Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59122 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again-New Nov.23
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »
@Magpie:  I LOVE that name!  I was thinking of Toute Sweet, or Sugar Thyme, but Thyme to Bake is really nice.  Ok, readers, how about you all pitch in and give me some names?  Then we can do a poll or something to see which one it is.  I've never done a poll before so might need some help setting it all up.  Nothing to win except recognition within the story but I love the creativity of the folks here and having you all part of the story would be nice.  Now, it's time for me to actually play a bit.  I've only two folders of screenies and an heir to age up so.....
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »
Love that name Magpie :)

AnyThyme Cakes

Cake O'Thyme

Thyme Off

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »
Thanks everyone :-) I love coming up with ship names and funny names/sayings so when people like them I'm super chuffed!

How about: Thyme for a Treat?

Edited to add: I really adore AnyThyme Cakes :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline kidakiwi04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »
Cake Thyme
Let them eat cake
Old Thymes Bakery
Wake n Bake
Thyme Dynasty Bakery
This Thymes Bakery
Baker's Thyme
Bakers Dozen
 Seasons Bakery
That's all I can think of. 😋

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again-New Nov.29 About the Bakery
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2015, 08:00:48 PM »
Ok, never did a poll before.  Do we need an ok from Admins?  As of this moment I have to say you guys are really creative and have given me a lot of terrific names.  I've been working on actually building the bakery.  I'm taking my Thyme because I want it just right, and building in TS4 is not easy for me.  So here is a preview of the work in progress of the  ????Bakery.

Bird's eye view of the "front".  There will be tables outside, just haven't gotten there yet.  And the top deck will eventually be furnished and decorated but am debating whether to keep the "romantic" look or go for something more upbeat and maybe put in a bar and dance floor.

The other side.  There really is no "front" or rear in this lot and the bakery WILL be on this lot.

Overview, walls half down.  In the blue room there is a wall and door covering the stairs for upstairs.  I may take that down but until I finish the upstairs I wanted to be able to lock it off.  I actually almost like the look.  Obviously it is unfurnished.

The "Tea Room" in my favorite color, yes, I admit it, I love pink.  It is not quite finished but darned near.  Coffee and tea service is there and available to all and Spring is busy at home with the cupcake factory making a ton of stuff to stock it with.  Thankfully, her food doesn't spoil.  The stairs in this room go down to the actual kitchen where I'll put the cupcake factory, (a second one I guess since you can't carry it in inventory), and regular kitchen stuff.  There will also be restrooms down here and I'm considering a small sitting room.  The blue room or the upstairs might be a sitting room with food and beverages available plus a possible book shelf or two and a fire place.  So, what do you think?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2015, 01:22:29 AM »
Wow, this is looking absolutely brilliant Joria! I can't give you any names I'm sorry as I'm hopeless at naming anything!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2015, 07:15:19 AM »
Ohh this is so beautiful , I'm sure everyone will love hanging out there .
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »
Thank you, Playalot and Ferretmania.  It is fun building but sure is taking a lot of thyme.  I have the basement restrooms and a sitting area done and have started on the kitchen/bakery section.  Outdoor seating in the patio is done.  I'm going to just wait on the upstairs areas although I have the blue room to finish as well.  Not quite sure what I want to do in there.  There are already more tables than needed.  I'm not sure how this is going to work within the contest of a dynasty but I think it could be a great way to keep all the elders busy and out of the heirs, hair if it does work.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »
W:  So, what are you up to Spring?

Spring:  Oh, hi, W.  Just a mild workout.  I may be immortal but there is no sense in being in bad shape for centuries.  Just wish I could really hit the gym without overdoing it.

W:  Well, you're lookin' good so the yoga must be workin' for ya.  You look a little distracted though.

Spring:  Yeah.  Got a lot on my mind.  Summer is almost ready to become a YA, so there is a birthday party to organize, Juliet has a broken heart again but is still trying to find a soul mate, and I feel like an appendix.

W:  An appendix?

Spring:  Yeah, you know.  A useless organ that used to have a job to do and now is just an obsolete thing that keeps hanging around, unless it gets sick and needs to be removed.

W:  So, what are you going to do about it?  Can't have you feeling all sorry for yourself.

Spring:  I'm not sure.  Gonna go think about it.

Spring:  Rez?  I wish you were here my love.  (sigh)  So much to think about.  I need your strong shoulder and good advice.  (sigh)  At least fate gave you a lovely and peaceful place for your passing.  If I could just hear your voice one more time.
Ok, Spring.  Stop talking to yourself and go do something else!  This is not going to help.  And there I go talking to myself some more.  Time for a steam!

Spring:  Watcher?  You there?

W:  I'm here Sping.  Nothing like a good steam to clear the head.

Spring:  I think you're right.  Just wanted to thank you for building this for us.  I think I know what we should do, at least for today.

W:  That's my girl!

**************************************************************************************************

Romeo:  So, you in a better mood?  You seemed a little down and out of it earlier.

Spring:  Yeah, I am.  A little exercise, a little meditation, a nice spot of relaxation and I'm a woman with a mission.

Juliet:  Uh, oh.

Spring:  Oh, nothing major.  Just been thinking we're kind of in a rut.  Things have been kind of messed up and......

Juliet:  You could say that again!

Romeo:  So what do you have in mind?

Spring:  Fun.  I have fun in mind.  You all have been wanting an outing and Summer needs to do some stuff at the library so why don't we make it a family thing and just all go to the library?  Maybe do some fishing after, have a picnic, plan Summer's birthday.......whatever.

Romeo:  Sounds good.  I'll go gather up some stuff I need, Jules?  You coming?

Spring:  Oh, stay a moment Juliet.  There's some girl talk I want to share.

Spring:  Juliet, are you ok?  I know turning down Ethan was really hard for you, but it was the right choice.  Would you mind some advice?

Juliet:  He broke my heart, Spring.  I really thought he was the one but when I saw him smash Summer's doll house I knew I couldn't tolerate that.  It was just, plain, wrong. I just wish I knew what I'm doing wrong.

Spring:  Maybe going a bit too fast?  I know time is marching on for you and you don't want to wait till the last minute like Don did.  Maybe you should chat the guys up a bit more first? 

Juliet:  Well, part of the problem is actually meeting guys.  All we know are Don's sons and so far that hasn't worked out real well.

Spring:  Therefor a trip to the library!  It's a great place to meet guys who are a bit more serious and have decent traits and all.  I'll chat to a few and you chat to a few and let's see if there are any likely candidates. What do you think?

Juliet:  Just don't be matchmaking for me ok?  I think it's a good idea but no Watcher interference and I get to make my choice.  Capice?

Spring:  You got it!

Juliet:  Let's roll then!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
Good plan Spring! Keeping my fingers crossed for Juliet, poor girl. I'm glad Spring is perking up a little, must be so hard for her without Rez...

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2015, 07:23:57 PM »
I've finished making my bakery but for some reason the game gave credit for the build to Larifari2009.  sigh  Why, I don't know, except maybe because I had been browsing the catalog and had looked at several of her builds.  She is an amazing builder.  Anyway, it's done and I'll post pics and ways to obtain it for those who wish sometime this weekend.  In order to move this story along I've decided to just go ahead and name it, basing my choice on kidikiwi's Old Thymes Bakery.  So, it is officially Olde Thyme Bakery.  My thanks to all of you who submitted names.  They were all really terrific and may wind up in a different bakery I build!  Thanks so much to you and all my readers and responders.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »
Did you start building the bakery on one of her lots that you bulldozed?  :o  That's so weird, I don't know how else the game would give credit for the build to someone else.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2015, 08:10:50 PM »
I had that happen to me once. I had downloaded someone's nightclub to take a look-see. Then I bulldozed the entire lot and built my own house (I changed my mind about a nightclub) but now it is forever tagged as some else's original... the person who had built the nightclub. Even though this was a brand new game, the fact that I had downloaded someone's creation seemed to 'name' that particular lot as theirs forever more.

Offline kidakiwi04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »
Wow Im excited that you chose based on one of the names I came up with. Yay!!!

As far as the bakery being tagged under someone else that sucks.

I keeping my fingers crossed for Juliet, hopefuly she will find someone soon.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
It's taken me such a long thyme to read this,  it wasn't because I didn't want to.. real life kept getting in the way! hehehe.. Such a wonderful family and an amazing story.. keep it coming  ;D

anything