Author Topic: The Sims 4 Spa Day Pack - Coming July 14th  (Read 12234 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
7 Things to Know About the Spa Day Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »
Source:  The Sims.com

7 Things You Need to Know About The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack

July 7 by SimGuruJoAnna

Ready to Relax?

The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack* is coming on July 14, and we’re really excited for everyone to get their hands on it! In the announcement last week, we talked about how this game pack includes the Spa as a new type of Venue, a bunch of great new objects, and even the new Wellness Skill. Today, we wanted to dig a little deeper into the experiences and gameplay that await when you download the pack.

There are three new Maxis-made Spas, as well as a new Gym. After downloading The Sims 4 Spa Day, you’ll notice four new buildings in your My Library page within The Gallery. There are three Spas, ready to be plopped in any 20x30 lot you want. Aham Ashram Yoga Studio focuses on offering top tier yoga instruction; Center of Center Massage provides highly-trained masseuses and reflexologists to work out all your kinks; and Perfect Balance Spa has everything to enhance your wellness including a sauna and meditation! There’s also a Gym that includes some of the new objects found in the game pack.

You can make your own Spa. Of course, if you’re feeling creative and want to make a Spa of your own, you’re able to do that too. Once you’re done, you can share it to The Gallery and watch as Simmers from all around the world comment on and download your relaxing establishment.

The Wellness Skill gives your Sim a ton of new stuff to do. Practicing yoga, giving massages, and meditating all improve your Sim’s Wellness Skill. The higher the Wellness Skill, the better they’ll be at striking those Yoga poses and giving great, special-purpose massages. They’ll even be able to make new recipes with special benefits!

Meditation masters earn supernatural Interactions. Ever notice that people who Meditate just seem a little… calmer? Almost, like, supernaturally calm? Sims who work up their Wellness become capable of levitation and, eventually, teleportation. Talk about Zen.

Your Sims can WooHoo (or die!) in the Sauna. Saunas are more than just a place to unwind. When two amorous Sims are alone in the room, there’s a special WooHoo only available with the Sauna. But it’s not all fun and games – your Sim might meet their end if they spend too much time getting a Superfluous Steaming.   

There’s a new Mud Bath with several soaks to choose from. If your Sim is looking for a safer form of relaxation, the Mud Bath in The Sims 4 Spa Day can give them just that. Laying in the mud can give your Sim the Confident moodlet while the other soaks can have different results: the Rose Garden Scent will have them leaving Flirty, the Baby Soft Skin soak has them feeling Happy. Others soaks can negate negative buffs caused by being Sad or Angry.

Nearly all of the items can be used outside of the Spa. Don’t feel like sending your Sim over to a Spa? No worries – just about everything that your Sims can do in Spas, they can do at home, too. They can install a Sauna in the basement or toss a Meditation Stool in the living room.  Moreover, mud baths and soaks are available in nearly every type of tub!

The Sims 4 Spa Day comes out worldwide on July 14! We can’t wait to hear how your Sims are enjoying their time relaxing in the new Spas!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Sims 4 Spa Day Pack - Coming July 14th
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »
I cannot wait to try everything, although I did find OR fun it's not something I'd go out of my way to do. The Spa however is a must for me, love the hair styles and athletic gear.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »
Yeah that's the thing with OR compared to this. Spa Day will fit right into our Sims' everyday lives while to enjoy OR you have to specifically go on vacation. I was hoping we'd get to teleport, and my wish is satisfied. Though I'm not sure it will be as useful without the open world. We already teleport!  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 12:54:41 AM »
So I'm guessing that the sauna isn't going to be the best place for working on the Serial Romantic aspiration then.  8)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
Another preview picture:

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 05:34:01 AM »
What time is Spa Day being released as its already the morning of the 14th in the uk?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:00 AM »
First another image:

What time is Spa Day being released as its already the morning of the 14th in the uk?

@jen2912   Release times aren't always set in stone, but usually it is around 12:00 PM (noon) to 1 PM Eastern Standard Time in the US for me for these sort of releases.  That means roughly 4-5 hours from the time I make this post (though it can be a little later depending on EA, etc.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Official Video link
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 12:57:57 PM »
Here is the official trailer for the Spa Day Pack:

The Sims 4 Spa Day: Official Trailer

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »
It's not in the Store? Can't find it anywhere. Alot of people on the forums are having the same problem.  :-[

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 01:17:50 PM »
Seems they're a bit late to release it. I have a link to the Origin page in order to share with folks who'd like to give the site credit for the sale, but it currently redirects me to Sims 4 Digital Deluxe.

Edit: just saw Sims 4 base game drop to $46.66 within the past minute. They must be rolling out a new promotion, as the 'SALE' code is gone today.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 01:24:52 PM »
If you start your game, then click on the 3 plumbobs in the upper right corner, it will show up there. Click on "unlock," and you can see the content before buying.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
Here's a link for the new pack, now that it's out. We don't get any info from your account, just credit for referring you to the sale page :)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Spa Day Game Pack released
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »
Alright, it seems the new Game Pack is now released.   :)

It is 504 MB in size.

In the US, you can purchase it for $19.99 from Origins

Pamper Your Sims!

Treat your Sims to a day of pampering with The Sims™ 4 Spa Day. Visit the all-new Perfect Balance Spa for a revitalizing massage, or work on the all-new Wellness skill with some yoga. After a relaxing mud bath, step into the sauna to melt away the daily stresses. You’ll also get a variety of all-new objects and décor, so you can pack your home with so much tranquility that your Sims can’t help but find their inner peace!

KEY FEATURES

All-new Venue: Perfect Balance Spa – This all-new venue offers a calm and welcoming atmosphere, filled with unique activities and amenities that will surely re-energize even the most stressed Sim. Choose from four pre-built venues or build one of your very own.

Focus on Wellness – With the new Wellness skill, Sims can become masters of their mind, body and emotions. As your Sims improve this new skill through yoga and meditation, they will unlock power of levitation and teleportation!

Massage. Steam. Unwind. – From reflexology to stone massage, your Sims can now receive and give a variety of massages that offer a range of benefits. Kick back and unwind in the all-new sauna while mischievous Sims can pull a smelly prank or two.

Slip into Comfort – Your Sims will not have to sacrifice style for comfort with the new collection of stylishly casual loungewear and effortless hairstyles.

Build in Zen ways – Add a mud bath and install a new tropical fish aquarium. Bring all the relaxing amenities and furnishings into your Sim’s home!

Here is a link, and if you purchase it by this link it will help the site.

The Sims 4:  Spa Day Pack

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »
Glad to be installing it now. I couldn't find it in the Origin program at first, but bought through the website and it's there for me to install :D I've got an out of shape Sim ready to get toned using Yoga.  8)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »
Thanks Carl, that is what I did, It was crazy. I don't know what they where doing at first, but I got mine now.  ;D