Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59162 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »
Now that's what I call a fishing trip! Those two are just so perfect together.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 06:33:43 AM »
So, so cute, I really love this couple. I did not know anything about Siamese Fighting Fish but now I know a little.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 06:40:43 PM »
W:  Sometimes it's hard to recount all that happens in the lives of our watched ones.  We are there to help them through their struggles but sometimes it is time to just keep hands off.  These are the hardest times.  Times when "fate" steps in and gives us surprises. 

In the kitchen of Thyme Manor, Spring Thyme works hard every day to achieve her goal of becoming a Master Chef.  Dish after dish is prepared and eaten, and hour after hour winds up being spent on the treadmill by those who enjoy that food.  Spring is smart enough to stick to salads and fish tacos!  No Thyme for treadmills after all.

******************************************************************************************

Spring:  Bread!  Hey, Watcher I can make bread!

W:  Yes, dear and I'm gluten intolerant so enjoy.

Spring:  You are not!  You just say that to yourself so you can avoid carbs.  I saw you sneaking one of my lemon bars last night.

W: Busted

W:  So what's next to torment me with?

Spring:  Check out what I can do!  Cake Thyme.  lol

W:  Birthdays?

Spring:  Nah.  Not yet.  I think we all age up in a few days.  I'm just keeping busy so I don't have to listen to Nancy howl.  Makes me nervous.

W:  Wait!  What?  Is it time?  Is she????   Nancy, wait for me!

Sprng:  *snickers*  Never thought she could run so fast.

Nancy:  *breathing*  Ok......ok......This is worth it, right?  Ok.......breathing......breathing.... Geoffrey!!!!  Where the heck is he?  Oh when I get my hands on him.......breathe......just breathe

W:  Nanceeeee!  Wait!  Wait.....I.....oh no.  Oh dear heavens... TWINS!!!! You don't DO twins Nancy!  This is a full house now!!  Oh my goodness.  We'll never make the dynasty now.  Oh, poor Spring.  Errr....congratulations dear.

Nancy:  Aren't they adorable?  Wait?  You don't have your camera?  How could you Watcher?!!  My precious babies don't even get a sparkle moment? 

W:My bad.  Sorry.  You kind of took me by surprise.  So.....what are their names?

Nancy:  Seeing as how I've been writing romances lately, they are Romeo and Juliet.  The most beautiful babies in the entire Simiverse.

******************************************************************************************

W:See what I mean by surprises?  Surprised me enough to be totally unprepared and not have a camera handy.   However, later in the day we were in for another surprise.  Here comes Mal.......

*****************************************************************************************

Mal:  MOM!  Hey, you look great!  Must of birthed the bra.....uh baby, eh?  And......check it out!  Ta da!  Top student in the school!

Nancy:  Congratulations, Malcolm dear!  You worked so hard for it. 

Mal:  So I take it my syb is here?  What?  Twins?  Mom!  Talk about taking away my thunder!

Nancy:  Not at all, Mal.  You are my first born and precious son.  I'm so very proud of you. 

Mal:  No worries, Mom.  I'm a Landgraab aren't I?  Heir to fame and fortune?  Now, where are my brother and sister?  Awwwww....aren't you the cutie then?

Mal:  Who's the prettiest little baby in the world?  You are.  Yes, you are.  I'm your big brother Malcolm and I am going to take really good care of you.  Yes, I am.  Yes, I am. *whispers* and if you get in my way you little brat I'll smash your doll house and all your little toys

Nancy:  Uh...Mal?  Everything ok over there?  Make sure you hold her head carefully dear.

Mal:  Oh, sure Mom.  Got it!  She's so adorable, isn't she?  *to self....well....I guess she really is kind of cute.  Hey kid, you wanna join me in a life of crime?*

Nancy:  What?  Did you say something?

Mal:  Oh, nothing Mom.  Just telling Juliet she got here just in time.  I think she's hungry.  Want me to feed her? 

Nancy:  Sure, honey.  Wow, I'm surprised you are being such a good big brother.  Bottle's over there.

Mal: * softly so Nancy doesn't hear* Hush, little minion, don't you cry.  Grim's gonna get you bye and bye....She's so cute, Mom.  So...now a burp, right?

Nancy:  That's right dear.  We don't want any upset baby tummies.

Mal:  Right.  *and if you barf on me I just might drop you* 

Mal:  Oh, the things I have planned for you two.  We're going to make such a great team.

Mal:  Time for nighty night.  I've got homework to do.

W:  Later on that evening........

Spring:  Hello, little prince!  What a darling boy you are.  You are so handsome, and smart.  Auntie Spring is going to love you guys so much.

Spring:  You are such an angel.  Some day maybe I'll have a little darling nooboo just like you, won't I?  Yes, I will. *humms to baby* "Hush, little baby, don't say a word, Auntie's gonna buy you a mockingbird......."

Spring:  You know I love you, don't you?  Yes, you do.  Look at that sweet smile.

Spring:  A quick change for our little Princess Juliet and then it's dinner time.  Come here, sweetie.  Auntie will have you nice and comfy in just a second.  *cooing*

************************************************************************************************

Nancy:  Spring, thank you so much for making pancakes!  You know they're my favorites and I've had to be so careful while pregnant.

Spring:  You're welcome, Nance.  After all that hard work you deserve a treat and some carbs to keep your energy up.  The work isn't over.  I just wish I........

Rez:  *clears throat*  Yeah, great meal hon!  Who says you can't have breakfast for dinner eh?

Don:  Well I for one vote for having 'em more often.  After all, we can always work those carbs off in the gym.  Anyone up for some weight training?  A jog?  No?  Say, Nancy, congratulations on the twins.  Man was that a surprise!  Both as cute as can be.

Nancy:  Thank you, Don.  They're the last Geof and I will have, of course so I'm happy to have two instead of just one.  Of course, Malcolm is a hard act to follow.  Did you hear he's top of his class now?

Spring:  Mal!  Great work!  I'm very happy to hear it.

Mal: *blushes*  errrr.  Thanks.

Spring:  So listen you guys.  You've all been working really hard for this dynasty and I appreciate it.  I've gotten several promotions now and things are moving along nicely.  There are only a few more things at this stage but that's on me I guess.

W:  Or me.  Chill, Spring.  You're doing fine.

Spring:  As I was saying.....you've all worked really hard.  Don, we won't say much about your extra curricular activities but the paintings you are putting out are awesome and definitely help with the cash flow.  Nancy, hard at work writing those wonderful books, right up till the moment of birth.  Kudos!  Geof, holding down the fort at work and working so hard in the garden is a big help, thank you.  Mal, you're holding up your end as well.  Those grades are awesome and the garden couldn't be what it is without you helping there.  Rez, well, darling, you do it all.  First and foremost you keep me happy and focused and always inspired.  You are doing wonders in that garden.  Might want to whittle it down a tad in the future but pretty soon I know there will be certain special flowers.  Thanks, everyone.  Let's lift a glass of juice to us all!  Cheers!

W:*sighs*  Till tomorrow, Spring.  You've done well.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:56 PM »
I love Malcolm's character. His interactions with the twins were perfect! And twins! Oh my, that's going to make thyming tricky for getting an heir. Cripes!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »
I love Malcolm's character. His interactions with the twins were perfect! And twins! Oh my, that's going to make thyming tricky for getting an heir. Cripes!

*fingers, eyes and everything possible crossed*  Yeah.  It was quite a surprise when she popped out twins.  Rez, Don, and Spring are all YA still so if she gets her promotions on time she MIGHT be able to make it before she's too old to reproduce.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I've been a lurker for a bit, but wow!  Twins?  Talk about a surprise XD I hope everything works out for you Joria!  I love your writing, btw.  It's fantastic!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 04:31:45 AM »
Malcolm Landgraab, if those twins come to harm - not that they would - I'll unleash Kessy on you  ;) Twins, so unexpected and what others names would Nancy have given them but those of the two tragic lovers?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 02:55:28 PM »
Hahaha. Made me snort...lol. Wonderful story!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »
Thanks, everyone for reading and your comments.  Twins were definitely a shock.  I figured on one future helper, not two.  Or at least not two at the same time!  As for siccing Kessy on him, the last time I saw Mal he was running fast, looking over his shoulder and shaking.  lol  I'm not sure which would be worse, Kessy or Colt.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2015, 12:48:17 AM »

Rez:  So, what do you think Mal?  Should I pop the question or not?

Mal:  Whatever, dude.  She's your woman.  You know the dynasty rules.  They include nooboos but not necessarily marriage.  You interested in doing a Don Lothario or what?

Rez:  Nope.  Not my style.  More like your folks.  So where are they anyway?

Mal:  Upstairs.  It's time for the wounder children to age up.  Wouldn't want to miss that, not would they?

Romeo:  Whoa!  Look at me!  I'm a real boy! 

Geof:  Welcome, son.  We're going to have a great life together here.  Kitchen's downstairs and the fridge is stocked with some pretty great food.  Why not go get yourself a snack while we help your sister age up?

Romeo:  Ok, Dad.

Geof:  Oh, and you might want to check out the dresser and mirror.  Pj's are pretty good but no telling what your day time clothes are like.

Nancy:  I think she's ready Geof.  I'm seeing sparkles.

Nancy:  Welcome, Juliet!  My, aren't you the pretty one.  Go ahead downstairs with Romeo and get a bite to eat.  Then it's dresser time, sweety.

Juliet:  Right, Mom.

Nancy:  Geof, did we do the right thing?  I love our beautiful children so dearly but will this mess up the dynasty?  I hope they actually have a decent life.  I hate to think they'll just be slaves here and not have any fun or careers or anything.

Geof:  Nancy, it's going to be ok.  We've done well and they will do well too.  I age up tomorrow and you won't be far behind so some decent folks will be needed to take our place and we'll make sure these kids are decent.  Let's go join them.  I'm a bit peckish myself.

**************************************************************************************************

Did you see what your Dad did the other day?  I'm telling ya, ya gotta watch him.  Since he aged up he's getting a little ........well....you know.  I was in the garden and.......

CP:  Moooooo. (rattles bell and waves cake enticingly)

Geof:  Why, hello there old friend.  Time to play?  OH!  You've got some cake for me!

CP:  Mooooo *snickers* 

Rez:  Don't do it Geof.  It's not safe.

Geof:  Oh, surely just a little taste.  She was so kind to make it you know.  Probably because someone forgot to bake me one for my birthday.  *reaches for cake*

CP:  *laughs with sinister laughter*  Mooo, dear buddy.  Moove a little closer.  That's...................Moooowahahahaha

Rez:  Spit him out CP.  You don't want me to come over there and deal with you, now do you?

CP:  *gags* *sullenly*  Moo!  No fun.

Geof:  Oooofff!  Yukkk!  Cow slime!  I thought we were friends, CP.

CP:  Moo. (that's for teasing me with my dinner)

Rez:  It just might be time to get rid of CP.  As a pet he's not much fun.

********************************************************************************************

W:  Ok, I admit it.  I haven't been very organized and haven't done a great job keeping you all informed about what's going on in our little family.  One of the major things that happened was, the day after Rez had his conversation with Mal, he'd made a big decision.

********************************************************************************************

Spring:   Mmmmmm. *stretches*  Oh, what a beautiful morning....Rez?  Where are you sweetheart?.......

Rez:  In the kitchen.  Got the coffee all made.

Spring:  Wonderful man!

Rez:  Spring, I love you with all my heart.  Seeing those kiddies and how you are with them, well....I'd like some of our own.  Beautiful lady, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?  I can't offer you much.  Just my heart.

Spring:  Oh, Rez!  Yes, yes, of course I'll marry you.  You've made me so deliriously happy.

Rez:  We've got a lot of plans to make sweetheart.  A lot to talk over and decide.  Your answer has made me the happiest man in the Simiverse, but I'm a little nervous too.

Spring:  Honey, it's all going to work out.  When the time is right we'll call in some caterers, ring up our friends and do it.  I want a nice wedding.  Lots of flowers and friends and good food and our own, family wedding "chapel".  Can we do that?

Rez:  Sounds perfect to me.  When?

Spring:  I think we should wait till the twins are old enough to enjoy it too.  Also, Nancy and Geof are getting on in years and I don't want to stress them out.  Mal has to get settled in his new job at Oasis Sciences.  We're still young.  We have time.  We have our love and each other.  The rest can wait.

W:  And so can we.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 12:54:43 AM »
*Melt* Rez is so lovely. Poor Geoff and CP, still, I bet the essence of____ came in handy!  ;)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 10:37:25 AM »
Yes, it's tempting to feed Geoff to the cowplant to free up a spot, but unless he was lured there by his AI, you'd violate the rules of "No intentional killing" and Metro would lower the BOOM on you.  ;)

Hopefully one of the elders will drop dead. You really should have had Spring procreate first before having Geoff and Nancy Try for Baby. Twins and trips are ALWAYS on the menu with the Goddess of Fate's sick twisted sense of humor.

Here's praying the twins don't cause ANOTHER failure! I want you to truly succeed in this challenge after so many failures you moaned about. :(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2015, 11:11:34 AM »
Aw, Rez is so romantic and making me melt. Oh, you bad Watcher, keeping me waiting to see what Juliet looks like. Romeo in his PJs loks like a mini Johnny Zest  :P So sad to see Geoffrey as an elder already, I'm so attached to them now.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2015, 11:35:05 AM »
Rez and Spring are so perfect together. Can't wait to see the twins with their makeovers!  :D  And although it's awful to say, I really hope a spot gets freed up soon so Spring can have her heir in time.  :-[