Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59163 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2015, 04:43:51 AM »
I do love your writing style, @Joria. I wouldn't change a thing. I hope we get some of that rain here in northeastern Washington. We sure need it.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »
Play, Jude and all of you, thank you so much for your encouragement.  You've really made my day.  Jude, I hope you guys up there get some rain too.  Here comes the next episode!

**************************************************************************************************

Well, you're up early!

Mal:  Early?  What do you mean early?  Like I ever went to bed and slept?  Really, Watcher, you gotta lay off those Moodlet Manager potions, at least for us useless members of this family.

Useless?  Malcom Landgraab how can you think you're useless?  You are an integral part of this family!  Spring could not have made it this far without you and all the work you do.

Mal:  You mean being a garden slave?  Whatever.  I've got to water these plants.  Go bother someone else.

Man, he sure is testy this morning.  Must be that time of the month or something. *giggles*

Romeo:  Don't worry about him, Watcher.  He's just always like that.  Says he's lonely and wants to meet a nice female Sim to make whoopy with.  Thing is, he knows a ton of them but unfortunately they know him as well.  Dude just can't keep it pleasant for long.

Well no one said he couldn't have a lady friend or two.  He just can't have them here, and I'm afraid he's getting a bit long in the tooth to have much success.  So I see you're going for a new skill.  Want to illustrate those books you write?

Romeo:  Naaah.  Just something to learn.  Oh, and just so you know, I've decided I just might pick up where Don leaves off.  I know I'll never have a wife but no reason I can't have some female companionship I'm not related to.  So, how's this look?

Errrmmm.  Practice makes perfect, Romeo.  See ya later.  Got the rest of the family to check in on.

Summer:  Hi, Watcher!  This should be the last potion for me to max out this Wiz Kid aspiration.  I really enjoy the creativity of it......ooops.....hehehe.   Gotta run, Mom is nagging me about homework again!  Sigh.  I hate math.  Why don't teachers understand we right brained people just don't need more math than simple addition and subtraction?  All that analytical stuff just is annoying.

Hey, Don!  How's it goin?

Don:  Pretty good, Watcher, pretty good.  Say, what's this nonsense about my limiting my workouts?  I'm not THAT old you know.

Uh huh.  Well, as long as you stick to yoga and a few jogs around the neighborhood you should be ok.  Lay off the really heavy stuff though.

Don:  Oooooo, poor widdle Donnie should be careful lifting this hebby, hebby paintbwush den, huh?

Sigh.  I guess this is just attitude morning then. No need to get rude.

Don:  Sorry W.  Just had a bad night.  Struck out for the first time ever.  Guess I am getting too old to turn the ladies on.  Anyway, my art is my consolation.

For some reason I think you've still got a chance or two.  Nice painting by the way.  I'll leave you to it.

Don:  See ya, W.  You might check in on the rest of the tribe.  Rez has been a bit down lately.  *resumes painting*

Rez:  (muttering)  Blasted darn .......oh.  Hi W.  Just fixin' this pc here.  I think Mal was a little rough on it.  Need to install some new components.

Well, you're really good at things like that.  Maxed out that handiness skill in no time at all.  So, how've you been?

Rez:. Fine, just fine. I'll last a long while yet. 

Spring:  Yes, you will my love.  A long, long while.  Summer, go to the next problem.  If you have trouble with it I'll help.

Summer:  Yes, Momma.  *heavy sigh*  Why can't I go outside?  I need to play.  I'm just a kid you know.

Spring:  Math first.

I think that's my cue to leave.

Juliet:  So, stir 20 times deosil.....then......hmmm......wonder if it needs more.....

Hey, Jules, what's up?

Juliet:  Oh, hi W.  New brew.  Spring said something about a camp out and I thought some insect repellant might be a good plan.  She was pretty annoyed with the mosquitos the last time.  How's it look to you?

Disgusting of course.  Smells right though.  Is that chamomile, lavender and tea tree oil I smell?

Juliet:  Yeah.  I put in some citronella as well.   Should work.  Not a bad smell.

Right.  Not bad at all.  *cough, cough*  I'd better check on Summer's homework.

Spring:  See?  You got it all done and you did it well.  Good on you sweetheart. 

Summer:  Yeah.  Once you explained it I saw the patterns and it wasn't so bad.  So, I can go outside now?

Spring:  Run along then!  Have some fun.....oh, and don't you have another aspiration to work on?

Summer:  Moooommmmm.  Don't take all the fun out of it.

Let's go sweety before we find something else you need to do.

Summer:  So Watcher are you watching?  *giggles*  Wait till you see what I learned!

*notices broken doll house at the end of the play ground*  Ok, tiger!  Let's see what you got.  Pay close attention to those monkey bars now.

Summer:  Whoooo hooooo!  I'm really good at this! 

Lookin' good!  Careful now!

Summer:  Oh, I'm always careful.  Mom would get really mad if I got hurt or did something stupid.  But I don't always show her what I can do.  You won't tell, will you?  If I show you?

Won't tell unless you get hurt.  Go for it.

Summer:  Sooooo, it's really high up here but I love it!  Did you know I could climb up like this?  Don't tell Mom!  She'd have a cow!

Summer:  I love this!  I can see forever!

Uhhh....*tries to distract from dollhouse*  So what else you got?

Summer:  Ok, this gets tricky.

Oh, goodness!  Do be careful!

Summer:  Hehehehe......don't have a coronary Watcher.  Here I go!

Summer:  Ready.....steady......

Summer:  Whhheeeeee!  Whoooo hoooo!

Summer!!!  Watch out!  You're gonna.......

Summer:  Ooooffff!

Fall.    You ok?

Summer:  Yeah.  I just need to practice sticking that landing.  Uh oh......

Uh oh is right!  I'm outie.....

Rez:  WATCHER!!  What were you thinking?    You all right Summer?  Daddie's coming. 

Summer:  Sheeesh.  'Course I'm fine.  I do this all the time.  See you fixed my doll house again.

You weren't supposed to see that.

Summer:  I wasn't worried.  My Dad can fix anything.

************************************************************************************************

Family outing?

Spring:  Yeah.  Everyone was getting a bit testy what with working so hard.  It's time for a break.  Summer wanted to go to the library, Don.....well Don always has plans.....

Don:  HEY!  I'm an artist!  I want to show Romeo all the fine work in the museum.

Museum.  Fine work.  Uh huh.

Romeo:  *snickers*

Juliet:  I'm going to do some research.......

Spring:  So that leaves just the two of us, babe.

Rez:  *sighs*  Just the two of us.  I like that.  We need more of that.  Make some memories.

Spring:  Some of our best times were spent with a fishing pole in hand.  I don't even care if we catch any angelfish.  I just love being with you.

Rez: *sighs*  Watcher.....should I tell her?

No, Rez.  Just enjoy the moment.  You have a bit of time yet.  Just enjoy........
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »
Uh oh... *stomach drops* Rez  must have had his second warning...
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2015, 03:57:11 PM »
Uh... it won't be easy to see him go.  :(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2015, 05:48:04 PM »
Thank you, ladies.  I admit it.  I've been procrastinating.  I've got a couple of folders with Rez but then......*eyes well up*.......

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2015, 08:03:25 AM »
Nooooooooo :'( not Rez :'( Spring and Summer are going to be gutted!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »
Summer makes me think of my daredevil niece at that age. Okay, she'll be 45 next month and is still like that. You make Summer seem very real.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »
Summer makes me think of my daredevil niece at that age. Okay, she'll be 45 next month and is still like that. You make Summer seem very real.

She's like the last kid to leave the nest.  Her nickname was "Danger Baby".  She practically lived in the ER, or would have had we not watched her so very carefully.  We put her in gymnastics when we found her doing balance beam stuff on the edge of the bath tub and swimming lessons when she dove into a pool at age two and started swimming a bit.  She's the only kid we raised who I considered getting a tether for.  So she is my role model for Summer.  She's almost 20 now and on her own but calls every day. 

Nooooooooo :'( not Rez :'( Spring and Summer are going to be gutted!

They aren't the only ones.  Not sure I can handle it myself.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »
Rez:  You sure about this?

Spring:  Yep.  Don says it's really cool, well, for a hot tub.

Rez:  Ok, last one in's a pickled egg.

Rez:  I repeat, you sure about this?  Dang, woman!  You're gonna knock me over.

Spring:  Quit complaining and get in.  Sheesh, there has to be a more graceful way to do this.

Spring:  Mmmmmm.  This feels really good.

Rez:  So, you're more relaxed now?

Spring:  Gettin' there.  It was a pretty intense day.  Yeah.....right there.....mmmm

Rez: chuckles

Rez:  Muwahahaha  I've got you in my clutches now, fair damsel.  Come away with me to my watery kingdom and I'll show you the delights of the ages.

Spring:  Oh, no!  Not the watery kingdom!

Spring:  Rez?  Rez?  What are you doing.....?  Oh, watery kingdom thing....

Rez: *bubbles* 

Spring:  Rez?  Where are you?  You're gonna drown!

Rez:  *gargly sounding laughter*

Rez:  Relaxed now?

Spring:  *sigh*  Very.  Old man, you've still got what it takes.  I think I love you more each day.

Rez:  And I you.

Spring:  I was kind of scared you know.

Rez:  Yeah, I know.  Worth it though.

Rez:  Don was right.

Spring:  mmmmmmm

Rez:  We've had a good life, haven't we beloved?  I mean, you're happy aren't you?

Spring:  As long as I'm with you I'm more happy than I can ever say.

Rez:  I mean......it's all been worth it right?  All the work, waiting so long for our child, building this great house....?

Spring:  Rez are you ok?  Of course it's been worth it!  Look at all we have, starting with each other.  Our beautiful daughter, our good friends who are family with us.  Aren't you happy my love?

Rez:  Definitely happy darling.  Especially being close with you.

Rez:  You are my soul mate.  My reason for living.  Every day with you brings me more joy than I can ever say.  You are still so very beautiful.  I'll never, ever stop loving you.

Spring:  Rez........have I been selfish?  Have I put too much of a burden on you?  I....I.....

Rez:  No, no.  It takes a strong selfless person to do what you are doing.  You are no burden at all.  You've given me a life I never dreamed I could have.

Spring:  Oh, my darling....

Spring:  Just hold me my love....just hold me tight.

Rez:  You know, this hot tub thing was a good idea.  Why didn't we do it sooner?

Spring:  Because Don was always hogging it.  *snickers*  It is a good idea though.  At least the Watcher has left us in peace for once, and we got to talk in private.

Rez:  Let's do this again?

Spring:  Sure, another time.

Rez:  Have I told you I love you yet?

Spring:  Not for the last two minutes.

Rez:  We've spent the whole night here.  It's dawn.

Spring:  Yeah.  I'm getting pretty pruny.  Time for out?

Rez:  Graceful exit.

Rez:  Thank you for a beautiful night my love.

Spring:  It was wonderful.  Thank you.  Special times I'll never forget.

Rez:  I don't want to spoil this.  You have to know.  To be prepared......I'm sorry beloved.  I need to tell you.....I got my first notice from Grim.

Spring:  NO!

Spring:  Oh my love!  I don't think I can bear this.

Rez:  You, my strong, beautiful wife can handle anything and everything.  I'm just sad I will be leaving you to face life alone.  You can do this!  And......someday......

Spring:  Please hold me.  I need to feel you close.....I don't ever want to let you go.....

W:  Spring.   He'll be fine.  I promise.  He'll be fine.  You've got some time yet.  Just make it as special as you can. He'll be fine.................

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »
Oh they are a match made in heaven... I just can't keep tearing up at the thought of Rez... *pulls big girls pants on*

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »
Aww... Spring and Rez are just the loveliest couple. I don't think I can picture them apart.  :(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2015, 04:18:50 PM »
Please forgive me for not posting the next several chapters.  I've taken some thyme out to try some of da Man's challenges.  Hopefully will post this weekend.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2015, 05:18:01 AM »
It's fine :) we'll be here when you return! Good luck with the challenges!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »
Good luck in the challenges, like Magpie said... we aren't going anywhere!  :)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »
Take your time. Those challenges need a lot of practice. Good luck, and we'll be here!  :)