Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59165 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »
I'm with Play on this one...  the chapter is very cute, but I get a strong sense of foreboding.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »
He had been told what was in store for him.  He knew he'd have a long life, filled with love and joy with the woman who far exceeded his most wonderful dreams, and that one day he would die.  He knew she would live on.  There would come a special day, the first of many, where she would eat a particular dish of food that only she could cook, and only after having met all the goals and followed all the rules set down for her.  She would become immortal and he would not.  His love for her was so great that this is what he wished for her above all else.  That her precious life would go on and on through the generations, carrying his love with her in her heart, and through their joint descendants even though he would not be there to see it gave him a sense of accomplishment.   A proof of his love for her.  This day was meant to be one of the most special, defining moments of her life.  And so he had practiced long and hard and had perfected his gift for her.  His song that would mark this special day.  Violin in hand, he began.........

She entered the room slowly, almost majestically, as beautiful as she had always been, and approached the dish sitting on the table.  A table that would eventually seat all his descendants and hers.  The music flowed from his instrument with love, hope and joy in every note.  His heart flowed out toward her with his song, and hers flowed out toward him, mindful of the sacrifice he was making for their love and their family.

She paused a moment, her eyes welling up with tears, unsure if she could accept this moment, this triumph, this overwhelming sacrifice of love.

Fork in hand, she paused again, allowing the music of his love to sweep over her.  It had been a long and difficult road.  A path that she and all her descendants were doomed to follow.  So much love!  So much heartache!  Could she do it or would she stop to spend her last days with the man she loved so dearly and then pass on to another world with him?  Her tears began to flow.  She breathed deeply, gathering her courage.

The fragrance of the dish before her was enchanting.  Made of strange ingredients, she had had her doubts.  Yet now the tantalizing aroma led her on.  Her fears belayed for the moment, she knew it could me, must be. She began to smile, filled with courage at what she knew she would face in the near future, she began to feel at peace.

She took her first bite as the music swelled around her, leading her on to triumph.

She became illuminated with the magic as eternal life flowed through her.

Spring:  YEEE HAAA!  This is some good grub, Watcher!!  Worth every bit of the trouble I went through to get it.

W:  Oh my great purple plumbobs!!!!  I was having a moment here you know.  You totally harshed my gig.

Spring:   Get over yourself, Watcher.  You were going waaay over the top with this one.  This isn't "As the Stomach Churns" you know.  I'll make it up to Rez later.  If he even noticed.  He was so into his interlude with strings.

W:  Yeah, well you'd better.  He worked hard to give you this moment, to make it special and memorable for you.  Built this room and your museum and here you go off with the comedy routine.  Not nice, Spring.

Spring:  Sorry, Watcher.  It was just getting too intense.  Hard to handle, you know?

Rez:  You ok, sweetheart?

Spring:  *whispers, chocked up*  Oh my darling, thank you.  That was the most beautiful, special, precious moment.  What a memory you have created for me.  I love you so much.

Rez:  I love you, tessoro mio.  With all my heart and soul.  Thank you for choosing me.

Spring:  Phew.  Let's get out of here.  Too intense.  Let's go upstairs and just talk a bit, ok?

Spring:  Wow, you are all tied up in knots.

Rez:  It was harder than I thought it would be.  I guess I was pretty scared you wouldn't like my composition, or the playing for that matter.

Spring:  Rez, it was perfect.  You've really become quite the artist on that violin.  What made you think of doing that?

Rez:  I just love you is all.  I know this is going to be hard for you, harder  as each heir comes along.  I wanted your time to be the special one.  Maybe my last gift to you.

Spring:  Well, it was wonderful.  And what do you mean last gift?  Every day with you is a gift of our love.  Remember what we said in our vows?

Rez:  Yes, I remember.  I don't want to spoil your day.  Let's leave it at that.

Spring:  Rez?  Have you gotten a notice from Grim?

Rez: I didn't want to mention it.  Yes, first one came yesterday.  I'm glad we were able to do this day and I'm sure you and I have a lot of time left together.  My love for you is eternal, you know that.

Rez:  Come on now.  Put a smile on that pretty face of yours and let's go do that photo shoot Don has planned.......We'll be just fine.

Spring: Yeah.  Just fine.....

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
@dethduk and Playalot:  Thank you both.  Sorry but I was putting in the ambrosia scene as you guys were responding.  I just loved that interaction between Rez and Summer so had to put it in.  It was pretty much autonomous, except for the playing dolls together, and her face was just too expressive to miss.

I know you'll probably respond on the ambrosia scene, so here is a peek at her completed museum room.....

What can I say?  The girl likes pink.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2015, 01:39:27 AM »
Oh my.... thank the stars that Spring decided to make a joke...I nearly had tears. Congratulations Joria on your first of many more immortals to come. That was a really fantastic way of making her immortality very special. :) I love her pink themed room, how very cool. *Happy sigh*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
Ooh, how lovely. Congrats on your first immortal! The museum looks really neat :)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2015, 12:55:47 AM »
Congratulations on your first immortal, and a what a lovely way to make it happen! Took me some time to read through the previous chapters, but it was well worth it. Great story  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2015, 08:59:49 AM »
Joria, congratulations! Spring is going to make a lovely Immortal. Hoping for many more (well, 7, actually) to come.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2015, 12:08:08 PM »
My apologies everyone.  I've been exploring Windows 10 stuff (loads of games), and feeling a bit under the weather.  As you may know, the northwest US has the biggest forest fire ever going on so our area is under a lot of smoke, even as far away from it as I am.  I have a difficult time breathing in the best of times and so now it's being even more housebound than usual so I can breathe at all.  Have to have everything closed up with air cleaners and ac going 24/7 so have been a bit depressed and just not wanting to do the writing. 

I want to thank MarianT, ManiSims, Roxanne07 and Playalot for your responses.  I'm glad you enjoyed the way I presented the first ambrosia meal and Spring's museum.  The other museum areas will just be smaller and more like I did in TS3 but I felt the founder needed a special place that was like her in essence.  Food that doesn't spoil, pics of her hubby, and her actual museum pieces.  She can come sit here, read and remember and so can the rest of the family.  Thanks guys for the response and to all the silent readers as well.  Apologies for the wall of text to follow.

I've got two folders of updates and have been seriously considering changing how I'm presenting this story.  While it may be interesting to me to see all the gory details of one small event, it may not be as interesting to my readers.  I have a very difficult time weeding out which screenies to use, and am not sure all the drama over one thing is what you all want to see.  For instance, the first ambrosia scene was whittled down from 50 screenies, and really I could have done it in one or two shots but it wouldn't have had the impact I wanted.  A trip to the deep woods gave me 300 screenies for just one day there!  I tend to do screenies the way I take photographs, just shoot, shoot, shoot as fast as the camera can do it to get the best shot.  Fine for photographs, (I caught a bee in mid-flight once as it was landing on a thistles flower), but makes it a headache with whittling down screenies.  Right now I have 12 folders full of screenshots so that could be 12 updates without having my Sims move on very far, and that is just for the month of July.  Nine more for August which only brings me up to Summer becoming a teen.  Soooo, a total of 21 possible updates with Sims doing cute, funny, or otherwise emotional kinds of things.  Do you guys want to see all this?  If so, I'll keep on as I have.  If it's getting to be a bit much for you, I'll try to make it shorter with more things going on to get to the end of the dynasty.  Let me know.  Meanwhile, I'll double post today with the next one moving the story on a bit more.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »
Honestly, I really like your writing style. I think the level of detail is part of what makes you unique. I read every update and I'm certainly not bored. As long as you are still enjoying it, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
Whatcha doin' Romeo?

Romeo:  Gettin' a snack and avoiding the drama in the Science Lab.

Drama?  What's goin' on?

Romeo:  Seems Rez and Don are having a bit of a "discussion" over some of Don's alleged actions.  Big tempest in a teapot if you ask me, but you know Rez.  He's very protective.

Think I'll check in on them.  Oh, and by the way.  That is not a television, get your snack and close the door and DON'T drink out of the milk or juice carton!

Rez:  What exactly did you think you were doing anyway?  This is a family member here we're talking about and I think you were being very inappropriate!

Don:  DUDE!  I'm really getting offended here.  I would NEVER do anything inappropriate with ANY of our ladies!  Shame on you for even thinking it!

Juliet:  Really, Uncle Rez there was nothing wrong there.  Sheesh. 

Don:  All I was trying to do was get the best pose and check out the outfit to see if it would give the best shots.  I AM the family artist and photographer after all.  At least for the moment.

Rez:  Yeah?  Well just make sure you don't bring your love 'em and leave 'em ways to our girls.  Ok?  Sorry if I came across too strong.  It's been a pretty emotional day.

Don:  Right.  Ambrosia day.  Sorry dude.  Don't worry though.  I respect our ladies.  So, Juliet, ready for your photo op?

Earlier that day..........

Don:  (under breath to self) *Gotta admit she's gorgeous now she's taken Slimify.  Check out those legs.  Woof.*  Uh, Juliet, you sure you want to wear those shoes?  Won't trip or anything?

Juliet:  Honestly, Uncle Don.  I've worn higher heels than these.  They're fine.

Don: (takes deep breath, continues to mutter to self) *just breathe..don't look ....remember she's your adopted niece....*  Ok, now, I'll just adjust the lighting and background a bit.......

Juliet: All right!  Say.......were you just checking out my legs?....

Don:  Huh?  What?  Oh, heheheh....no hon, just making sure everything is ok.

Juliet:  Right.  Ok, let's do it!  I can't wait to get these up on Simbook.

Don:  Watcher, thanks so much for building me this studio.  It's really a great place for the arts.

You're welcome Don.  I just felt you all needed a place where you could really express yourself.

Don:  It's nice to see my work hanging up, and look here.  Another budding artist.  I think Summer really has a knack for art.

Well, have to encourage her.  Important little girl you know.  Plus she's been thinking of actually becoming an artist for a career.  She says you inspire her.

Don:  Yeah?  Well, she's got the talent for sure.  Inspired her, eh? *eyes well up*

Juliet:  So Uncle Rez read him the riot act and all because he was checking me out!  It was so funny but kind of gross.  I mean, he's an old guy you know.  So if he starts with the moves on you two ladies.....just watch out.  You both already know all about him.  Don't be taken in.  I think he's still downstairs.

Dina:  Don't worry, hon.  We're wise to his antics.  He is such a heart breaker. *sighs at the lovely memory*

Nora Lew:  Oh, hi Donnie.  Fancy meeting you here.  *simpers*  Uhhhhhh, did you maybe want......?

Don:  Hi, honey.  Nice to see you.  Sorry.....gotta go......

Don:  Soooo, have I seen you around here before?

Random Townie:  Nope.  New to town.  Nice you wanted to star gaze and get to know me.

Don:  Oh yes, my dear.  I definitely plan on getting to "know" you.  Now, isn't that one Cassiopea?

*shakes head* Don, Don, Don.  He just proves you're never too old to give it a try.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2015, 12:58:19 PM »
Honestly, I really like your writing style. I think the level of detail is part of what makes you unique. I read every update and I'm certainly not bored. As long as you are still enjoying it, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Francesca.  I'll keep on keeping on then.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »
I enjoy your writing style too, and sympathize with your breathing issues. I live in western Washington and only had to keep the house closed up for 2 days. We're supposed to get some heavy rain later this week. I hope it makes it across the mountains.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
So sorry about the fire and all the smoke.  :( I hope everything gets better very soon, and I'm definitely with Francesca about your writing style. I really enjoy it, just the way it is :)

Well, Don is just unstoppable, isn't he!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
I enjoy your writing style too, and sympathize with your breathing issues. I live in western Washington and only had to keep the house closed up for 2 days. We're supposed to get some heavy rain later this week. I hope it makes it across the mountains.

Thank you.  I do love doing the writing because as I play I'm kind of talking in my head and being the voices of these silly characters.  So what you see and hear is what was bouncing around in my brain.

Yeah, we're due for rain this weekend in the Portland area.  I so love the northwest.  It just breaks my heart to see all that forest go up in smoke, even though I know it's ultimately good for the forest life itself.  Air is not too bad now, thank heaven.

So sorry about the fire and all the smoke.  :( I hope everything gets better very soon, and I'm definitely with Francesca about your writing style. I really enjoy it, just the way it is :)

Well, Don is just unstoppable, isn't he!

Thank you.  Yes, Don is definitely unstoppable.  Still trying to get it on at his age!  lol 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2015, 03:35:31 AM »
That's terrible news about the fires and resulting air quality.  :(  Thoughts are with you all and my gosh I hope it rains soon.

I really enjoy your story writing style. Each character is unique and I love reading along. I know it must take you a very long time to sort through all your screenshots and then again to write up each chapter but I agree with everyone else... as long as you are happy putting in the work I am more than delighted to read it all.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.