Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59110 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
Mal looks like a character out of Guys and Dolls.

Wellll, he's too thin for Nicely Nicely, not buff enough for Skye Masterson, but he COULD be my Nathan Detroit!  (I played Adelaide 40 years ago, lol.  Still remember the songs.)

Rez and Spring are so perfect together. Can't wait to see the twins with their makeovers!  :D  And although it's awful to say, I really hope a spot gets freed up soon so Spring can have her heir in time.  :-[

Not to worry.  Nooboo Thyme, (not the real name, lol)  does happen just in time.

Romeo in his PJs loks like a mini Johnny Zest  :P So sad to see Geoffrey as an elder already, I'm so attached to them now.

You are SO right!  He is definitely Zesty.  Yes, Geoffrey is old in these shots, but don't forget this is after weeks of my game play.  I just was lousy about taking pics at first.  What makes me sad is he never really is a success at his job or anything.  Poor guy. 

Yes, it's tempting to feed Geoff to the cowplant to free up a spot, but unless he was lured there by his AI, you'd violate the rules of "No intentional killing" and Metro would lower the BOOM on you.  ;)

Hopefully one of the elders will drop dead. You really should have had Spring procreate first before having Geoff and Nancy Try for Baby. Twins and trips are ALWAYS on the menu with the Goddess of Fate's sick twisted sense of humor.

Here's praying the twins don't cause ANOTHER failure! I want you to truly succeed in this challenge after so many failures you moaned about. :(

Thanks for the good wishes, Etnafan!  Geoffrey was always wandering out to CP to try to take the cake, even though we had a fridge full.  No way I'd deliberately feed a weakened Sim to CP, and from what I've seen and read, CP has to eat them twice for it to be fatal.

Having Geof and Nancy procreate first was actually part of my game plan.  This, by the way, is the first time there has been a game plan!!  Twins were a bit of a shock at first, and I almost started over, but since it was right at the start I don't think it will have a negative impact.  As for Spring getting pregnant, well, I'm old fashioned as well as old.  For me it's "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Spring with a baby carriage."  So except for the final heir, my Sims will proceed in that order. 

*Melt* Rez is so lovely. Poor Geoff and CP, still, I bet the essence of____ came in handy!  ;)

You know, I've not used it yet?!!   ::)  *makes not to self, use essence of focus*  Derrrr.

Thanks everyone for reading and putting up with my cobbling pics together to move the story along to the point I'm actually at.  I so want to tell you but guess you gotta wait.   ;)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »
W:  Hey, Spring!  How's it goin'?

Spring:  As if you didn't know O-mover- and-shaker of Sims!  Actually, it's going very well at the moment.  Mal, so far, is a decent responsible YA who is working hard.  He's been getting some really good advice from his father and seems to be listening to it.

Spring:  Geof has been impressing on him how important a part of this dynasty he is and how if he wants a good life he needs to make sure we don't fail.  So he's been doing his bit in the garden and fishing and all.  Even better he talked to his dad about his career choices.  He wanted to quit and become a musician.  Geof listened to him and talked him into keeping it just as a hobby and a way to relax and have fun.  Maybe it would help with his social life.  He doesn't make friends easily, you know.  It's that evil trait.

W:  One of the many reasons I'd advise against him ever taking over Don's "job".

Spring:  Oh, no worries on that score!  Don really takes his job seriously.  The other day, after I'd had another promotion, we were having a late night dinner party.  Everyone was eating and chatting away.  The Zestmeister was over as was Zoe Patel.  So what was Don doing?  He claimed later on he was just testing out his new seduction suit.

W:Obviously it worked.  Or his charm did.  I expect we'll see some little Patels soon.  Once he gets them back in the Passion Pit it's all over with.

Spring: *snickers*  Yeah, he's a pretty "productive" member of the household. 

W: *lols*  Don't sell Malcolm short though.  He's really doing very well at his job.  The other day I watched him at work.  Made a pretty interesting object and then made another to share with the family.

W:  He's very accurate and demanding too.  He says that big gizmo that does the welding is his best friend.  Only friend I think.  Except maybe for his mom and dad.

Spring:  Well, that ray gun he made for the family is a mixed blessing.  He gave it to Rez, who immediately started using it on all the collectibles we'd gathered up.  He just had a blast with it.  At least until he almost set the house on fire!

W:That didn't seem to stop him though.  He's actually come up with some neat stuff doing this.

Spring:  No, it didn't stop him.  As soon as the fire was out he was right back at it.

W:Mal isn't the only one who likes music, you know.  Romeo is pretty good at it and so is Rez.  Your last fishing trip, did you miss someone?

Spring:  Yeah, Romeo.  He wandered off to play the violin in peace and quiet.  Our peace and quiet!  He is good though.  It's his creative trait showing up.  He's so adorable.

Spring:  He's going to be quite the heart breaker I think.  Too bad he and Juliet will have to remain single.  Such is the life of a dynasty drone.  The two of them are really cute.  Juliet is determined she is going to be a world class scientist or astronaut and Romeo wants to enter the world of the arts.  We'll see.

W:They both work really hard.  It's costing you a lot though in sleep potions so they can work on their skills.  Romeo is quite the artist but Juliet, our resident whiz kid, is determined that anything he can do she can do also.

Spring:  Yeah.  So while she draws the night away, Romeo gets to have some fun with his motor skills.  They'll both be just fine.

Spring:  Well, it's been nice chatting with you Watcher but now it's time for me to chug down this moodlet manager and pop off to work.  Don't ever want to be late for that!  Cya tomorrow!

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2015, 03:45:39 AM »
That was just lovely. I actually feel for Malcolm, only having his parents and his robot inventor as friends, poor guy. Don is just priceless!  ;D 'nuff said! How gorgeous the twins are, such sweet little beings. Your whole sim family is just adorable.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 03:54:30 AM »
Ah, poor Mal, I've mistreated him too much lol. At least you have given him an important job. The twins are too precious, shame they won't have any kids of their own.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »
I love this. It's Thyme I started commenting. I hope you have success this time round!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2015, 06:04:42 PM »
 Sorry for not posting for a bit.  My Mediafire went belly up and I totally panicked and had hysterics.  After coming as far as I have in this dynasty it was too much to bear thinking I was going to lose it due to technical difficulties.  I couldn't access any of my screenie files.  Took all day and then dh finally conceded and we called the Mediafire help.  All fixed in no time.  Big sigh of relief but I definitely needed a chance to decompress.  So now we can move on and see what Thyme it is.

***************************************************************************************

Spring:  Phew!  Watcher this has been one busy day!  Really, couldn't you have planned it out better?

W:  Huh?  What are you going on about now?

Spring:  Birthdays of course!  Did you have to do make it so they ALL happened on the same day?  I went absolutely nuts trying to keep up with the cakes!

W:  Well, I'm really delighted to know you think I'm so omnipotent but I actually didn't do it this time.  Blame the Makers. 

Spring:  Yeah, right.  The "Makers".  Mythological beings who supposedly created us all, right?  As if. 

W:  Ok, whatever.  So who aged up?

Spring:  Everyone, that's who.  Ok, Nancy and Geof did it sooner with no fuss or problems but today was just chaos.  First it was the twins.  I admit, they are adorable and I didn't mind making them a cake.  I hadn't even gotten them completely baked when they showed up.

W: Two cakes?

Spring:  Well, of course.  You didn't expect them to share now did you?  Juliet likes white cake with sprinkles and Romeo likes chocolate cake.  They're good kids would have liked any cake at all but it didn't hurt to have Auntie Spring bake them individual cakes.  Juliet went first, of course but Romeo was already in midst of celebration. 

W: It was pretty funny watching her trying to blow out the candles before he finished sparkling.  He looks a lot like Zesty.  I think there might be a family connection there.

Spring:  Rumors, Watcher.  Just rumors.  You know Geof has always been faithful to Nancy.

W:  Uh, huh.  But what about HIS father?  Well, guess it doesn't matter.  He's a nice guy.  You might consider making him a part of the family.

Spring:  Unofficially he is.  He's over a lot and we're all friends.  Can't move in though.  We're full up and I want kids of my own some day.  Juliet was next to age up and she was definitely NOT amused.  I never saw anyone run to a mirror so fast!

W:  Can you blame her?  Looked like she was in pjs and that hair do did nothing for her looks.  She's got that long, Landgraab face and definitely needed something to make it look a bit shorter.

Spring :  Next up was Don..........

Spring:  Hey, Don.

Don:  Hey.  So, you made a cake for me!  Wow!  With all the cooking you've been doing for work I didn't think you'd have Thyme.  *chuckles*  See what I did there?

Spring: *sighs*  Yes, Don.  I got it.  So what are you going to wish for?  More ladies?  More kids?  *snickers*  More thyme to make thyme with the gals?

Don:  *groans*  Not sure.  I wish.........

Spring:  Yes?  You wish?

Don:  I wish you'd let me blow out these candles and get it over with.

Don:  What a rush!

Don:  I feel......feel......so.....awesome!  Yes!  The awesomeness of myself has increased ten fold.  I wonder what Zoe is doing.........*wanders off in search of romance*

Spring:  *sighs*  So you see, Watcher, I have a lot to put up with.  Plus I had a job to do.  Sooooo, I whipped up one more cake, this time for myself.  Not bad if I do say so.  Think I'll share it with Rez.

W:  So, what did you wish for?  I hope it wasn't a foolish wish for immortality for everyone currently in the house?

Spring:  Errrr.....

W:  Spring!  You know the rules!

Spring:  Yeah, well, I just wished for as long a life as possible.

Spring:  So why did you feel it was necessary to take a picture with my face all weird blowing out the candles?  Not nice, W!

W:  But you looked so cute! I thought you'd want it for posterity.

Spring:  My sparkles were all hard core!  But at least I got to still look pretty good.

Spring:  After that it was another hard day at work.  I hated to have to go in actually, even though I usually enjoy it.  It made me miss Rez's cake up.  At least he had Romeo to cheer him on.

Spring:  When I got home that night everyone was in the kitchen.  They had decided to wait till I got there to do Mal's birthday.  So we finally had something that resembled a party!  A real, dial up, birthday party even if the only guests were family.

Spring:  You'll notice someone snagged a piece before he got the sparkles!  Too funny!  I think it was Don.

W:  I'm exhausted just reading this.  Guess I'll mosey on.  Thyme for my nap.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2015, 07:16:50 PM »
This just gets better and better! As to Johnny Zest: His official bio reads "Johnny Zest has the stage name and the dream, but maybe not the talent... Disowned by the Landgraabs for quitting school, Johnny wants to make his own fame and fortune as a standup comedian.Johnny Zest has the stage name and the dream, but maybe not the talent... Disowned by the Landgraabs for quitting school, Johnny wants to make his own fame and fortune as a standup comedian." That was sure a surprise to me!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2015, 12:59:56 AM »
Wow! lol, so many birthdays! Romeo looks just like a romeo should, Don and his increased awesomeness is just, well, Don *snicker*. Spring still looks gorgeous as ever.... I can't keep up with anyone else!  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
Ah, so much to love and laugh at but my favourite part is this:

Don:  I feel......feel......so.....awesome!  Yes!  The awesomeness of myself has increased ten fold.  I wonder what Zoe is doing.........*wanders off in search of romance*

Oh, Don xD

Romeo is Zesty's twin! What a cutie, poor Juliet got the unfortunate horse face. I'm so happy to see Mal has finally celebrated his birthday - the Chants are sorry they never made the effort.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2015, 03:06:59 PM »
@judewright:  I never knew that.  Never read his bio, or in my usual elder brain way forgot it!  I've always wanted to put Zesty in a story in a more active way and have him achieve his goal of being famous and maybe even make up with the rest of his family. 

@Playalot: because I was so paranoid about the chance I wouldn't be able to make it with my founder, I didn't start writing right away so I'm playing catch up.  At the moment I'm not playing my dynasty at all.  It's much harder to write when you are months ahead in play and haven't written anything, at least for me it is.  However, all the birthdays, except for Nancy and Geoffrey, actually did happen one right after the other in the same day.  At least it was a chance to get a gold medal party out of the way even if it was a family affair.

@Nettlejuice:  I know, right?  It's like mini-Zesty or something.  He has a nice personality too, so does Juliet.  I tried and tried to make that face somewhat better hiding it with hairstyles, make up and sunglasses but there is only so much you can with it.  Wait till you see her in a formal.  I cringe when I think about it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2015, 04:54:52 PM »
It was a beautiful day.  The kind of day you always wish for and delight in when it finally happens.  You know, not too hot, not too cold, sunny skies and a gentle breeze.  The air is fresh and really, there is not all that much that you HAVE to do.  Being a Watcher isn't always easy but on a day like this what could go wrong?  Your Founder is off to work.  Your Helpers have all caught up with their chores.  So you figure it's time for a day off.  Of course, being a Watcher, you can't just let them all totally slack off, but why not have fun as well?  So you send them all off to the park in Oasis springs..........

Don:  Hey, W this was a great idea!  Too bad Spring had to work today.

W:  Not to worry.  She'll be along after her shift.  Maybe she'll grill up some of the fish you guys are supposed to catch.

Don:  About that.  Catching fish I mean.  Errrrr.....I had plans to meet up with .....Oh!  Here she is now!  Watcher, I'd like you to meet my daugher, Londyn.  Londyn, honey, meet Watcher and my "friend", Lilliana Ferrera.

Londyn:  How do you do?  I'm very pleased to meet you.  Dad, will you spot me on the monkey bars, or play Space Cowboys with me?

Lilliana: *whispers*  OMG I am so embarrassed!  You introduced me to your Watcher and didn't give me a clue so I could dress up. 

Don: Not to worry sweetie.  You are gorgeous as usual.

W: *mutters under her breath*  Yeah, and as smart as a box of rocks.

Lilliana:  Donnieeeee, you said you were going to spend the day with just me.

Londyn:  Your friend is pretty, Dad.  Almost as pretty as Mom, right?

Don:  Heheheh........errrrr......Uh.....say, sweetie, why not get started on Space Cowboys while I chat awhile here and we'll play in a bit.  Ok?

Londyn:  Ok.  But you get to be a space monster and I shoot you down.

Don:  Sure, honey.  Whatever you say.   

W:  See ya, Donnie, Londyn, Lilliana.  You guys have fun.  I gotta check on the rest of the gang.  Nice to meet you two.

***************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, one of the helpers was feeling a bit out of sorts and kind of lonely.  It had been a long road for our friend, Geoffrey, but he never felt like he fitted in.  All the others were better gardeners, and he wasn't all that great or successful in his job.  Plus, he really wasn't that great a fisherman.  While the others were chatting with friends and neighbors, Geoffrey took himself off on a long walk......

Geof:  You know W, this has been quite a day.  I've been thinking a lot and.....well.....I'm not as young as I used to be.  I've had a good life though, you know?  Great kids, all of them smart as can be, a great wife who loves me with all her heart.....how come I'm so down today?  I mean, what's it all about?  Life, dynasties, me?  Is it always supposed to be like this?

W:  Ah, Geof.  You've had a pretty great life you know.  You live in a big mansion, surrounded by people who love you.  You've got everything you could want or need.  And, you aren't alone you know.  I'm always here with you.

Geof:  Yeah, I know.  It must be those notices I'm getting.  I'm worried about Nancy.  What will happen to her when I'm gone?  I know it's going to break her heart and there's nothing I can do about it. 

W:  She'll be fine, Geof.  Yeah, she'll grieve and she'll miss you a lot.  But she has the kids and her writing, and I'll take good care of her till her time to join you again comes around.

Geof: *flips burger*  Well, that is some consolation then.  Just, don't leave her alone, ok?  I'm going to try to be away from her when it happens.  Can't face that last goodbye.

W:  No worries, Geof.  We'll all take good care of her.  Now, how about one of those burgers before we go get some fish?

Geof:  Help yourself, W.  These are the best I've ever made if I do say so myself.

**************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, back near the playground.  Romeo took some time to meet up with some friends.

Random Teen:  Dude!  Fancy meeting you here.  And right near the food.  You make it?

Romeo:  Yeah.  My first try at grilling.  Pretty good stuff.  Help yourself if you're hungry.

RT:  Naaahh.  I already ate.  But thanks for the offer.  Errrrr......say.....is, uh....Juliet around?

Romeo:  Over there.  Fishing.  Go ahead and meet her, but remember, she's my sister and if you.........

RT:  Heheheh.  *nervous laugh*  No worries.  Always the gentleman, that's me.  Cya around then.

Romeo:  Yeah, cya.  I'll come over soon as I finish the reading assignment we got today.  Don't forget, I'll be watching you.

W:  Or someone will.  No worries, Romeo.  I'm on it.

**************************************************************************************

So you see, it was one of those perfect days.  Romeo skilled a little with cooking and got his homework and extra credit finished.  Juliet's was already done, of course.  Geof, well....Geof was feeling a bit better about life in general and looking forward to catching a few fish.  Don was having a great time with Londyn and eventually managed to put down the tent he'd been hauling around and got Lilliana to join him after Londyn went home.  Nancy was off gathering treasures and fruit and veggie cuttings for the garden.  Evening arrived and no one wanted to rush home so Spring joined them all at the park.  She used the facilities and was just about to work on her mixology skill when.............

Geoffrey: I feel so faint.  No, don't worry.......I'll be fine.....

W:  Geof, I'm here man.  I won't leave you alone.

Geof:   I.....I....I was just fishing you know?  I......I.....Watcher.....please.....take care of Nancy and my kids.  I love her so much......tell her.....tell her it's ok.  We've had a good life.  Tell her I love her and I don't want her to grieve.....I.....I....

W:  I'll tell her Geof.  I'll tell her.  Just rest now dear one.  I'll take care of her and the kids.  I promise.  *tries to hide tears*

Geof:  So tired.  Think I'll just ..........

W:  Goodbye, Geoffrey.  You've been a fine Helper and a good friend.  Grim, hang on a sec ok?  Sprng needs to be here.  She's running over.

Grim:  Ok.  Got the paper work to deal with anyway.  Let's see......Geoffrey Landgraab......elder.......good man.......good husband.......good father.......right....  witnesses....check..White Havens for you then....

Spring:  Oh no!  Geoffrey!  Goodbye old friend.  I'll take care of everyone.  Grim, best hurry up.  Don't mean to rush this but Nancy couldn't handle it if she saw.

Grim:  Right.  On it.  Away you go, Geoffrey Landgraab.  You will be missed.

But Nancy knew.  Something inside her told her what was happening.  She ran as quickly as she can...........

Nancy:  GEOFFREY!!!  Nooooo!  Oh, Geoffrey.  Why didn't you wait?  I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.  I didn't get one last, kiss.

Nancy:  Farewell, my love.  I'll see you soon.  It will be hard to wait till we're together again, but I know you want me to take care of the kids and help Spring along.  I'm........I'm going to miss you so very much.......I.........

Nancy:  Watcher? 

W:  It's ok Nancy.  He wasn't alone.  It was peaceful.  You go on home.  I'll take care of his ashes.  I'll keep them till it's time for you to be together again, and I promise to find a beautiful spot for you both.

Nancy:  I'll miss him.

W:  I know.  We all will.  Go home now.  Rest.  He's in good hands.

Nancy:  Good night, beloved.  Till we meet again.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2015, 05:23:05 PM »
 :'( Well that was very sad. RIP Geoff. I knew that the great start to the day was just too good to be true. Although Donnie with his face inside his g/f chest was a nice touch. *snicker*

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »
That last part hit right in the feels. RIP Geoffrey :'(

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »
Oh the feels... the feels.  You know where to hit a girl, Joria.  Lovely chapter!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »
RIP Geoff  :'( It always gets to me when Nancy mourns him 'cause he always goes first in my dynasties. I loved Don meeting his child and girlfriend at the park, who is Londyn's Mum?