Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59185 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2015, 04:04:14 PM »
So how many of you are doing the Flip the Crick?  It's making me crazy!  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »
I looked at the rules and backed away slowly, until I was out of sight, and then took off running in the opposite direction XD

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2015, 10:18:10 PM »
Time marched on for the Thymes.  There were still days filled with joy and laughter and a greater appreciation of what they all had.  Even Malcolm was on good behavior, although you could occasionally see him looking over his shoulder as if he expected something, or someone, to be there.  Rez and Spring were like newlyweds, as if they had all the time in the world.  Rez did not tell Spring about getting his second notice.  The days were too perfect to spoil it with that.  We did some remodeling and contemplated what would be next.  When Summer aged up, where would she go?  A remodel of her parents' room with Mom upstairs, or a new room of her own with the rest of the family?  Meanwhile the family was trying out the new yoga stuff.

Rez:  You sure we're doing this right?

Juliet:  And you reach for the stars........

Spring:  You sure this will make my butt look smaller?.....

Don:  Anything for the ladies but this is kinda lame for me.......

Watcher:  *heaves a heavy sigh*

W:  I go to all the trouble of getting this stuff for you and all you can do is complain about.  Just keep practicing.  It's good for your joints.

Rez:  Yeah, if you don't dislocate all of them.  I like this laying down pose the best.  Nap time?

Spring:  I feel so much better!  Rez honey, want a massage?

Rez: *pretend snores*  hmmmm?  Oh, yeah.

Spring:  Next time we'll try the hot stones, ok?  You are all knotted up and tense.

Rez:  mmmrrrrrmmmphhh

Spring:  Hmmm?

Rez:  I said, you'll do anything to get your hands on me. 

W: *sad sigh, watches silently*

A short while later.........

Rez:  W.  I really like this aquarium and meditation room.  Nice. Not your usual color pallet.  Peaceful.  Uhhhhmmm,  W?  I'm feeling kinda weird.  Woozy. 

W:  I know Rez.  It's ok.  You know what's next hon.  Right?

Rez:  Oh.....I......now?......

Rez:  Not ready, Watcher.  Not yet..........so tired......gotta sit down......

Juliet:  Uncle Rez?  Uncle Rez!!!  Oh, no!

Rez:  Jules?  It's ok.  Just kinda tired Jules.  Hey, it will be fine.  I can't quite reach....

Juliet:  Oh, Uncle Rez!!  I love you.  Thank you for loving us and caring for us.  Please, don't go.

Rez:  Sorry Jules.  I love you too.  Tell my darling Spring I'll always love her no matter where I am.  Tell her it was ok for me, and not to miss me too much.  I'm happy Jules.  You all made me so happy, especially my Spring Thyme. You're all going to be fine.  Such a pretty light................

Spring:  REZ!!!!  Oh, dear heavens!  Rez!!  Oh, no, oh no.  Please, Rez.  Don't go!  I need you!  I love you!  Oh, my beloved......*sobs hysterically*

Romeo:  What's going on?  What's happening here?  I heard you scream.

Spring:  This can't be happening.  I'm not ready.  We were having such a happy day.  *heartbroken sobs*

Romeo:  Oh, no.  Uncle Rez.  I can't believe it......*cries*

Spring:  Beloved?  Oh please get up.

Grim:  Pardon me ma'am.  I'm sorry for your loss.  You do understand it is a necessary job I do?  This is Rez Thyme?

Spring: Yehhhhyesss...*tries to control sobs, fails*

Grim: It says here he had a good life, was an excellent spouse and father and a good man.  *sigh*  It's always rough when it's the good ones.  I'll be as gentle as I can.  You might want to look away.

Spring:  NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  I can't!  I can't go on!  I don't care about the curse!  I don't care about the dynasty!  Take me too!  Oh, Rez!!

Grim:  Sorry.  Against the rules.  It's over.  He's at peace.

Spring:  But......how do we go on?  I can't live without him.....I.......

Grim:  Take this urn.  It's all his wordly remains.  I can't promise, but who knows.  One day maybe you'll be together again.  Be strong now.  Your family needs you.  Duty, you know?  Farewell, we'll meet again.  *sighs*  It's always the good ones that are the hardest......

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »
Oh, no, the inevitable...  Goodbye, Rez.  :'(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2015, 04:22:22 PM »
Oh my heart just sank into my boots....  :'( RIP Rez it happened way, way too soon.  Poor Spring and poor watcher.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2015, 06:21:07 PM »
Why couldn't time have stood still?  It seemed like all was over.  The heart of the family was lost and broken.  Yet, life and Thyme goes on as the friends and neighbors stop by for a last farewell.

Don:  It's really great that you kids wanted to come by to cheer Spring up.

Richard:  Dad, he's not really gone you know.  He lives on in your memories, and look, doesn't that look like him up there?

Don:  Just a cloud son, but a nice thought.

Mal:  Chelsea!!  Nice to see you here.  Looks like everyone wants to support the family right now.  Go on in, I'm sure Spring will have a nice spread set out.

Chelsea:  So sad, Mal.  He was a good man.  How is Spring holding up?

Mal:  As expected.  She's taking it really hard.  Blames herself which is not her fault of course.  We all have to die someday now don't we?

Chelsea:  Yes, I guess so.  Except for a few stalwart souls.  Later, Mal.

Spring:  Come on in everybody.  Thank you all for coming.

Richard:  So sorry, Auntie Spring.  We'll all miss him

Spring:  Thank you, Richard.  It's hard to believe.  I......I just keep expecting to see him.  Let's have a bite to eat.....

Juliet:  Thanks for coming everyone.  She's taking it pretty hard.  It means a lot that you are all here.

Declan:  That's what family is all about.  You hang together when there is need.  Good times and bad.

Summer:  Dear Diary,  today I am very sad.  Something terrible has happened.  Mr. Grim came and took my Daddy away.  Who is going to be my hero now?  I think I will write all about him one day. I miss my Daddy.  I wish I knew if he was ok.  Mommy keeps crying and crying.  Will we be ok?

Spring:  Rez.........oh, Rez......I don't know if I can go on without you my love.

Summer:  My doll house is ok.  You must have fixed it before you left.  Daddy?  Are you here?  Can you hear me?  I wish we could have played Space Commander one more time.  If I see that Mr. Grimm I'm gonna punch him!

Summer: Daddy...........*cries*

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2015, 07:13:13 PM »
Poor little sweetie. Her daddy was such a big part of her life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »
Oh, so sad! :(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
The interesting thing is, all those people, and more, showed up autonomously.  It really was like everyone wanted to say goodbye.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »
Great chapters. I know it's hard to watch a Sim's natural life end if you like him very much. You wrote Spring's dialogue perfectly for someone who just lost their beloved. "I don't want to do this anymore, please kill me too!" It's so tragic to read. My mom is having back issues in RL and the thought of her being the first to go - she's 67 years old - terrifies me, I like how you wrote these chapters. Let's hope you don't end up failing this, I think you have so much more to go. ^_^
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2015, 03:25:12 PM »
Great chapters. I know it's hard to watch a Sim's natural life end if you like him very much. You wrote Spring's dialogue perfectly for someone who just lost their beloved. "I don't want to do this anymore, please kill me too!" It's so tragic to read. My mom is having back issues in RL and the thought of her being the first to go - she's 67 years old - terrifies me, I like how you wrote these chapters. Let's hope you don't end up failing this, I think you have so much more to go. ^_^

Thank you.  I have folder after folder of chapters, (screenies), to go but am having writer's block at the moment.  I suppose Summer will have interesting things happen and to do eventually but puzzling in my head as to what to do with all the others.  I look at them as rather like a big, extended family so each one has their story that goes on behind the dynasty, and often they are more interesting to me than what an heir has to do.

I understand your worry over your mom.  Just be as kind and loving to her as you can and live with as few regrets toward her as you can manage.  You and she are in my prayers.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »
Spring:  Rez, oh Rez.  How am I going to go on?  What do I do now?  I didn't know this would hurt this much.  I thought it would be ok.  I knew the rules.  I'd live and go on and you wouldn't, but the rules never said it would break my heart!

Watcher:  Spring, I'm so sorry.  You know, you've never been alone.  You've got me nagging you and more importantly you've got Summer and the rest of the family.  They're grieving too, for both of you.  I know it hurts.  It's never going to completely stop hurting.  But you have to try to pull yourself together for their sake, especially for Summer.  You have to prepare her for this and be a role model for her.  Do you think weeping alone in the toilet is doing anyone any good?  How can Rez rest with you going on like this?  Are you just going to give up?  You can you know.  There were other Thymes.  Will you be like them?

Spring:  You're right Watcher.  I know you are.  It.........it's just so soon.........

W:  Look......you have to make a decision.  A choice.  Either put your own grief away for times when you are alone and private, and try to pull your family together, or just quit.  There are things you can do.  Grieving is a process.  Take some space and go have a talk with Rez.  You might not see him but you know he'll hear you and you'll come to know in your heart what you must do.  You'll always miss him, Spring.  You'll always love him and wish he was near, but it's up to you to choose to carry on and be there for all your future family members or give up, quit, age and die and fail the dynasty.  Your choice mija.

Spring:  *sighs*  Of course you're right.  You know me too well so you know I'm not a quitter.  *sigh*  I think I know what I can do.  First a little grief relief.  It won't take it away but it might make me strong enough to cope a little better.  I'm so grateful for Juliet's efforts!

W:  Juliet?  Oh!  Right!

Spring:  This is her potion.  A lotion to help relieve sorrow.  With just a little help from this stuff I think I know what to do next.  An adventure and a way to say farewell.

Spring:  *takes deep breath*.......Ok.   I've got stuff to do.  Thanks W.  See you there........

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2015, 08:03:26 PM »
Spring:  Well, gang, here we are.

Don:  Spring.....are you sure about this?

Spring:  Absolutely.  This is our family retreat.  We'll take these next few days to revisit places Rez loved and remember him and the joy he had here.  We'll celebrate his life and say our farewells.  Maybe I'll place his urn here, maybe not.  Juliet will continue to search for herbs and insects for her potions, and thank you, Jules for the potions you already made for us.  We'll breathe the fresh, forest air, do some fishing, renew ourselves and maybe find some peace and acceptance.  I know Rez wants us to carry on so that's what we're going to do.  It will give Summer and I a chance to really get to know each other as well, and for her to see some of her dad's favorite spots.  We're going to have some fun and we're going to carry on.  It's what he'd want.  Any questions?

Romeo:  Any rules?

Spring:  Nope.  Except maybe for Summer.  The job here is find your inner peace, say a loving farewell, and be safe.  Doesn't mean we won't still hurt or be sad from time to time, heaven knows I sure will, but we have to go on and face the reality of what it means to be in a dynasty.

Juliet:  You know, Aunt Spring, my brothers and I didn't sign up for this.  It was our parent's idea, not ours.  But........well......we're all family now.  Family sticks together no matter what.  I guess what I'm saying is, I'll stick with it if you stick with it.

Romeo, Don and Mal:  We will too.

Summer:  It's a good idea Momma.  My Daddy didn't like to have me cry all the time.  This would make him happy.

Spring:  Ok then!  Let's go do our things!

W: *whispers to Spring*  Sometimes you amaze me.  Way to go girl.

Spring:  This is for you, Rez.  Remember how we'd grill fresh fruit?  It always tasted so good.  I'll add a touch of cinnamon.  You taught me that one.

Spring:  *humming*  Yep.  Just a touch.  mmmmm.......smells good already.  I think Summer is going to love this.  No veggies or "icky stuff".

Spring:  Lunch is ready!  Come and get it when you want it.  Summer!  Come eat sweetie!  *breathes deep, smiles*

Summer:  Thanks, Mom!  This looks great!  No veggies!!

Summer:  This is really good Momma.  Did Daddy really teach you how to make it?

Spring:  I think so.  We liked to go camping, fishing and on picnics when we could.  We'd fish a lot but then we'd get hungry.  Your Daddy was a grill master so I'm pretty sure he taught me this one.  I did most of my cooking at work, once I got my Master Chef, so he stepped in and became a really good cook too.  You will too I imagine.

Summer:  Prolly will.  Can we go fishing too?

Spring:  Absolutely!  I know your Daddy taught you how to fish and I'm sure he'd love to see you still doing it.  So we'll go and thank him for teaching you and have some fun too.

Summer:  Plus fried fish for dinner!

Romeo:  Rez, this one's for you!  Man, it's beautiful here.  Spring is right, this is a good way to say goodbye and get yourself together.  C'mon, old man.  I challenge you to a game of horseshoes.  Loser does the dishes!

Don:  I dunno.  I'm really not in the mood.  I just can't get over losing my friend.  I'd rather take a nap.

Romeo:  Dude!  I think you're just afraid you're gonna lose. Again!  C'mon, give it a try.

Don:  *sighs*  You know I won't lose.  Why bother?  I just.......

Romeo:  *makes clucking sounds*  Chuh, chuh, chuh, chicken!  Watch this shot.  I bet I'll get a ringer first try.

Don:  *sighs then snorts*  Ok, I'm watching hot shot.

Romeo:  Ok, your turn. C'mon.  Give it a go.

Don:  I ..........oh, ok.  Will you leave me alone after that?

Romeo:  No.  I want a full game.  Dude, you aren't alone and you've got a lot of life to live yet.  Just think of all those girls you haven't met yet.  You're too young to keep this sadness going.  C'mon, see if you can beat the "kid".

Bear:   Rowwwrrrrrr!

Mal:  Oh, hi Bear.  How's it goin?

Bear:  Huh?  Say.  Aren't you scared?  I mean, I'm a bear.  I roared.  I look menacing right?

Mal:  Wrong.  Anyway, I'm trying to find "Deep Woods".  You know where it is?

Bear:  *feeling dejected at growl failure*  Yeah.  Sure.  Go to the right fork over there.  There's a sign.  It'll lead you to the Deep Woods.  *sighs*

Mal:  Thanks, Bear.  Oh, and fyi......you were pretty scary.  I just was yanking your chain.  Gotta work on the bear breath though.  C'ya.

Mal:  Oooooo kay then.  Five miles that way.......It's gonna be a long day....

Juliet:  Now what?  Juliet the slave gets to go wander the woods picking weeds and catching gross bugs.  Ewwww.  How come I don't get the fun part?

W: Buck up kiddo.  It could be worse.  You could be home doing the clean up.  Besides, I thought you liked all that stuff.  It's why I gave you the skill.

Juliet:  Yeah.  I guess.  Ok, race ya!  First one to the lake takes the day off!  Oh.  She looks nice.

Juliet:  Sul, sul!  My name's Juliet.  Just moved in to the big cabin over there.  Any boys here?  I'm sooo bored.  Supposed to be gathering herbs and stuff.

Camper:  Hi!  Sul, sul to you too!  Yeah there are a few boys.  Kinda cute too.  Just watch where you go with them.  You know......

Juliet:  Boy do I ever!  They're all alike.  And they stare at you!  I've got a brother.  Two actually but ones kind of a butt head and too old and the other is pretty cool but shy.  Maybe you can come over later and we'll hang out.

Camper:  Sounds great!  I'll see if I can round up some others if that's ok with you and your family.  Or we can always go to one of the communal fire pits.

Juliet:  Right!  Ok.  Say, have you seen any local herbs?  I really do have to gather some.

Camper:  Besides Deep Woods, I think I saw some on the Nature Trail.

Juliet:  DUH!  Of course.  Well, thanks.  Cya later.

Summer:  This is my fifth one for the day!  I made my Daddy proud!

Spring:  You're doing well honey and yes you did.  Let's head back and round everybody up.  Maybe we can squeeze in a trip to Deep Woods, and no, it's not scary.  Farewell, river.  We'll be back................................

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2015, 03:16:06 AM »
What a beautiful way for the family to come together and say farewell.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »
Thank you, Play. I don't want ghosts and just dropping the urns off in some park just didn't feel right.  So let's see what they do next.................................

A FOND FAREWELL

Juliet:  Drat it!!!  Go bug someone else!

W:  Forgot your bug lotion eh?

Juliet:  Yeah.  I made some for everyone and then forgot to bring my own.  Oh well, I'm here to get more supplies anyway and I think these critters know it.

W:  So Mal actually found the way there.  Good job on his part.  Say, isn't that some truffles down by your feet?

Juliet:  Yep.  Last item for the night.  Now heading over to the Hermit's house.  I can brew up a batch there.  She won't mind.  She's been teaching me.

W:  She'll be sad to hear about Rez.  I think I'll go give her a heads up.

Hermit:  Rest well my friend.  It was nice visiting with you.  Now I have your whole family here, tents and all.  Ah well, I doubt they'll stay long. 

W:  So you knew?

Hermit:  Of course.  I read his palm when he was here.  It's all part of the circle of life, at least for most of us.  They won't stay long, will they?  I'm not much for company.

W: No, not long.  Just saying good bye to Rez in another way and then they'll be off.  Do what healing you can, ok?

Hermit:  It's what I do.  Best check on Juliet.  Silly girl left her Bug Off, off!

W:  Jules, how's it goin'?

Juliet:  Huh?  Oh, hi W.  It's going just fine.  Just need to add this last bit and stir.  How's it look?

W: Disgusting, so it must be about right.

Juliet:  As long as it works I don't care how it looks.  Smells pretty good.  Ok, now that's done I think I'll go fish for a bit.  I need some time to just think.

W:  'k.  Cya later then.

Juliet:  So, Uncle Rez.  Here to say goodbye.  You were a good uncle and friend to me.  Thanks for teaching me so much.  Especially how to fish. I..........

Summer:  Aunt Juliet!!  Wait up!!!  (I'm not afraid of the dark.....I'm not afraid....)

Juliet:  So this was one of your father's favorite places.  He had everything he needed here plus it was a great place to just think.

Summer:  He was a great fisherman wasn't he?  I like it here too.  I think this is going to be one of my favorite places.  Did you say goodbye here?

Juliet:  Yes, I did.  It kind of felt like he could hear me and approved.  Like when I do nice things with you, too.  I wanted to be alone, but I'm glad you came.

Summer:  Thanks.  I'm glad it's ok.  I didn't want to come alone so I'm glad you're here.  I won't ever really say goodbye.  My Daddy is alive in my heart and our garden.  I'll just remember the happy.

Juliet:  Good.  Oh, hey!!!  Look at this whopper!!  Blackened Bass for dinner!!

Don:  So the intrepid woodsman and explorer, Malcolm Landgraab, found the way for us all to be here, huh?  Good job man!

Mal:  Thanks.  Yeah, it was kind of tricky but once you know what to look for not that hard.  Good chow, Spring.  Bass?

Spring:  Yes.  Juliet caught it.  She's been hanging with Summer a bit.  Nice of her.

Romeo:  Juliet said it was THISSSSS big, but it just looked like a normal size one to me.  Tastes great no matter what.

Mal:  So where are they anyway?

Spring:  Summer is inside the cabin.  She just wanted to be alone for awhile and is hoping the hermit will come and chat.  Jules is probably catching some night flying bug or other.  They'll both be fine.

Summer:  *sigh*  Wish you were here.......but it's ok.  It's nice being here for a bit, and it will help me remember you even more.  G'night, Daddy.  I hope you're sleeping well.

Hermit:  Well, hello everyone!  Everything ok here?  Got all you need?

Spring:  Hi there!!  Yes, thank you.  I really appreciate your letting us pitch our tents here and use your facilities.  Hey, I fixed some bass that Juliet caught.  Would you like to join us?  I could set up a table and chairs if you like.

Hermit:  No, no!  That's quite all right.  I have a nice stew on the stove inside.  Uh....so how long you folks planning on staying?

Spring:  Oh, just over night.  We'll sleep, then I'll take some time to visist the waterfall and say farewell, and we'll be off.  We really do appreciate your hospitality but we don't want to overstay our welcome.  I know you have a lot to do and value your privacy.

Hermit:  Well you just enjoy your stay and rest well tonight.  Maybe I'll see you in the morning.

Spring:  Thank you.  Good night now.

Spring:  *sobbing*  I don't know if I can do it my love.  I just don't know.  This is your favorite place and it's so beautiful it almost breaks my heart.  I'm not sure I can leave you here.  Please forgive me if I can't.

Spring:  Remember the first time we were here?  It was our "almost honeymoon".  We hadn't had time to do it earlier but when we had the chance we came here to this beautiful spot.  Just you and I.  You went running off catching bugs while I fished and then we had time to just fish and be together.  It was so romantic.  A happy memory.

Spring:  Whatever happened to those pictures we took?  Ah well, no matter.  I'll remember you here my love.  When ever I come back you'll be here with me.

Spring:  The sun's up.  There is a rainbow.  A sign of hope and a promise of good things to come.  Time to go.  Farewell, my love.  You'll always be with me.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything