Author Topic: Glitch with bills? *Fixed!!*  (Read 6129 times)

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
Glitch with bills? *Fixed!!*
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:15:53 PM »
Since my game updated (most recent patch with half walls and door locks), my sims bills have shot up! I have a couple with a small house and a substantial business. Before the patch their bills were about 4000 simoleons. Since the patch their bills have reached 35,000 simoleons and there is no chance I can pay them off. Has anyone else experienced this hike in bills?

Solution: Clear your game cache.

Delete Game Cache (Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401662.html#msg401662

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Glitch with bills?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »
That's very odd.  Have you tried to clear caches?  Do you have CC or mods?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »
Have you sent your sims to granite falls at all? I find if my sims have been (or currently are at granite falls), the bills get extortionate. I think the game gets confused with the number of items on the lots and charges you for them if the bills come whilst you are away.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 06:40:24 PM »
I've found that now even just being off your home lot when the bills come in can increase them to crazy levels. Normally my bills are around $700 (runaway teen lot so not much on it) but when my sim was at Oasis Park the bills were over 5k.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »
I did a bit of a search on this problem and found a topic on the subject.

My Sim's bills are higher than what they can carry.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/My-Sim-s-bills-are-higher-than-what-they-can-carry/m-p/4631768#M14345

It sounds like what might help is clearing the game cache files and if you have any mods, try playing the game without them by moving the Mods folder to some place safe.

Delete Game Cache (Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401662.html#msg401662

Don't forget that the game calculates vacation homes and businesses you own in the bills you get.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 05:17:03 AM »
Thanks guys! They were both away from the home lot and I have never cleared the caches for the sims 4 (always did it before I played for sims 3), so it may have been the two combined. Lets see what happens when their next set of bills come in.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 11:14:17 AM »
I think the game also calculates in what's in your sim's personal and household inventories. At least, that's how I explained my $18,000 bill.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 10:59:56 AM »
Update: My sims bills have come in again at a much more manageable 12,000 simoleons. I cleared my caches so I can only guess that did the trick :)

Offline GrimHarlequin

• Nooboo
Re: Glitch with bills? *Fixed!!*
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 01:35:44 PM »
Sorry necro such an old post, but I've found it hard to find this problem addressed. The glitch has nothing to do with your cache files, it's a bug involving where you are located when your bills arrive in your mailbox. When received notification that my bills has arrived when I was on a retail lot (I own a retail store) my bills where about 5x higher than they should've been and when I received notification while on vacation they exploded to over 10x. But, when I remember to be home when the mail arrived (every Monday morning) they were what they should be. This has solved the problem for me and I hope you find it useful.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Glitch with bills? *Fixed!!*
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 04:03:43 PM »
That's fine to necro, @GrimHarlequin  we don't really frown on that as long as the new post is relevant or adds new info etc. Yes, being off your home lot causes bills to be much higher than they should be. Weirdly I like this bug and normally try to ensure my sims are off their home lot when the bills are calculated as I think this makes them more realistic. Bills are too little in my opinion lol Not an opinion much shared I must add!  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything