Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59176 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2015, 04:50:20 PM »
Happy birthday, Spring! Sweet Summer, I'm afraid to see what's coming soon.

We've a bit of just doing things with most of the family before the dreaded day arrives. I get so amused over what my Sims are doing I tend to drag the story out.

Awww, poor Summer!  I know I don't get to comment often, but I love your writing Joria!

Thank you, Shewolf13.  I appreciate that.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2015, 05:33:09 PM »
Romeo:  What on earth?

Richard:  Don, what's going on?

Don:  Shhhh.....don't let him hear you.  Rez has this special thing planned for Spring.  It's almost her ambrosia time and he wants to make a big deal out of it.  First time the Watcher has had a Sim make it to ambrosia so Rez feels it should be special.

Richard:  I understand special but cats screaming and nails going down blackboards doesn't sound special to me.

Romeo: *moaning*  I don't think I can take much more.

Romeo:  Oh, sweet plumbob!  Make it stop!  My ears are bleeding.

Richard:  Well, his heart is in the right place.  Cut him some slack.  See ya all later.

Romeo:  That's right, Rich, just walk away and leave the rest of us to suffer.

Richard:  Hey, it's not my family.  I at least have an out.  *laughs*

W:  Uh, Rez?

Rez:  Hmmm?

W:  Maybe you should practice outside?  You know, get the full sound effect and all the moves?

Rez:  Ok.   ................  He steps up to the podium and addresses the violin.

Rez:  The crowd becomes silent as the sweet strains of the opening movement begin......

The arpeggio brings tears to their eyes. *and the sound brings tears to mine*

With a final flourish, he draws the bow sweetly across the strings and then.....silence...*please let it be silence*

Rez:  So, how am I doing W?

W:  Uhh,  I think you need a little polish on that third interlude.

Rez:  Ok.....I'll stay here till I get it right......

W:  Still at it?

Rez:  Yep.  Think I've got it now.

Rez:  You know, this isn't just for me and my surprise for Spring.  It's for Summer too.  I want to get good enough to mentor her.

W:  Right.  I forgot about that.  I must say it really is sounding pretty good.  You're at the "brings tears to the eyes" stage now.

Rez:  Thanks, W.  I'll just leave you with this last finale.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  This may have seemed silly and repetitive, but Rez really does take great delight in his violin playing.  Every time I'd turn around instead of doing the tasks I set for him, he'd be at the violin.  I loved the expressions he used so much I decided to highlight the best spouse ever at what he loved most, second to Spring and Summer.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2015, 07:38:57 PM »
Spring:  Just one more and I'll have all my museum items!  Ahhhh, there it is!

Rez:  Hmmmm.  I never noticed this before.  Wonder where it leads?........

Rez:  Whoa!! 

Rez:  This is amazing!  I gotta get the family here.  *calls Spring*  Hon!  Hon, you gotta come down here and see this!  I got that old mine open and you wouldn't believe what I'm seeing.

Spring:  Be right there honey.  I have to work soon but I've got a couple of hours before I go.  I'll bring the rest of the family, ok?

Rez: Definitely!  I think they're gonna love this.  Who knew we could go fishing right in our own backyard?

Spring:  Awesome!  You were right, Rez. This is so beautiful.

Spring:  Juliet is going to love this.  She's always dig up stuff for Mal.

Juliet:  This is wonderful!  Look at all these gems!  Mal is going to be so happy.  I wonder if.....oh, wait.....look over there!

Juliet:  I don't think I can get the big ones, but these are really fine. 

Spring:  Gee, even in the lake.  I've never seen such beauty.  Maybe I should have collected gems instead of microscope pictures.  I wish Don could paint this.

Summer:  MOMMMEEEEEEE!

Spring:  I'm coming baby!!  Don't be scared. I'm coming!

Spring:  There, there, honey buns.  It's ok.  I'm here.  We're all here.  You're ok sweety.  Now, tell me all about it.

Summer:  It was AWFUL!  It got darker, an'....I was alone....an'....there was this noice....an'.....there was this drippy thing on the ceiling.....an'.......

Spring:  I bet it felt huge.  I bet it was the scariest thing in the whole world.  Did it look like a big giant like this?

Summer:  Yeah!  And it was gonna get me.  I just KNOW it was gonna get me and take me away.

Spring:  Ok, baby.  I know this is a new place for you.  It's kind of dark and there are lots of echos and funny sounds and shadows that can be pretty scary.  But I want you to look around now.  Do you see your Daddy?

Summer: *quavery voice*  Yeah........but

Spring:  And do you see your Uncle Mal and Romeo and Aunt Juliet?

Summer:  Yes....but.....

Spring:  But you were still scared.  I understand.  Honey, Mommy, Daddy and all your family love you so much and we would never, ever, ever, let you go into a place where there were bad things that could hurt you or take you away.  And if someone ever tried your whole family would go after you and rescue you and punch that bad person right in the nose.

Summer: *giggles*  Oh, Mommy, you're funny.  Daddy wouldn't ever punch anyone.  He's not like Mr. Cole.

Spring:  Well, even Mr. Cole would come rescue you and HE definitely would punch them, now wouldn't he?

Summer:  Hehehe.  Yes, mam, he would.  I love you Mommy.  You always make everything ok.

Spring:  That's part of what mommies are for honey buns.  And I love you right back times infinity and beyond.  Now, how about you work on that fishing skill, hmm?  Just look at what Uncle Mal has caught!

Mal:  Sturgeon.  It's a whopper.

Don:  Mine might not be as big but I'll bet it's weirder.  What is this thing anyway?

Summer:  I'm ok now, Mommy.  I'll bet I catch a million of 'em.  It's ok if you need to go to work now.

Spring:  Ok, honey.  'Bye all.  I'll see you all later, ready to cook up what you catch.

Mal:  You stay over here by me, Summer.  We'll catch the big ones together, right?

Summer:  Right, Uncle Mal.  Like that one you just got?

Romeo:  She gonna be ok over there with him?

Rez:  Yeah, she'll be fine.  No way he wants to get on Spring's bad side.

W:  Or mine!  It's about time you get this place open.  Having fun?

Rez:  Yep.  And if you'd let me have more time to max my handiness we'd have been here a lot sooner.

W: Hmmmpfff.   Wasn't me who decided to spend every waking minute with a violin.  Ok, I'll leave you guys to it.  I've got some more interesting stories to read.  See ya later......

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »
Rez:  So cupcake, did you have any fun today?  All over the scary part?

Summer:  Yes, Daddy.  It actually was lots of fun.  Mom 'splained everything so I don't have to be scared in there any more.

Rez:  Mommy and I really love you, sweety.  Now, don't you have to go talk with Mom before bed?  Give me a hug and off you go.

Summer:  Love you!

Spring:  Come on in and sit down sweety.  I'll read you that story I promised you, ok?

Summer:  Yes, please!

Spring:  Ok, here we go.  "Once upon a Thyme there was a beautiful princess named Summer.........

Summer:  YAAAAYYY!  I LOVE the Summer stories!

Spring:  The beginning.  You see sweety, for us there isn't an "end".  There will always be one of us around to take care of you and your children on and on until the very last heir is born.  You don't ever need to be afraid of being alone.

Summer:  But, Mommy.  Won't some of the family have to go with Mr. Grimm?  What about them?

Spring:  Sadly, yes.  We will lose many of the people we love and it will break our heart, but in order to free our family from this dynasty, it is what we must endure.  At least we won't have to do it alone.  And that's why we work so hard at our skills and accomplishing our Aspirations.

Spring:  And there are a lot of good things too.  We get to learn and do all kinds of things that mortals can't.  They can't because they run out of time and have to go with Mr. Grimm, but we won't.

Summer:  So, Momma.....when we're playing chess and having fun we're still working on stuff?

Spring:  Yep.  Now you'd better focus young lady or this game will be won by me.

W:  Well, that went well.  Cool way to let her know what's ahead.  No fears that way.

Spring: *whispers*  Hush, she'll hear you.  Time for you to go to bed, Watcher.  We've got stuff to do.

W: 'Night then.  See ya tomorrow.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2015, 07:23:00 AM »
Spring's impression of a bat is spot on, I'm pleased to see she's explained the dynasty requirements in a way her daughter can understand. Rez is adorable but the man needs to practise where no one can hear him  :P
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2015, 12:45:06 PM »
Spring is such a wonderful mother! I love her way of reassuring Summer.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »
Summer is adorable! Her fears and worries are absolutely endearing. Spring looks fab as an elder, ambrosia must be getting close. I loved that you included Rez's violin playing. I find it very sweet when sims seem to have a mind of their own and keep returning to a certain activity and Rez is just so lovely. *sigh*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:34 PM »
Spring's impression of a bat is spot on, I'm pleased to see she's explained the dynasty requirements in a way her daughter can understand. Rez is adorable but the man needs to practise where no one can hear him  :P

I felt she really needed to know and be reassured since her parents are elders and at least one of them was going to meet "Mr. Grim".  His playing actually got quite good.  I love fiddle music and some classical violin is nice.

Spring is such a wonderful mother! I love her way of reassuring Summer.

Thank you.  She really does spend a lot of Thyme with Summer autonomously.  It's funny how some Sims really do develop these personality traits on their own.

Summer is adorable! Her fears and worries are absolutely endearing. Spring looks fab as an elder, ambrosia must be getting close. I loved that you included Rez's violin playing. I find it very sweet when sims seem to have a mind of their own and keep returning to a certain activity and Rez is just so lovely. *sigh*

Rez is one of my favorites.  With the many fails I had with different spouses, (mostly Don Lothario), he really is the best.  Ambrosia is VERY close.  As a matter of fact.........

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »
W: So, it's been one of those days, eh?

Spring: *sighs* Yep.  Started off with the Landgraab kids and Rex going to place Geoffrey and Nancy at the Oasis Springs Park.  We'd carried their essence around long enough and the kids felt it was time. 

W: I remember that time.  You were at work, Summer at school......

Juliet:  Yo!  Watcher!  Ok if we go fishing?  I mean, no disrespect but could you place the urns?

W: Do I have a choice?

Mal:  Nope.  Just fishing for a few, then I've got CP to take care of.  Big one on the line!

Romeo:  Whoo hoo!  I got a whopper!

Mal:  CP!  What, you couldn't wait five minutes for me to feed you?  Bad cow plant, bad!  So who did you eat?

CP:  Mmmhmm?  I don't know moo it was.  Yum.  *burps*

Mal:  *giggles*  Well, what I don't know won't hurt me as long as it wasn't someone in the family.  Ok, so let's get this over with.  *starts milking*  I hope they were focused. It could help a lot at work.

W:  Fond memories.  So, exactly where you at right now with the dynasty?  Let's see.......

Culinary Career........maxed

Master Chef Aspiration.....maxed
Mansion Baron Aspiration......maxed

Cooking, Gourmet Cooking and Baking Skills......maxed

Night Owl, Free Services, Frugal and Always Welcome, rewards...check

Date with Rez.......Gold
Birthday for Rez....Gold
Dinner Party.........Gold
Wedding..............Gold
Black and White....Gold

Happy Whim...........Meet Someone New   check
Inspired Whim.........Make a Drink.....check
Flirty Whim.............Ask on Date     check
Confident................Tell Unbelievable Story  check
Tense Whim.............Take a Shower    check
Playful Whim...........Flash Crazy Eyes   check

6 Blemish Blossom Microscope Prints $1,320 value and 2 Trace Remains Microscope Prints $510  for a total of $1,880

Ok.  Well done, you're ready....WAIT!  Friends!  Where are your six friends?

Spring:  On it!

Camilla Renner:  Soooo, you're the famous Chef Thyme?

Spring:  Yep.  Say, wanna be friends?

Camilla:  Sure.  I'd be honored.  Any idea what Rez and Don are up to?

Spring:  Not a clue.  You related to Goopy?

Camilla:  Cousins.  Wow!  Nice digs.  Cute kid.  Yours?

Spring:  Yep.  Summer.  She's my heir.

Mal:  How's the friend thing going?

Spring:  Workin' on it.  Chelsea here is a good friend, so's Camilla and you.  That's three, plus Rez is my BFF so that's four.  Two more to go.

Summer:  Ok, so here's the story.  I'm a special person in a special kind of fambly.  I gotta have all these friends and do stuff.  So when we get married.....

Rudy Lew:  Muh,muh, married!?? 

Summer:  Well, ok....maybe not married.  Let's just cloud gaze and get to be good friends...ok?

Rudy: *relieved*  Sure.  Ok, let's be friends.

Chelsea:  Aren't the kids cute?

Spring:  Yeah.  Makes you understand how careful you've got to be around them.

W:Soooo, whatcha doin' Mal?

Mal:  Isn't it obvious?  Star gazing.  AND I'm making a friend.  Spring inspired me to give it a try.

Goopy:  You're ok Mal.  Check out that constellation.

W:  Good luck with that, Mal.

Rudy:  Uh,   I think I gotta go.  It was really nice making friends with you Summer.  You're ok for a girl.

Summer:  Ok.  See ya around.  I like you too Rudy.  I'm glad we're neighbors and almost family.

Rudy:  I'd stay longer but........the violin thing.....you know.

Summer:  You have a PROBLEM with my DAD's violin playing?  Guess you'd best go now.

Richard Whitley:  You do this often Rez?

Romeo:  Can't take it anymore.......just can't.   Good thing I'm already good friends with Spring:

Spring:  Oh, don't worry Richard, dear.  He's just practicing for a special surprise for me.  Oooops......not supposed to know...

Rez:  Well, it's still a surprise because you don't know why I'm doing it.

Spring:  See?  That's part of why I love that man.  Good friends, Richard?

Richard:  Yep, good friends.

W:  Well, I THINK that might be it.  Let's see, Rez is your BFF, Malcolm Landgraab, Don Lothario, Camilla Renner, Chelsea Caliente, and Richard Whitley, with a close reserve of Dina Caliente and Romeo Landgraab.  Phew!!  You DID it!

Spring:  Well, that was a busy day, Don.

Don:  Yep.  Nice to just lay out here, watch the stars and be quiet for a few.

Spring:  Shooting star!  Make a wish!

Don:  I wish your ambrosia comes out as perfect as all your other meals.  You know what I also wish?  I wish you had met me first because you would have been the only woman in my life.

Spring:  Thank you, Don.  Time to rest.  Tomorrow I've got some special cookin' to do.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2015, 08:27:56 PM »
Oh my gosh! How cute are Summer and Rudy? lol at the whole 'when we get married' conversation. Exciting thymes for Spring....

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2015, 10:11:40 PM »
Oh my gosh! How cute are Summer and Rudy? lol at the whole 'when we get married' conversation. Exciting thymes for Spring....

I know.  Adorable isn't she?  The interaction between the two of them while Spring was desperately trying to get friends was really fun to watch.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
Congratulations on finishing your immortal requirements!  And if nothing goes wrong, I assume becoming an immortal shortly. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »
Congratulations on finishing your immortal requirements!  And if nothing goes wrong, I assume becoming an immortal shortly. 

Thank you!  Yes, hopefully happening today if I can pull myself away from exploring Windows 10 stuff.  Pics are just a taste of how ocd I am.  Next on the shelves will be ambrosia behind locked doors of course!  I don't have ghosts.

Youth potion

Moodlet solvers in front of Mal.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2015, 08:10:30 PM »
He's My Hero

Summer:  *loud sobbing and wailing*    Waaaaaaahhhh!  Oh no, oh no!  Who could have done this?  My poor dollies!  Homeless!  Waaaaaaahhhh!  They're all killded.  My dollies.....my dollies.....waaaaaaah!

W:  OMG!  Crises!  Rez, you better come quick.  Summer sweety, don't cry baby.  It's going to be ok.

Rez:  Summer?  OMG!  What's wrong baby?  I'm coming sweetheart!  Daddy's coming!

W:  My bad, Rez,  I wasn't watching him close enough and that blasted Mal trashed her doll house.  I'm so sorry.

Summer:  It's all brokeded.  I'll never, ever be able to play again.  I'll never have any fun anymore, ever.....*sniff*  Some meanie really, really hates me a lot.

Summer:  Daaaaaddddeeee......look what someone did to my doll house!  Now my babies won't have any place to sleep. *cries* 

Rez:  *comforts Summer*  Hey, hey, there.  What's all this?  And nobody hates you my precious. 

Rez:  Oh my.  That is a mess.

Summer:  Why would someone do this to my poor, innocent dollies?  It's all RUINED.

Rez:  Wow, honey that is quite the mess.  Looks like someone stomped on it pretty hard.  Don't you fret and worry my love.  Daddy is going to make it all better.

Summer:  But.....but....it's all brokeded.  How can you make it better?

Rez:  I'm pretty handy sweetheart.  I'd never let you stay so sad so I'll just fix it as good as new.

Summer:  I don't think it can ever be fixed, but go ahead Daddy.  I'll just watch.

W: No worries, little one, your dad is a wiz with a hammer.

Summer:  Please be careful, Daddy.  My dollies might still be alive in there.

Rez:  I'll be very careful.  We wouldn't want any harm to come to them, now would
we?

Summer:  Miss Watcher?  It'll be ok won't it?

W:  Yes darling, it will be ok.  I'm so sorry I didn't Watch better, Summer.  Can you forgive me?

Summer:  'k.  I forgive you.  You were busy.

Rez: *loud sounds of hammering*....mmmphf  Just a few more taps over there.......watch out for dolls........*under breath* I'm SO gonna have a "chat" with that stinker.....NOBODY messes with my baby......OUCH

Summer:  Careful, Daddy.  Don't get hurt.

Rez:  There!  All better!  See?  I told you Daddy would make it better.  How's it look?

Summer:  Oh, Daddy!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  It looks just like new!

Summer:  You are the best Daddy ever!  I knew you could do it.

Rez:  Silly, pumpkin.  I'd never let you stay sad.  As long as I'm here just yell and I'll come runnin'.

Summer:  I love you Daddy.  Thank you for taking care of my dollies and me.

Rez:  Love you too, honey bunch.

Rez:  Now, whaddya say we play dolls together?  Gotta make sure they're all ok.

Summer:  Momma says you are her prince charming.  It's true.  You know what else?  You're my hero.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2015, 05:19:55 PM »
Oh Joria, somehow this is killing me... "As long as I'm here just yell and I'll come runnin'."  Just a gorgeous chapter though.

anything