheyenne’s also grown into her rather alarming features – but she’s got Can’t Stand Art as her new trait.

Springfield had his birthday the following day. Not sure he’ll get much use out of his new Sailor trait out of Isla Paradiso, but he could have done much worse.

He immediately headed for the greenhouse, learned the gardening skill, and tested out his new PlantSim abilities. He’s become a self-employed gardener, and has maxed the career by selling off the red berry beans I’ve been stockpiling for generations. He’s the obvious candidate to do the Perfect Garden LTW, but I haven’t got it to trigger so far.

The rest of the week was sad. Lincoln died, and then a day and a half later, Lolita went back to the Netherworld. I didn’t get a screenshot of the latter – EA, why does the university mascot arriving warrant moving the camera, but a beloved playable ghost dying doesn’t?

And then there were more birthdays. Cid aged up by the easel, wearing his weird Art Appraiser uniform.

And then the twins.

Cheyenne has become a loner – so now she’s ill-suited to rabbithole jobs and being the next portrait painter. On the plus side, she’s still relatively un-alarming.

And Lulu? She’s less scary than she was as a toddler, but I’m fairly sure jaws shouldn’t have sharp corners. On the plus side, she’s now a computer whiz.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 8/9/15)
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
She wasn't - apparently it's fine to grow your baby in a plant pot, but as Monts discovered, it’s terribly scandalous to be widowed while pregnant.

Is that just careless coding or are EA really sick?

They just seem to look – I’m sure it isn’t normal toddler behaviour to sit for three hours watching your sister read.

It’s not normal toddler behaviour to do anything for three hours.  I think those two are some previously undiscovered kind of Sim alien – and neither seems like a particularly good choice for heir.  Is Springfield allowed to carry on the line?

I like Lulu's Hawaiian shirt, by the way :).

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 9/9/15)
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
Is Springfield allowed to carry on the line?

According to the rules, I think he is, but I don’t really want him to. It feels like a bit of a cheat to have heirs who don’t need to eat and who are guaranteed good traits.

I like Lulu's Hawaiian shirt, by the way :).

You noticed! :D

Now that she’s old enough to train, Honolulu is rarely seen outside the gym. When she’s fatigued herself, she likes to torture Madison.

Cheyenne also likes the gym, but her favourite hobby is currently alchemy.

Harry gets on well with the whole household, but increasingly he’s getting antsy to join his own family. He likes to hang out with his youngest son, Jackson – Thomas never seems to be home.

He also likes romantic walks on the beach with Liz.

Soon, he reached level 10 of his career, and invited Liz over. She took a weird moment to poke his nose – maybe she wanted to check that he really was a ghost.

And then they became Mr and Mrs Harry Tarry (Harry changed his name just before they got married).

After he’d waved the newlyweds off, Springfield decided that what the family really needed was more cake, so he obliged. I decided when he was born (picked?) that he wouldn’t be the heir as he’s outside the main bloodline, but I’m regretting it now: his traits are green thumb, loves the outdoors, excitable, sailor and bookworm. He completed his LTW (Perfect Garden) as a teen.

Maddy made a brief attempt at sketching him, but it didn’t go well. She decided that painting was probably the better way to get his portrait.

And because birthdays always come in batches, Albany and Madison aged up to elder.

While everybody else was thinking about the current generation, Cid has been thinking further ahead. He’s been working on his science skill.

This is Nesta Crumplebottom. Without wishing to sound creepy, she’ll probably be involved in producing the tenth generation of Townsends. She’s frugal and, for some reason, she loves the outdoors.

The family all did their best to make Nesta feel welcome....

And finally, the moment I’d been dreading – time for the twins to age up.

Neither is half as bad as I was expecting, although I dyed Lulu’s eyebrows to match her hair – the black ones looked terrifying. Honolulu’s traits are athletic, virtuoso, never nude, computer whiz and dramatic, and her lifetime wish is to Become a Superstar Athlete. Cheyenne’s traits are evil, perceptive, can’t stand art, loner and loves the cold, and she wants to be Master of Mysticism. Cheyenne’s heir: Honolulu does nothing but work out, which lags my computer and is incredibly dull to play.

With the town’s population dwindling and the threat of meeting a clone of her father at university, Cheyenne headed into the future to look for a spouse. I sent her straight to the Castle residence.

Initially Nathaniel kept going on about some detective, but eventually Cheyenne talked him round.

Oasis Landing keeps crashing in this game, so they got married quickly. There’s no room for Nathaniel’s mother and plumbot in the house, but his daughter Lexi has moved in too. That makes eight household members plus a cat, so generation nine can wait for a while.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 9/9/15)
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
Wish athletic sims would default to the no sweat option, and stop the dang working out right before work.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 10/9/15)
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »
Wish athletic sims would default to the no sweat option, and stop the dang working out right before work.

Me too – although I’d settle for just defaulting to no sweat.

Lexi has fitted right into the Townsend family, even if she has changed her name back to Castle. A virtuoso, she immediately found their piano. It was probably dusty as nobody’s played it much since Frank left home, but she didn’t seem to mind. Her sprite reminds her of home, and they spend a lot of time chatting.

She’s also brought her laser-rhythm-a-con, which makes for some strange past/future clashes in this house.

Nathaniel has become a Jack of Some Trades – he’s sold some of the red berry beans to reach level 5 of Gardener, and is now pestering the local cops. Maddy’s helping him progress in Law Enforcement by tutoring him – which also stops her scaring people. She’s supposed to be teaching him logic, but it looks like it could be Grumpiness 101.

Springfield reached 100K happiness points and decided it was time to leave. Hopefully Story Progression generates him a partner – although I couldn’t see anybody when I poked around town.

Rather insensitively, Cheyenne and Nathaniel tried for a baby before his car was even out of view.

Now that my file’s getting huge and really buggy, the paparazzi have taken to wandering into the house (where they then use the bathrooms, eat food, watch TV and complain about the actual residents being in their way). It hasn’t improved the quality of their news stories, though – they failed to notice the sims trying for a baby, but seemed to feel that 'Shocking Castles Read Books' was worth the headlines.

They also failed to report on the celebrities having a new baby. This is Montogomery, named after an old friend of Nathaniel’s. He’s friendly and loves the heat.

Nesta has had her toddler birthday. After all the times dear Miss Crumplebottom hit my sims with handbags for public displays of affection back in The Sims Hot Date, it’s rather peculiar watching her clone being potty trained and learning to talk. She’s sweet though – which is a relief, after the last set of toddlers.

Toddler Montgomery is also sweet, thank goodness – I was so afraid he’d take after his aunt. Cid’s also had a birthday and aged up to elder.

Having reached level 5 of law enforcement, Nathaniel has moved on to private investigation, and has founded a detective agency. He takes a rather hands-off approach, preferring to read skill books to progress through the career.

Cheyenne, on the other hand, takes a very hands-on approach to her job.

After that brief birthday-free interlude, it’s time for another set. First, Nesta aged up to child and rolled the Workaholic trait.

Then Lexi aged up to young adult, and rolled the Good trait. She joined the Law Enforcement career and hopes to go into forensics. She moved out immediately, which was a shame as I like her a lot, but since Maddy won’t die I need room in the house.

This is why:

I must have played too many dynasties because there’s something very odd about not-Agnes playing – it feels like she should be sculpting or something. I don’t know how Nesta got her Loves the Outdoors trait given that Agnes doesn’t have it, but it’s definitely her defining trait: she’s nearly always on the playground and is rarely seen inside.

Montgomery aged up to child and became an Angler, which makes a lot of sense alongside his Loves the Heat trait. Nesta also aged up and became family-oriented – which is good, given the future I totally don’t have planned for her because that would be creepy. Given his good traits, and that the age gap between Nesta and the foetus will be huge, I’m virtually certain Montgomery will be the gen 9 heir.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 10/9/15)
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
She took a weird moment to poke his nose – maybe she wanted to check that he really was a ghost.
:D

Initially Nathaniel kept going on about some detective…
Gosh, I wonder who that could be…?
And I loved the baby being called Montgomery :).

…given the future I totally don’t have planned for her because that would be creepy.
;D.  Although Agnes turning up at the end of a game makes a nice change.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 11/9/15)
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
This chapter begins on a melancholy note, as Grim came for Albany. Rest in peace, kitty.

In more positive news, Cheyenne had the baby. This is Trenton, who is absent-minded and disciplined. Is it just me, or is that an odd combination?

Nathaniel reached level 5 of the writer career with his new bestseller, A Rose for Everafter, to become a Jack of All Trades. There’s supposed to be wallpaper in that room, but it hadn’t loaded properly

And then there was a mass birthday. Nobody should eat that much cake.

The interesting birthdays were the boys’ ones. Trenton has inherited his dad’s hair and Maddy’s brown eyes. Montgomery’s new trait is virtuoso.

Nesta got abducted by aliens, as you do.

And disturbingly, the paparazzi broke into her bedroom  :o. Surely this is not how EA intended them to work?

Honolulu became a Superstar Athlete.

And the paparazzi finally found a headline that might interest a few people: two 4-star celebrities deciding to go steady.

Nesta and Montgomery went to prom together before she aged up to young adult. She became a Savvy Sculptor and selected CEO of a Mega Corporation as her LTW. Trenton also aged up, and became Mean Spirited – lovely.

Even less lovely: Cid died.

Montgomery had his young adult birthday – his final traits are Loves the Heat, Friendly, Angler, Virtuoso and Loves to Swim. He chose his LTW, The Tinkerer, as a teen. Trenton’s teenage birthday brought another bad trait: in addition to absent-minded and mean sprited, he’s now a loser. If I hadn’t already picked his brother as heir I might be annoyed – as it was, it was just very funny.

Trenton chose his LTW based on his only decent trait – Physical Perfection. He began work on martial arts via a book and a brain enhancing machine, as none of the family has ever been to China, then swapped to meditation once he hit level 5. Madison tutored Montgomery in proving that the Loch Ness Monster is real logic.

Being a grown-up also let Montgomery and Nesta resume their relationship, and Monty proposed.

And then it was really a question of killing time while everybody finished off their LTWs...

First to oblige was Cheyenne, who became Master of Mysticism and acquired the ability to glow.

Then Grim interrupted and came for Madison. She made it to 118 – I was starting to hope she might make it to the end :(

A couple of hours later, he came back to claim Nathaniel.

anything