Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59124 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #240 on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »
Juliet just has no luck when it comes to guys.  Her "Bear" was culled once she got back home!  So no pics of him.  He was quite handsome and had really good traits so he was going to be her new love, but alas, EA had other ideas for her.  She and the family went to a local gym to find her true love and there was a rather nice trainer there.  Romance was definitely in the air between them.  A few days later, once again he had been culled!!  So here's where our girl is at now.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Ethan:  Uhhh, hi Juliet.  Remember me?  I'm Don's son Ethan.

Juliet:  How could I forget?  Of course I remember you.  You've been at several of our parties, right?
*to self: Be still my heart!  He is soooo handsome.  Maybe.......*

Ethan:  I just thought I'd stop by and thank Mrs. Thyme for being so sweet to my Dad and Mom during such a hard time.  Looks like she's pretty busy with another of Dad's offspring though.  Poor kid.  She and her sister are homeless now.  I think they are anyway.

Juliet:  That's really nice of you, Ethan.  How kind!  *careful, Juliet.  Don't blow this possible opportunity.*

Ethan:  Is it ok if I hang around a bit?  I mean, you're not busy or anything are you?

Juliet:  Oh, sure.  Of course you can hang. You're almost like family after all.  Be glad to have you.

Ethan:  *Wow.  Never noticed how pretty she is.*  Uhh, would you like to star gaze with me?  I mean, if you don't have something else you need to do?

Juliet:  Love to.  Soooo, that one's called the hunter I think.

Ethan:  Yeah.  I've always known it as Cupid's Bow.

Juliet:  *He's interested!  I KNOW he's interested.  Careful now.*

Watcher:  Invite him in Jules!  This is a definite possibility for you.  Gotta get more info though.

Juliet:  Good idea, Watcher.

Ethan:  Hmmmm?  Did you say something?

Juliet:  Errrr.  Sorry.  Tummy growling.  I'm starving!  Wanna come in and have a bite?

Ethan:  Always up for some good Thyme cookin'!  I think I may be a bit of a glutton.

Watcher: Hmmmm. That could possibly be strike one.  Maybe you should get to know him?

Juliet:  Let's go in before I faint away!

Juliet:  You know, this is a real treat for me.  Watcher always is nagging me to watch my weight and not get fat.

Ethan:  What?  That's just plain mean!  From where I'm sitting I'd say you look just right.  Almost good enough to eat yourself.

Juliet:  Why, Ethan!  Are you flirting with me?

Ethan: Could be.  Do you mind?

Juliet: *flirts right back*  Not at all.

Ethan:  Wow!  This was excellent!  You suppose I could have some more, or something else?

Watcher:  sigh, definite glutton tendencies.  This boy would be hard to keep slim for sure.

Juliet:  Uh, maybe later?  It's getting a bit crowded in here what with you half sister and Spring and all.  How about I show you some of the garden?  There's some things I'd love to discuss.

Ethan:  Ok, I love the outdoors you know.  Almost as much as I love good cookin'.

Ethan:  Whoa!  Slow down.  You'll get a cramp running so hard after eating.

Juliet:  It's ok.  I'm pretty fit and I only had one bite, remember?

Ethan:  Right.  I finished the rest.  Hope you didn't mind.  Hate to see good food go to waste.

Juliet:  *to self:  Right.  Better than it going to waist.*

Juliet:  Ok, this is a little embarrassing, but I gotta say it.  I've had my eye on you for quite some time.  I think you're really attractive and I've had this huge crush.  I'm wanting to know if there is any chance, any chance at all, that you might, maybe, be interested in me too?

Watcher:  Fibber!  You're only interested now because all your other attempts have failed.

Juliet:  *Shhhhh!  He'll hear you!  And I AM interested in him.*

Ethan:  I'm interested, but there is something you should know.  If we ever did get together, you know more like boyfriend/girlfriend rather than just family/friend.  Anyway, I need you to know whoever gets involved with me will never have kids.  I really, really HATE kids.  After my Dad populated the entire Simiverse I just think we're done with this family making kids.

Watcher:  And there you have it!  The crowning fail point.

Juliet:  *Go away, W!  I don't need kids I need a man!*

Ethan:  Is that a deal breaker?

Juliet:  Not to me.  Watcher is all bent about it but this is a dynasty and it doesn't depend on ME having kids.  Summer is a long way away from being ready for that so I think it could work out.  So, does this mean you are as interested in me as I am in you?

Ethan:  Honey, my heart throbs for you!  I was just too scared to approach with Dad here.

Juliet:  So we could work things out?  I actually stand a chance with you?

Ethan:  If I stand a chance with you, beautiful lady.

Juliet:  How's this for a chance?

Ethan:  Wow!  Beautiful and a good kisser too.  Am I going to fast if I ask you to be my girlfriend?

Juliet:  Not at all!  I'd love to be your girlfriend!  (and a whole lot more)

Watcher: sigh.  Guess it's official if the jumping up and down means anything.  I can't help but foresee heartbreak ahead.

Juliet:  Squeeeee!  I'm so excited!  Ok, photo op?  To seal the deal?

Ethan:  Right!  Gotta commemorate this!  I never thought I'd find an understanding woman like yourself.  Say "cheese"!

And with that our blissfully happy Juliet went to weed the garden while Ethan went off to his work as a successful businessman.  Who knows.  Maybe it will work out.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2015, 01:22:18 AM »
Poor Juliet! What a roller coaster! I hope it all works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2015, 02:58:35 AM »
Aww what a bummer for Juliet.  I hope it works out better with Ethan.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »
I guess sometimes I interfere in my family's lives more than I should.  Instead of being a Watcher I often try to control things that probably should be left alone.  For instance, Juliet had found a perfectly fine and very handsome man to make her own.  Of course, there was that itsy bitsy but ever so crucial problem of him hating kids, and that was a big source of concern.  So I watched with interest as Dawson Caliente came to visit.  Maybe he could be a better spouse?  I nudged Juliet in his direction.

Dawson:  Uh, hello?  Ok if I hang for a bit?  Got kind of lonely and a bit scared.  Not sure why I'm here or how I got here.

So while Romeo was unsuccessfully trying to strike up a romance with another Caliente, and Summer and Yang were ready to do homework, I got Juliet to invite Dawson to cloud gaze.

Juliet:  So, you ok now Dawson?

Dawson:  Yeah.  I'm fine.  I just got confused there for a moment.  Not sure what happened.  Hey, am I crazy or is that an elephant in the clouds?

Juliet:  Yes, Dawson you are definitely insane, (which puts him on my NO list), but there is also definitely an elephant shaped cloud.  Good on you for spotting it!

Dawson:  Well, you know how it is with us perfectionists.  Have to make sure everything is just so.  I really like hanging with you Juliet.  Are you single by any chance?

Juliet:  Uhhhh, actually I've been seeing your brother, Ethan.

Dawson: Oh.  Hmmm.  Is it ok then if still hang out?  Do you think he'd mind?

W:  Hey you guys!  You're good.  Enjoy your day together.

This was not my most shining moment.  I should have just left them alone.  Unknown to me, just about that time, Ethan decided to pay a call!  Thankfully Spring realized what could happen so took care of things.

Spring:  Why, Ethan!  What a nice surprise! 

Ethan:  Hi, Miz Thyme.  Juliet around?

Spring:  Well, she's kind of busy at the moment.  Why don't you come on in and wait for her while having a few slices of my cake?  I know you love my cake.

Ethan:  You're sure it won't be any bother?  You're right, I do love your cake!

Spring:  Well, come on then.  I just baked today.

Sigh.  Who knew it would be such a LONG time of gazing?  I guess Juliet just wanted to make him feel more comfortable or something.  Dawson finally left but before he did Ethan did the worse thing he could possibly do. 

Dawson:  Dad blasted kid crap!!  I'll take care of that.  NO kid stuff where I'm gonna live and no kids either!

Juliet:  Ethan?  Is that you?  Oh, no!  Ethan!  What have you done?!

Juliet:  How could you?!!  How dare you?!  Don't you realize this is Summer's house that her dad, her DEAD dad, built for her?  How could you be so mean?

Ethan:  Now hang on a minute Jules.  It's not as bad as it seems.  I didn't know Rez had built this or that it belonged to Summer.  I just saw some kid's stuff and.....well you know how I feel about kids.  I told you all about that, remember?  There will be no kid crap where we live.

Juliet:  No kid crap, eh?  No kid crap!  You and your hateful way about children!  It's all wrong!!  How dare you come in here, assuming YOU are going to live here and then deciding to take over and ruin things that don't belong to you, you MONSTER!

Ethan:  Whoa!  Calm down, girlfriend.  No need to get all in a tizzy over this.  It's just a doll house after all.  Not like I broke our relationship or anything.  Not like I was hanging out with another girl like you were with my BROTHER!

Juliet:  First of all, what relationship?  Second of all, I'll hang with whom I please, thank you very much and because he was your brother I would think you would know I was just trying to make him feel good about himself and nothing, absolutely nothing was ever going to happen between us.  HOW DARE YOU!?

Ethan:  Monster?  You think I'm a monster?  But.....I told you.  Jules, I love you.  I'm sorry.  I.....

Juliet:  Sorry?  Sorry doesn't hack it bubba.  You've really shown me your true colors.  How could I have been so blinded?  This is it Ethan.  So much for a sweet romance.  You've broken my trust, not to mention my heart.

Ethan:  Juliet, please.  Please don't say any more.  I can make it right.  I know I can make it right.  Maybe I could change that part of me with our own children or something?  Jules......?   Please.....?

Juliet:  I'm sorry Ethan.  There is nothing you could say or do that would make this right.  I don't expect you to change.  I don't think you can.  Let's call it quits before we make a tragic mistake that could really hurt us both.  It's over.

Ethan: Noooo, oh please no...I can't breathe.....oh dear heavens....I.....I...

Ethan:  Oh my heavens.  This is breaking my heart.  I can't handle this.  I.....I.....it hurts so much.

Juliet:  Me too, Ethan.  Me too.

Juliet:  Please, Ethan.  Just go.  I need to be alone.  I really loved you, you know?

Ethan:  Loved?  So it's really over.  Oh, Jules.......

As Ethan walked away, Juliet drank a potion.  Maybe it would ease the pain of her broken heart and give her the strength she'd need to not run after him.

Juliet:  Not a word, Watcher.  Not one single word.

As she sat there in the darkness, hers was not the only heart aching. Oh, my Juliet.  I am so sorry.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2015, 12:32:33 AM »
Oh poor girl.  :(
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2015, 06:13:43 AM »
Hahaha...you write good and funny dialogue Joria.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2015, 06:56:33 PM »
Thank you for reading everyone.  I've been very bad about posting updates.  It's hard to get back into it now that most of the fun stuff is done and it's basically at rinse and repeat.  You know, make the heir skill, skill, skill and keep the founder from maxing anything else!   Plus, I've been building up a storm!  Hopefully I'll be able to post today.  I really appreciate my readers and their comments keep me going.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2015, 11:25:37 PM »
I really hope you do keep going, and I know what you mean about rinse and repeat! lol But you can do it! :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »
Summer:  I just don't understand!  It's like secrets on top of secrets and no one wants to clue me in!  It's about time you all told me what is going on.  Juliet?

Juliet:  Oh, no!  Not me!  It is not my place to tell you what's up.  I don't do that kind of "talk".

Romeo:  Say, Jules, I have a great idea for a new book!  Wanna hear about it?

Juliet:  Huh?  Oh, yeah.  Right.  Let's go down to the studio and you can tell me all about it.

Summer:  Right.  Thanks you guys.  (sigh)  I guess I have to go ask Mom, huh?  You were no help at all.

Juliet:  Sorry, Summer, but yes.  Go talk to your Mom.

Watcher:  C'mon, Summer.  It's not that hard.  You know your Mom is always there for you and she'll fill you in.  I'll come along with you if you like.

Summer:  As if I could stop you, W. 

Spring:  Hi, sweetie.  What's up?

Summer:  Mom, I need to talk to you.  Got a minute?

Spring:  I always have time for you, honey.  Is there a problem?

Watcher: *whispers to Spring* It's about the "talk"  You know.....whoo hoo.  Oh, and you should clue her in on the dynasty bit as well.

Spring: Thanks for the heads up, W. 

Summer:  Mom, it seems to me that there is just too much going on.  Too many "secrets".  Uncle Don always with a different lady, Juliet with her boyfriend problems, and me wanting to have friends and to date and not sure of what to do, or what it's all about.  Then there is you, who thankfully, doesn't seem to get any older.  Think about it.  Dad, died.  Uncle Don, died.  Aunt Dina, died.  I don't want you to die too.  Not ever.

Spring:  And I never will, and neither will you.

Summer:  What?  What are you talking about?  Everyone dies sooner or later.

Spring: No, honey.  Not everyone.  Remember when you were a little girl and I talked with you a bit about our dynasty?  I guess it's time to tell you the whole story.  But first, let's get on with the whoo-hoo talk.  Ok?

Ok, people.  This is personal and private so I'm only going to let you in on a wee bit of it.  Any questions any of you may have about whoo-hoo you have to find out from your own mothers.  So here's a few snapshots I took while the "talk" was going on.

Summer:  They WHAT?!!  Ewwwwww!  Mom!  This is way too embarrassing.

Summer:  Wait.  You're telling me I have to have a spouse?  But......but.....

Summer:  Oh, Mom.  I'm so sorry you have to go through all this.  And, I will too?

Summer:  No way!!  Uh uh!  Nope!  Ain't gonna happen! Don't care.  Not for me! 

Sping:  Ok, that went better than I thought it would.  Are you calmed down now?

Summer:  Yeah.  I'm ok.  Lots of questions though.

Spring:  Just suck on that candy to soothe your throat a little bit.  I'm sure it's all tight and dry and you might feel a bit nauseous. 

Summer: 'K.

Spring:  Come on.  Follow me.  I think it's star time.  I'll answer all your questions then.

Summer:  Yes, ma'am.

Summer:  Just the two of us for now, dear one.  But there will be more.  Many more.

Spring:  Yep.  And then one day it will be over.  Thanks, Mom.

Summer:  It's a big responsibility to put on someone you love, whether it's your spouse or your child.  I'm so proud of you.  I know you'll do ok.  And when the heartache comes, I'll be here for you.

Watcher:  Me too.  Thank you, both of you.

Later that night, in the studio:

Summer:  You know, Watcher.  My Mom is the bravest person I know.

Watcher:  She surely is, angel.  She surely is.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: November 19, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »
Gotta love that 'talk'! I'm quite sure Summer will be just fine once she gets over the shock of her impending immortality. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again-Something To Do
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2015, 08:42:59 PM »
I think the whoo hoo talk was the funniest part of this.  She really was all, "ewwww" about it with embarrassed faces and all.  Fortunately no embarrassed moodlet.  Let's see what's going on in the family next:

*********************************************************************************************************

Thyme seemed to be at a stand still now.  Most of the older friends and family members were dead and gone, and it didn't appear that many new ones were showing up.  Don had done his job well but who was to take his place?  Romeo tries but is rarely, (only once), successful.  He just doesn't have the same appeal Don had, so there are almost no children to be seen.  Juliet keeps trying to get over her broken heart, flitting from one possible romance to another only to be disappointed again and again by irreconcilable traits or just lack of interest on both parties parts.  The house seemed rather empty and way too quiet with so few people around, and there just was too much Thyme on their hands.  Summer was always busy it seemed, she had so much to do.  There was school five days a week,........

what seemed like endless skilling......

lots of chores, which she handled quickly and with a good attitude, bearing in mind that she WAS the heir after all.......

and a few new things to learn.....

Through it all Spring came to one major conclusion,  she was bored!

Spring:  sigh.....

Romeo:  What's up Auntie Spring?  You seem kind of down.

Spring:  Oh, I'm ok.  Just, terribly, terribly bored!  I'm a has been.  Useless.  Nothing really left for me to do.  I worked so hard for so long and now I have to keep my hands off everything and just waste time.  *sigh*  And to think I have generations of this to look forward to.

Romeo:  Ok, first of all you are NOT useless.  There are so many things you do for us all.  You are the heart and spirit of this family, not to mention the world's best cook.  I'm sorry you're bored, though.  Is there anything I can do?

Spring:  Unless you can come up some brilliant idea as to what I can do to occupy my time in a worthwhile manor, not really.

Romeo:  Ok, look at what you're doing right now.  Dumping in all kinds of goop like a magician or a pharmacist,  and when you are through, it will be a magnificent and scrumptiously delicious, beautiful cake for us to eat.  What can you do with that kind of talent?

Spring:  Never thought of it as a talent.  More just a job I had to get really good at and did.  I already aced it what more should I do?

Romeo:  Start a bakery?

Spring:  A bakery?  We already have more food than we can eat, and more money than we could possibly spend in a life time.  What would I do with a bakery?

Romeo:  I don't know.  Show off the magic you can do with a bowl and a spoon, like all the juggling you do, feed the starving masses, or hey, maybe make some friends and other people happy if they have a cozy place to come have a sweet treat and place to meet?  You already sell off the extra stuff you bake so Juliet and I don't get too fat pigging off on it.

Spring:  Ok, no more.  I'll think about it.  Now, go write a book or something so I can finish up.

Romeo:  Well, at least you aren't bored anymore.

Spring:  hmmmpfff.  Smart aleck.

Spring:  Hmmm, think I'll make a juice and just sit and think.  Maybe Romeo is right.  Hmmmm.  A bakery........a tea house?......a patisserie?  Hmmmm........

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again-New Nov.23
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2015, 03:04:36 AM »
I wonder what Spring will name her bakery?

Offline kidakiwi04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2015, 07:21:13 PM »
 So finally caught up with this story and all I can say is wow... I love it. ☺

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2015, 06:08:25 PM »
Finally caught up with this story.

The woohoo talk was funny.

I'm curious about what Spring will name her bakery too.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2015, 01:57:41 AM »
How about "Thyme to Bake" :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*