Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59126 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »
Here's a sneak peek.  I've now gotten the over 300 screenshots of the wedding down to 34, (no kidding I took that many shots), so in order to whittle it down to 33, I present to you the wedding garden.  This is where all the dynasty weddings will take place.

Notice the VIP fencing.  I got so tired of guests getting their big, fat heads in the way of good screenshots I decided to fence the arch off.  Once the bride and groom are ready I undo a section, send them in, and then replace the fence.  Works like a charm.  Of course, the guests still get up and try to horn in but they can't get close enough to spoil the shots.  They also still play musical chairs, which can be very annoying, but at least the vows are said with Rez and Spring able to just focus on one another.

Why are there still so many shots?  Well, it's not what's happening between the bride and groom it's all the other drama going on~~!  And that's all I have to say about that.   ;)  Thanks for reading and commenting.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »
Now I really can't wait for the wedding. The wedding area is stunning. I would love to see pictures of the whole garden too but I know you're playing in advance of posting etc.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2015, 04:52:31 AM »
Oh, i really dislike my crazy work schedule I'm missing out on my favourite stories! Anyway, I loved the fishing trip and the wedding area is simply beautiful - please post the wedding soon I want to see all the drama  ;D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 03:43:44 PM »
W: I thought you said you had some thyme off before you had to get back to work.

Spring:  Oh, hi W.  Yeah, I do.  I just told Mal I'd help work on his upgrade of this rocket.  Besides, Juliet is over the moon about our even having one.  Get it?  "Over the moon." ?

W:  She still going on about becoming an astronaut?

Spring:  Yeah.  She's got the grades to get into the academy but I'm concerned about her weight.

W:  You know she may never have a career per se?  Right?  She was born to be a helper.

Spring:  She's just a kid, Watcher.  I'm not going to burst her bubble right now.  Let her dream.  Besides, she at least will level up rocket science skills and have a few adventures even if she can't get into the academy.  Ok.  Done for now.  Time to hit the books.  I've got recipes to learn.

W:  Well, you all look hard at work.  How goes the herbalism Rez?

Rez:  Slow.  I need some rare plant and bugs to be able to do any of the recipes.  Got a few from transforming but not nearly enough nor the right kind.  Know where I can get the seeds?

W:  Well, you might try that Granite Falls campground.  Heard there's some recluse there growing some pretty strange stuff.

Rez:  Ok, maybe one day.  Meanwhile I'll keep hitting the books.  Got those transforming too.

W:  How you kids doing?  Keeping up those good grades?

Juliet:  Oh, yeah, W.  Doing real well.  Except......can you give me a hand with the math?

W: Errrrr....Gotta run.  Catch you later.....

Romeo:  *snickers*  Good one, Sis.  Works every time.

Juliet: She sure hates math.  Ok, done.  Time for my work out.  Join me?

Romeo:  Sure.  Soon as a finish this essay.

Juliet: *panting*  Take........that.......space pirate scum.......

Romeo:  Jules you take this way too seriously.  Pace me with the cardio.  Spring says I'm getting a gut like our Dad.

Juliet:  It's in the genes bro.  I get big.......well.....you know.  Endowments.  You get the gut.  I'm just going to keep working till I'm really thin and buff.  Nothing is going to keep me out of the academy.

Romeo:  Except maybe the Watcher..........

******************************************************************************************

Spring:  This was such a good idea.

Romeo:  Well, the kids are old enough to take care of themselves and we really needed some time alone.  Seems like we never have time to just talk things over.

Spring:  I know, right?  We've got some pretty big plans to make and some decisions.  I figure we'll have the wedding right at home.  You built such a beautiful garden chapel for it.

Rez:  Thanks, hon.  You know, I want our day to be as perfect as possible.  No big fuss, just you and me and the kids.......

Spring:  Whoa!  Hold on there!  I definitely want a big wedding.  Huge even.  Lots of friends, good food, gorgeous dress.  The works. 

Rez:  Really?  You sure?  I mean, that's a lot of work and short notice.  You really need that?  Does that mean I have to wear a monkey suit?  You know, tux and all?

Spring:  *happy sigh*  I can hardly wait.  You will look so handsome.  There is just something about a man in a tuxedo that makes your heart race.  So romantic and suave and.........

Rez:  Not goofy looking?  I mean, guys just wanna be comfortable and.......

Spring:  Honey, it's not going to be any more uncomfortable than any other clothes you wear.  You are the handsomest man in the world, you know.  I want to show you off to all those females who lost out.  You're mine and I want everyone to see how lucky I am.

Rez:  Ok, sweetheart.  Tessoro mio.  My treasure.  For you I would do anything.  I'd lasso the moon for you if you wanted it, so a little dressing fancy won't hurt me.

Spring:  How is it you always know how to say exactly the right thing?  I'm so lucky you asked me to marry you.

Spring:  Ok, I'm going to call right now and get things started!

Rez:  Patience is definitely not one of your stellar qualities.  *chuckles*  Go for it.

Spring:  You're such a tease!  Done.  Now......didn't we want to do other stuff while we're alone?

Rez: C'mere and I'll show you.

Spring:  Let's finish this up back home.

**************************************************************************************

Spring:  Thank you honey.  This has been a wonderful evening.  We should date more often.

Rez:  Do married people go on dates?

Spring:  I don't know, my love.  But we will.

Rez:  So, it's tomorrow?

Spring:  Tomorrow.  I can hardly wait.  Sweet dreams darling.  Dream of us and tomorrow...............

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 04:26:55 PM »
I'm fairly sure that happily married people go on dates!  I'm looking forward to the wedding, the preview of the location looked really good.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »
The day dawned bright and clear.  The perfect kind of day every bride wishes for.  What is the saying?  "Happy the bride the sun shines on." ?  Today Spring was definitely going to be a happy bride.  Bob Pancakes had agreed to cater the affair, the tables were all set up, a garden kitchen and bar in place, a mixologist hired and almost everyone they knew invited.  Nothing was going to go wrong.  The soft strains of Richard Wagner's Lohengrin, Wedding March began to play as Rez and Spring waited for everyone to assemble.

Rez:  Are you ready for this my love?

Spring:  More than ready, darling.  Let's do it.

The bride was radiant.  Her eyes misted up but it wasn't a day for tears.  It was a day for unending joy.  The groom was nervous, of course.  He had stopped fidgeting with his collar, and for the love of this beautiful woman, he would do all in his power to make this the most memorable day of her life.  As the guests filed in and began to take their seats, they started to say their vows.....

Rez:  Wherever you go, I will go.  Wherever you live, so shall I live.  Your people will be my people, and your quest, will be my quest too.

Spring:  Wherever you go, I will go.  As long as I live, so shall you live.  Whenever you die, my heart will die, and there it will be buried beside you.

Rez:  I want to say something to you who have become the essence of the fabric of my life.  The color and texture you have brought into my being has become a song that I want to sing forever.  When the time of my particular sunset comes, my accomplishments won't really matter a great deal, but the clarity and care with which we have loved will speak with vitality of the great gift of life and love we have been for each other.  Spring, will you take this flawed man, who loves you above all others, to be your spouse and the keeper of your heart?

Spring:  I will.  You have brought me joy.  You have brought me hope.  Most of all you have brought me the great gift of your undying love.  I will love you forever, as you have loved me.  I give you my love, my life, my faithfulness and my heart.  Will you take me, selfish as I am, to be your spouse and keeper of your heart?

Rez:  I will,  with joy and gratitude for your love and commitment.

Spring:  This ring is a symbol of our love.  It has no beginning and no end.  It is eternal.  With this ring, I claim you as my spouse, my lover, my friend, forever.

W:  With the power invested in me by the Author, I now pronounce them husband and wife.

W:  Let the kissing begin!

Rez:  We did it, my love.  We did it.

Spring:  Rez, I love you so much.  Thank you for this beautiful day, and for your love.

Rez:  I love you, and always will.  Thank you for becoming my wife.

Thyme to PARTAY!!

*************************************************************************************

Author's Note:  It was too hard to whittle it down to just these.  I'm a romantic at heart so the reception and wedding had to be separate.  The words of their vows are taken in part from the Book of Ruth as sung by the Monks of Weston Priory.  I changed their beautiful words around to suit the occasion and the Sims.  These are the vows Steve and I sung to each other over forty years ago.  If you want to hear the original, (not sung by us), go here:

https://youtu.be/yGn3uENUEec

We still sing them to each other.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »
Oh Joria that is the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen in The Sims 4. The vows are beautiful. Your screenshots were just gorgeous. I have been so impatient waiting for this wedding but it was so worth the wait.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2015, 05:40:31 AM »
The wait was well worth it. What a charming wedding, clever idea to rope the couple in (no photobombing!) and the screenshots are oh so lovely. The guests look like they are behaving.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2015, 06:08:10 PM »
Thank you, Play and NJ for your kind comments.  I'm really glad you enjoyed the wedding.  I had fun writing all that mushy stuff.

Since everyone seems to be pretty bummed out by the friendship bug, and are not posting updates, (sniff, tears), and since I have months of screenies available, here's the reception...

W: Lovely wedding Spring.  What on earth are you doing?  Shouldn't you be attending to guests?

Spring:  Oh, hi Watcher!  Glad you could attend.  I AM attending to guests and quests!  Whipping up some cake and gourmet food for them and at the same time filling a requirement for doing three gourmet meals at one event.  Had to fire Bob Pancakes since he was only putting out mac and cheese.

W:  What's wrong with mac and cheese?

Spring: Oh, nothing.  I just don't consider it good enough for my wedding.  It certainly isn't something I'd make at a wedding unless it was specifically asked for.
...............a little vanilla...................

Spring:  I plan on a real feast.  Got this new buffet table and I plan on filling it with all kinds of goodies.................and now for my signature move and............

W: Well you wouldn't catch me trying that.  Especially not in a gorgeous white dress!

Spring:  Well, I plan on this being the wedding of the year.  Nice ceremony, lots of good food, plenty of juice....the works.  We have a really good turn out too.  Everyone I invited showed up including a few I didn't.  And  here they come......

W:  Looks to me like they are more interested in the juice bar.  Say...., isn't that Summer Holiday?

Spring:  Yes.  She crashed the party but it's ok.  We're good friends.  I just hope we don't have any problems.  Zoe Patel is here and she might just have a problem with so many of Don's gal friends being here as well.

W:  There may be difficulties.  Don was looking at Juliet in that gown in a very disapproving way and meanwhile Zoe has been giving Don the stink eye!

Spring:  Don is going to be lucky to escape with his life.  Did you catch the whole thing with Mal though?.............................

Mal:  Romeo......Romeo.......check out that chick over there.  The one in the yellow dress.  She's gorgeous.  I think she might be checking me out.

Romeo:  In your dreams, dude.  That's Zoe Patel.  One of Don's ........

Mal:  Pffffttt!  Don.  What's he got that I don't have?  He's not even a Landgraab.  I'm just as handsome, I have much better breeding and I'm filthy rich.

Romeo: Aaaaannnd you're an evil idiot who thinks insults are the way to a girl's heart.  Give it up, she's not for you.

Mal:  I can try, can't I?  Besides, Don is busy talking to Juliet about her dress.  I warned her but you know girls.  Always gotta be the main attraction......................................................................................

Don:  Hey, Jules.  I don't mean to come off like the old disapproving uncle or anything, but do you really think that dress is appropriate for a young lady your age?  You're just a teenager you know and the amount of cleavage I'm seeing..........

Juliet:  Put your eyes up here, Uncle Don!  Look, you've always said, "if you've got it, flaunt it!", well, I've got it and I'm flaunting it!  Besides, all the girls are wearing dresses like this nowadays.

Lilliana:  I agree with your Uncle Don young lady.  That dress is very inappropriate!

Juliet:  And just who asked your opinion Miss-dressed-more-for-a-rodeo-than-a-wedding-with-skanky-hair?  You can just butt your uninvited self out of family business!

Don:  Errrrrr........uhhhhh......hey, isn't that Cassandra Goth over there?  I didn't know......I think I should........*starts sweating*

Lilliana:  Donnnnneeeeee, are you going to let her talk to me like ..............

Don:  Yep!!!  That's her!  Hey, Cassie........*tries to beat a fast retreat*...........................................................

Spring:  Well, this sure turned out well!  Time to cut this baby and share with Rez.

Spring:  Hi, Johnny, thanks for coming!  It's really great to see you and so many of our friends here.

JZ:  You know me, Spring.  I'm always up for a good meal.  Say.....mind if I try a few routines for the crowd?

Spring:  Go ahead.  Any time you want to.  Meanwhile, it's time for Rez and I to share a bite of invisible cake.....Rez!  Rez, love.......you ready for some cake?  I think it's tradition.  Good luck or something.

Rez:  Sure honey.  But I'd rather be dancing with you.  All night long......

Spring:  Open wide!  *laughing hard*........mmmmffff.......good cake.....

Rez:  Really good cake!  The best you've ever baked.  I think I'm going to check out the juice bar though.  I doubt she does as good a job as you do................
and this one is?................

Random Mixologist:  It's called a Heart's Delight.  I just made that up. 

Rez:  Errrr....yeah.   Tasty.  Got a real zip to it.   Gotta go......

Spring:  Take a picture with me? 

Rez:  Sure honey.  Cheeeeeeesssse!

Spring:   Good one! 

Rez:  Hey, who's the handsome and completely happy dude there?  Gotta admit, I'm definitely photogenic.

Spring:  *giggles*  Yes, you are and standing right next to a gorgeous redhead.  Oh wait, that's me! 

Rez:  Well, you're certainly a gorgeous redhead. Check it out though.  We caught Don making eyes at two ladies at once.  Who do you think will be his next conquest?

W: 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2015, 02:25:47 AM »
The reception was lovely and I must agree with Don, really Lilliana, that dress is a little revealing for a teen! Your screen shots are great, it's so cool seeing all the 'famous' families and sims.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »
Oh, that is just fabulous, I need more! Don't ever stop! I really dislike Lillian, and what is Don doing looking at Jules' chest area? Very inappropriate behaviour to add to his um... other activities xD

I don't ever seem to get the bugs other people do, it's always the weird ones that affect me. I'm just not posting because I spent a month re-building my dynasty house, then the three new packs came out and I had to start again, lol.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »
@Playalot:  It was fun having so many well known faces there.  It's one of the reasons I liked playing in Union Cove.  You'd walk down the street and find Hebe and Voice and Pam Marsden and so many others.  I've made that section of the yard party central.  Glad you liked it.

@Nettlejuice:  Well, now you have to show us how the new dynasty house looks.  I've been redoing some of mine as well.  The upstairs is the same at the moment except I've started to add a picture gallery in that big hall.  As for Don, I had to cull the pictures hard but during most of the ceremony he was giving her the disapproving uncle look, and they were just too many.  He flirted with all the females at the party except Zoe who decided he was a real cad and never stopped being ticked at him.  Even Mal tried to acquire a girl friend, and failed thanks to his evil trait.  The only female Don matched up with who gave him less than gorgeous children was Lilliana.  They definitely needed a make over, but alas, it's a dynasty so no go.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2015, 01:25:22 PM »
Rez:  *hufff, puff, gasp*  Are you SURE this is necessary?  There's gotta be an easier way.

Don:  Absolutely sure.  That mad woman you married keeps putting out all those delicious high carb, high calorie dishes we love so well.  Gotta keep in shape for the ladies man, not to mention our own health.  Only way.

Rez:  Yikes!  Dang it!  I don't know how you do it so easily, Don.  Seems to me I'm more likely to break something than just keep fit and healthy.

Don:  It used to happen to me too when I first started out.  Just look at me now.  Nicely buff, strong and healthy and with all the gals swooning at my feet.  Just get back on that horse cowboy and run!

Rez:  Cowboys don't run, they ride.  I'd much rather be riding than running, but I get it.  Spring is planning some sort of soiree tonight and you know she'll pile on the food.  I swear, half the town shows up daily just to get one of her meals for free.  We oughta start a restaurant.

W:  Time, gentlemen.  You're done and you've gotta get ready for the party.

Rez:  Saved by the Watcher!...........................................................................

Don:  Let's get this party started!!  I'm in the mood to get down and boogie.  Soooo, Cassie.  Wanna cut a rug with me?

Cassandra:  Really, Don?  "Cut a rug"?  What century you from anyway?  But sure, I'll dance with you, but only here.  Your reputation precedes you.

Summer:  Ahhh, cut him some slack, Cassie.  You know you're interested.

Don:  And are you, uh interested Summer?

Summer:  Maybe.

Rez:  Chill, Don.  Spring's watching.  Sorry, guys, I think she wants something...

Spring:  Rez, honey!  Come and join me......don't want you too tired for.....you know.

Rez: *blushes*  Be right there, sweetheart!

Romeo:  So you're Don's daughter?  I never would have guessed he could make such beautiful kids.

Londyn:  You been taking lessons from him?  I'd swear you're trying to flirt with me.

Romeo:  Do you mind if I am?

W:  Hmmmmm.  I think it's thyme to wind this party down before we have a population explosion..................

Juliet:  Party?  Party!?  How is it a party for me?  I always get clean up duty!

W:  Well, if you had worn something a little more modest at the wedding instead of that flamboyant dress maybe you wouldn't be on their list.

Juliet:  Seems like I'm always on someone's list.  Except for Spring.  She never said a word.

W:  She could see Don had it under control and besides, she was kind of busy.

Juliet:  Like now?

W:  Yeah.  Just like now.  Time for bed kitten.  I think we should leave them alone.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2015, 02:27:26 PM »
Aww, what a lovely wedding! And a great reception. Your wedding area is absolutely lovely. Congratulations, Spring and Rez Thyme!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »
Dear Readers,  Watcher here.  I'm afraid we left you hanging relative to Don's issues with Zoe at the wedding.  We were just having too good a time to bring in the sad story of ...

Don Lothario - Rejected, Dejected and Unaffected

Don:  Zoe, I just don't understand.  I mean, we've had some fun together and you know how much I care about you and the kids, right?

Zoe:  Don't understand?  Don't UNDERSTAND!!!!!  Grrrrrrrr!  You IDIOT!  How could you not understand?

Don:  But, Zoe.  I only had eyes for you tonight.  You know that, right?

Zoe:  Eyes only for me eh?  While you were drooling all over that skanky-doesn't-know-how-to-dress-bad-hair-day Lilliana? Puh-leeze!

Zoe:  And don't go trying that romantic red light crap with me either!  I'm on to you Don Lothario.  Can't do it all by yourself and absolutely NEED love lights to get a girl in the mood!  Well, let me tell you, bozo, I am definitely NOT in the mood!

Don:  Gee.  I didn't know you felt so strongly about the lights.

Zoe:  Arrrrrrrrgggghhh.  Clueless!  You are so full of yourself you can't even begin to figure it out!

Don:  Harsh, Zoe.  That was a bit harsh.  I mean, I'm trying here aren't I?  I'm sitting here, trying to listen and understand.  I care, Zo, I really care.

Zoe:  Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh.  But Don, I don't think this relationship is good for either of us and it could hurt our children, Christian, Denzel and Kellen.  You don't want that, now do you?

Don:  You know I don't.  I love my kids, errrrrrrrrrrr, all of them.  But you most of all.

Zoe:  See?  That's just exactly what I mean.  You don't even know who has which kid and what their names are.

Don:  Now Zo, that's not fair.  I do so know who they are and I try really hard to see each one and take care of them the best I can.

Zoe:  Take care?  The occasional hello at the park is taking care?  Don, you're hopeless.  I gotta go...............

Zoe:  *crying*  I'm sorry, Don.  I really am.  It's over.

Don: *whispers*  OMG Watcher, what do I do now?  I can't lose Zoe.  She's so beautiful and I care about her.  I can't just let her go.

W:  I think you blew it big guy.  She's pretty upset.  Bad enough Lilliana but did you have to flirt with every unattached female at the party in front of Zoe?  I mean.......pretty dumb. 

Don:  *Still whispering*  Help me out Watcher.  Please?

W:  Oh all right.  Big softie I am.........click...

Zoe:  You had the Watcher do this didn't you?  Not even any privacy not to mention class for you.  First the light, then the Watcher and that ridiculous outfit! Really, Don?  Really?

Don:  Now hang on sweet cheeks.  A guys gotta give it his best shot now doesn't he?  *shoots cupid's arrow*

Zoe:  Oh, Don.  I really feel for you.  The whole beguiling thing?  Doesn't work anymore.  Sorry, Don.  I'm done.  I'm really, really, done.  You are SUCH an idiot.  Good bye.

Don:  Zoe!  Please, Zoe...........don't go..........she's right................idiot

Five minutes later, as the sun rises in the east...

Don:  Well, helloooooo, neighbor.  Nice to see you again!  Uh, Shea, wasn't it?

Shea Lew:  Hello, Don.  Thought I'd stop by and wish Spring happy and borrow her recipe for roast chicken.  She can really cook!  Oh, that's my big brother over there.  He likes to keep an eye on me and my sister.

Don:  You have a sister?  I mean.......that's nice.  Good he takes care of you.

Shea:  Nice?  I guess so.  If you don't mind not having a life or a boyfriend or ever get a kiss.

Don:  Soooooo, no boyfriend?  Husband?  All unattached?

Shea: Yeah.  Lonely, lonely life.  I love him and all, but you don't ever want to be smooching with your bro.

Don:  Well, we can take care of that right here and now while he isn't looking!

Don:  Shea, I think we're going to make beautiful ba....er...music together.  Yep, beautiful music.

And so heals a broken heart.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything