Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59160 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »
*Rolling* Oh my gosh... pfffft Don!!!  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »
I know, right?  This was 1/3 of the screenies I took during that thing.  His face just kept getting better and better.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again-Don Again
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2015, 08:03:59 PM »
Later that same day....................

Don:  C'mon, Shea.  Hurry!  If we're fast we can get there before anyone else sees us and wants to join in.
Shea: *giggles*  You sure this is ok?

Don:  Of course, I'm sure!  We're way in the back of the lot and no one can see us back here.  Get in already!
Shea:  I don't know about this Donnie.  If my brother comes over.........well, you know how he is.

Don:  Hey, now sweet cheeks, didn't I say I'd take care of you?  No worries. 

Don: Isn't this nice here? *makes his move*
Shea:  Oh, Donnie.............

Don:  Come to Papa......
Shea:  *giggles*  I'm gonna getcha!

Don:  WHOOO HOOO!

Shea:  Donnie?  Donnie?  Where'd you go?  Did I drown you?
Don: *humms theme from "Jaws"*

Don:  Muuuwahahahaha!  Now I've got you in my clutches pretty lady!  You'll never escape.  Muuuwahahaha!
Shea:  *squeeee*  Donnie!

W:  Oh, brother!  I think I'm in the wrong place!  Excuse me. *blushes*

Shea: *sigh, dreams of engagement rings*  I love you, Donnie.

Don: *softly*  Oh yeah.......I'm da Dad

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:22 PM »
*Cracks up* Oh Joria, only you could depict such a cad in such a funny way. This is hilarious. Oh the poor girl dreaming of an engagement ring... *giggles*

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2015, 08:55:09 AM »
Joria I love how real you make your Sims. You can see how much you care about them.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »
@Playalot:  Don is just so fun, and I'm really fond of him both as a spouse, (not in this game obviously), and as a pollinator.  In general he can be a really sweetie, so how can he be a cad and yet be sweet?  Obvious, make him clueless and really naive.  He does so many autonomous things that really crack me up.

@Ratchie:  Thanks so much Ratchie.  I do really care about them, some times too much.  Personally, I think your Sims are very realistic, not to mention hilarious.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Time for Thyme Again- Don's Big Day
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »
Dear Readers, Thyme has marched on as it will and many of our family members are about to reach the age where everything aches and nothing really works the way it should.  This is the scary Thyme because we know what has to happen soon after that.  One of our dear family members, Don Lothario, has taken his task in this dynasty to heart and has worked long and hard to achieve the goals set for him.  Today is Don't big day.  Several announcements have been made suggesting a birthday party for him.............................

Don's Big Day

Christian Patel:  I hope I'm not too early!  Do you think Dad has figured out we're throwing him a big party?

W: Nah.....he's pretty clueless sometimes.  You got here in plenty of time.  You could go check and see how things are moving along.

Christian:  Right!  He's going to be so happy!

Richard and Charley Whitley:  (Richard) This is so cool!  So many of Dad's kids are going to be here.  We finally get to meet some of our other sybs.
(Charley)  Yeah.  I hope they're nice.  Should be fun anyway.  And with Spring cooking you know the food will be great.

Chelsie Caliente:  Nice bathroom.   Pee while I have the chance.  Wonder if Veronica and Esther will be able to make it.  No RSVP from them.

Mal:  Helooooo ladies!  Here for the big bash I see?  (how come no one ever throws a party like this for me?)

W:  Maybe it's because you don't have a bunch of kids?

Londyn Caliente, Jaimie Alonzo, Chelsie:  (Londyn)  Think I'll go grab some eats before it's all gone.
(Jaimie)  No rush, Londyn......Spring keeps putting out more food.  With this hoard to feed her cupboard is gonna be bare.

Denzel Patel:  This is some party.  I hope some of the girls are not related!  Ah well, at least the food is good and plentiful.

Jocelyn Alonzo, Dawson Caliente, Solomon Lew:  (Jocelyn)  Spring is going to have to put out another cake.  We've pretty much demolished this one.  How is it?
(Dawson)  Great!  Haven't seen you around for awhile.  Been busy?
(Jocelyn), Yeah.  Job hunting.

Ratna Holiday:  Carrot cake!! My favorite!

Marielle Lew, Solomon Lew:  (Marielle)  It is so pretty here!  I love this garden and all the toys!
(Solomon)  Me too.  I love the cake more!

Ratna Holiday:  You kids behave now!  No running and be careful to not get hurt on the jungle gym.

Juliet:  Ohhhh Richard!   Yoo hoo!  Wait up!

Richard:  Sorry Jules.  Can't..............I think Dad's on the way...............

We'll get back to Don's big day a little later.  Wasn't it nice meeting some of his kids?  They're a good looking bunch too, aren't they?  See ya in a few........

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Alarianna

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »
yep Don is ... da dad ... *waiting to see Don's multiple reaction faces*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2015, 05:24:05 PM »
Watcher:  Surprise!!!

Don:  Oh, my goodness!  You guys!  You shouldn't have.  I never expected anything like this.

W:  Well, Don, you've done such a good job for this dynasty we all felt you deserved it.  Ever see so many of your kids in one place?  (ever know so many?)

Don:  Wow. I just don't know what to say!  Thank you.  I'm really touched by this.  I just don't know what to say......*sniff*

W:  Why Don, is that a tear I see?

Don: *clears throat* harummphff......Naw, just the candles made my eyes bright, that's all.

W: Right.

Don:  It's pretty overwhelming.  I didn't know some of them even knew me, or that they cared.  I haven't been able to be much of a part of their lives you know.  Always working for the dynasty and doing stuff for Spring.  Seems like just yesterday when she asked me to join this family.  I'm really touched.

W: So make a wish and blow out the candles already.

Don:  I wish all my kids would have a good, happy, healthy, prosperous life and that they'd know I love them.  *takes big breath*

Jocelyn:  Whoo hoo!  Happeeeee Birthdayyy Dad!  *party poppers, throws confetti*

W:  Ok, this is where we get the weird music twirly thing bright lights  and you......

Jocelyn:  Whoa!  Don't hurt yourself there, Dad.

Don:  Ooooffff!  No one said it was gonna hurt.  My back is killing me.

Jocelyn:  You'll be ok.  Just give it a few minutes to set in.  Let's go eat and meet the rest of the kids.

Don:  Errrrrr, hi?  Nice to meet you all?  Some shindig you all threw together.  You all doing ok?

Ethan:  We're fine Dad.  Happy birthday and all that. *general sounds of party babble and fun*.......You know everyone here?

Don:  Huh?  Oh, yeah.  Thanks.  Yeah, I've met everyone from time to time.   Not all here though.

Jaimie:  Happy birthday, Dad.  No, some of us are by the garden party area and a few just couldn't make it.  Had to keep the list down to 15 you know.

Romeo:  Sounds like everything is going ok.  He was actually pretty surprised.
Londyn:  Yeah it's not every day you get so many of us all together. Must be quite a surprise. 
Charlie:  Well, I'm glad we did it.  Just wish we ALL could have been here.

Don:  So, Jaimie how are things going with you guys now?  Everything ok?  This was such a surprise.  I imagine you had a big hand in it.

Jaimie:  We're ok, Dad.  Thanks for asking. Actually, it was Spring and the Watcher's idea.  We all pitched in but Spring cooked up a ton of food ahead of time and she'll be making drinks and all as the party goes on.

Jocelyn:  Everyone ok here?  Got enough to eat and drink?  How about you, Rudy?  You're one of the Lew triplets, right?

Rudy:  Yes, mam.  I'm one of them and yes, I've got plenty to eat.  Best food ever!

Don:  It's good to see so many of you.  I just wish I could have been more involved in your lives while you were growing up.

Rudy:  You could read us a story!  That would work, wouldn't it?

Chelsie:  So, Dad, how's it feel to be old?  *kids giggle*

Don:  I'm not THAT old and right now I've got a story to read.  Here's a new one written by our very own Romeo Landgraab.

Don:  Once upon a time, there were three children sitting at a table with their Dad.........*kids listening intently*

Spring:  Chelsie this is going so well!  Thanks for all your help.  What would you like to drink?............

Chelsie:  He is really quite the old dear isn't he?  A Fizzy Zebra would be nice....

Marielle:  Is that book really about us?  How would Mr. Romeo know about us anyway?  How come your hair is all grey?  Is it ok if we're up this late?  How come our moms aren't here?  Why do you have so many kids?  My Mom says you're a cad.  Is that a funny way of saying "Dad"?  How come you don't live with all your kids?    Why.............

Don:  You want to hear this story or not?

W:  Sooooo, did you have a nice day or what?

Don:  W.  it was fabulous.  Seeing all those children of mine.  I guess now I really know what being a "dad" is, and I'm not too sure I fit that bill.

W:  You do, ok Don.  If you didn't, they wouldn't have done this for you.

Don:  Yeah.  I guess you're right.

Don:  All I know is I'm happy.  Really happy.  Best day ever.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »
Rez:  Well, I guess I knew this was going to happen.  I mean, we're all about the same age, right?

W:  Right.  Sorry about this.  Spring made you a nice cake Rez, but you know she had to work.  Didn't want to take a chance of you aging up without a cake.  She'll do anything to keep you as happy as possible.

Rez:  Right.  She's been a good wife, my best friend, and lover.  I really didn't want any big party either.  Not after last night's blast.

W:  That was some party, wasn't it?  Didn't even end till 4 am.  I imagine we could probably find someone crashed out somewhere in the house or yard if we looked.  Ok, big guy.  No putting it off any longer.  You know it's gotta happen.

Rez:  Watcher, you and the family, and especially Spring, have made all my dreams come true.  Who knew this homeless guy would find such happiness?  Ok, my wish is.........as long a life as possible for me and Spring together and a successful dynasty.  Oh, and I'm not doing any of that silly spinning thing!

Rez:  Ok, then.  Not so bad.  I can handle this I think.

W:  Lookin' good, Rez.  You'll be fine.  Happy birthday.

Romeo:  This is pretty awesome, W.  I made this at work and look......I can clone stuff!  I'm trying for a potion right now.

W:  Yeah!  Pretty cool, Romeo.  Say, you did know today was Rez's birthday, right?

Romeo:  Yeah?  And your point is?  (hmmmm, pretty tasty.  I'm in a really good mood right now.)

W:  Maybe you should go and wish him happy or something?

Romeo:  As long as it doesn't mean another blow out party.  Gold medals are fine I guess but it was exhausting.  All those kids and not one of those girls would flirt with me!

W:  Maybe if you didn't insult them?

Romeo:  Whatever.  I'll bring one of these babies up to him as a gift.

Rez:  So, this will make me happy and feel like I've had all kinds of fun?

Romeo:  Should do.  Nice dye job on the hair. 

Rez:  Thanks.  Not sure it's honest though.  Thinking of switching back to normal grey.

Romeo:  Your choice, dude.  Anyway.......Happy Birthday.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2015, 07:34:26 PM »
Oh so much to love. I nearly had a tear in my eye as I met all of Don's kids. They are all so gorgeous and cute...and...and *sniff* So 'real' after meeting them all. Happy birthday Don and Rez. I'm sad Rez is an elder now. I know I'm going to bawl when 'it' happens. *Stands proud and owns her sentimental attachment to other peoples sims.* <blush>

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2015, 08:04:33 PM »
*Joins Play in standing tall for other people's Sims*  I know.  I've been dreading it.  Actually took a loooong hiatus from play.  Sigh.  Two things in life unavoidable, death and taxes.  Thanks for reading and for posting so many chapters.  Am in heaven.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2015, 04:28:03 AM »
Don and Malcolm, oh I haven't laughed like I did just now for ages and then Shea dreaming of an engagement ring. I can't eat my breakfast while reading xD I absolutely loved Don's birthday bash and meeting all his kids. Happy birthday to Rez, it's always at this point I'm getting ready to tear up.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »
Loved seeing some of Don's kids! Marielle was a cutie, her questions were hilarious. Also, Romeo looks so much like Mal! Happy birthday Don + Rez!

anything