Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59111 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2015, 06:02:44 PM »
Don and Malcolm, oh I haven't laughed like I did just now for ages and then Shea dreaming of an engagement ring. I can't eat my breakfast while reading xD I absolutely loved Don's birthday bash and meeting all his kids. Happy birthday to Rez, it's always at this point I'm getting ready to tear up.

@ Nettlejuice: For some reason in this dynasty Shea Lew is a really nice person.  Totally naive where Don is concerned, but ever hopeful.  Both she and Don are elders but she keeps coming over and flirting with him every chance she can.  I think she still is dreaming about that engagement ring!  Poor thing.

Loved seeing some of Don's kids! Marielle was a cutie, her questions were hilarious. Also, Romeo looks so much like Mal! Happy birthday Don + Rez!

@ManiSims:  He really does make beautiful babies.  Even Veronica and Esther, Lilliana's daughters, have beautiful faces.  They just have unfortunate hair and bodies.  Both are really sweet girls as well.  Good traits.  Those Landgraab genes really come through don't they?  You should see what it's like when Romeo, Mal and Zesty are all together!  Confusing.

Thanks for reading everyone!  I appreciate it and the comments.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »
Spring:  Honestly!  I just don't see why they had to send me home right now!  It was only a few cramps.  I'm so close to that final promotion!

W:  Just a few cramps eh?  And that huge puddle you produced?

Spring:  I mopped it up didn't I?

W:  Yeah, in between being doubled over and moaning.  Face it, girl.  You are in labor!  It's show time!

Romeo:  Errrrrr, Rez......something is wrong with Spring.  I don't think we should all be here right now.

Rez:  Oh, I'm sure she's fine.  She's tough.  Right, honey?

W:  Ok, this is it for sure!  Hot water boiling?  Towels?  Stiff drink?  *panic sets in*  OMG! OMG! She's gonna deliver in the jon!  This is no place for men!  Out! Out!

Spring: *grits teeth*  Get..............OUT!  Now!  You too Watcher.  You're worse than the rest.

Spring:  Finally......some peace and quiet.  Bassinett?  Check.  Pretty room?  Check.  Nooboo coming?  Guess this is it.  Rez?  Rez!

Rez:  Ok, then.  Guess this is it!  You sure you want to do this here and not at the hospital?

Spring:  All natural birth, hon.  What could go wrong?  So you think this is the real thing?

W: Of course it's the real thing!  I planned it this way didn't I?  *breathing rapidly*

Rez:  Mmmm, Watcher?  Maybe you should go fix Spring a soothing beverage?  I'll check her tummy and see if she's ok.  I've got it under control.

Spring:  Ummm, yeah.  A nice beverage, please, W.  *whispers*  Is she gone?

Rez:  No worries honey.  I heard a shaker being used at the bar.  Now, how's that nooboo doing?

Rez:  I think Nooboo Thyme is doing just fine.  Ummm, would it be possible to do a selfie?  I mean, this may be the only chance we have of a photo while you're still pregnant. 

Spring:  You're insane!  But....ok.  Nooboo might like to see this.

Rez and Spring together:  CHEEZE!

Spring:  Wow!  Look at that grey hair!  I never noticed before.

Rez:  Rub it in why don't ya?  Your turn is coming.

Spring:  Rez, honey.  Thank you.  You've been a big help so far.  Keeping me grounded and feeling safe.  I love you. 

Rez:  Sweetheart you are giving me the greatest gift of all, another little you to love.  I should be thanking you.

Spring:  Ooooo!   Uh, Rez! 

Rez:  It's ok, hon.  I'm here.  You're doing just fine.

Rez:  See?  No worries.  Just breathe.  Hey, I've got this totally under control, haven't I?  I mean, how hard can it be?  Women do this every day, right?

Spring: *considers murder or "altering" of all males*

Rez:  I'm kinda tired.  I'll just go sit over here for a bit till you're through.  Ok?

Spring:  *visuallizes weapons*  I'll never let you near me again!  I must have been insane to allow this!

Rez:  It's ok.  Just relax.  I'm sure it's almost over.  Say, do you have a name picked out?

Spring:  Just............shut............up...........

Rez:  Well.....if you're going to be like that............Oh.  Nooboo.  Ummmm, I don't feel so good.  Ummmmm......think I'll go take a nap.

Spring:  Hello, beautiful.......you're Dada is a big silly now isn't he?

W:  Did I miss it?  Oh!  Oh, what a beauty!  Hi, little one.

Spring:  Thank you, W.  She is marvelous isn't she?

W: Do you have a name for her?

Spring:  Watcher, meet my little Summer Thyme.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
  • Sims, and Doctor Who rocks!!!!
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2015, 07:28:49 PM »
I love the name for her daughter. Can't tell if she looks like mom or her dad yet

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2015, 09:51:34 AM »
Yay, she's finally here. Welcome Summer, been waiting a while to meet you =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »
Woo! Welcome Summer Thyme! ;D Love the selfie, lol I guess real labour's more like that though with little chats in between. I make my poor sims get it over and done with pronto! Great chapter, very fitting for the first heir.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2015, 04:45:14 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying!  I was upgrading to Windows 10 and wound up with all kinds of problems that kept me from being able to use my pc for days.  All fixed now, running smoothly and enjoying the upgrade.

@ Nancy01905:  Even as a child I couldn't figure out who she looks like!  She does have her Mom's red hair but otherwise most Sim kids all look alike to me.

@ Nettlejuice:  I was so afraid of my dynasty failing again I held off allowing Spring to get pregnant till she was well on her way to her last promotion and mere days away from elderhood. 

@ Playalot:  My personal "little chats in between" were more like snarls and growls to be left alone.  I was not very ladylike during labor I'm afraid, except for the last one, the only one I opted for drugs with. lol

Thanks everyone who read and/or posted.  Your support is what keeps me going.  I get so interested in what my Sims are doing sometimes I drag things on, so if it starts to get boring or carry on too long, just pm me and let me know.  I'd love to hear your critiques.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2015, 06:17:58 PM »
Peace reined in the Thyme household as things settled down to daily tasks and enjoying the new born.  Each member got their chance to cuddle and coo, feed and change as Summer grew.  Spring worked hard to attain her goal of maxing out her career and continued to bake wonderful foods, each day bringing her closer and closer to achieving her ends.  Even though Rez and Don were now elders, it didn't seem to slow them down much and they continued to learn and do new things.......

Don:  Hey, Spring!  Thanks for the photo studio.  C'mon down and I'll do some portraits of you if you have time.

Spring:  Hey, this is pretty cool.  So, what's the plan here?

Don:  I thought I'd take some shots of you in your work outfit, you know for memories, and then maybe some formal shots of you all dressed up gorgeous for that special room you've been working on.  *sighs*  Sure wish I could see it.

Spring:  It's off limits Don.  You know it's part of the dynasty thing.

Don: Ok, ok.  I get it.  Don't want the Watcher getting all huffy about things.  I'll keep out.

W:  I don't get huffy.  The idea!

Spring:  Don I really like this but not sure that background will work.

Don:  Let's give it a try and then I can switch it around to different backgrounds if you like.  Ok?  I'm just starting out so this is all new to me.

Spring:  Ok.  You gonna do all of us? 

Don:  Hope to.  Maybe do a group shot as well.  It would be nice to get you and Rez together.  Where is he anyway?

W:  I'll go find him.  You guys have fun. 

Rez: Yo, W!  Wassup? 

W:  Ah, there you are.  Learning something new?

Rez:  Yeah.  This is kind of fun.  I just can't seem to stop making these drinks.  So many cool ones to try!  You want one?

W:  Sure.  Fizzy juice on the rocks please.

Rez:  You got it W.

Yes, things were going along quite well.  Rez hoped to complete another aspiration, or at least get to the point where he could tend bar at the family parties, Spring worked hard and was a loving mom, but Don......oh, our dear irrepressible Don, had ideas that went far beyond photography.  He was starting to get that old familiar itch, but was worried he might not be able to do the job right.  He was an elder now, and although he knew he was still quite the handsome man about town, he figured he'd better see if he still had the ol' charm.

Don:  Well, helloooo there lovely lady.  And what a lovely lady you surely are!  I'm Don, and you are?.....

Amie:  Ummm, Amie.  Amie Dubois.

Don just couldn't help himself.  He poured on the old charm and before you knew it, he had her hooked.  It only took him one kiss.

Don:  Wow!  That was spectacular.  You sure know how to kiss.  Uhhh, say, you wouldn't be interested in....?

Amie:  I wouldn't?  Oh yes, I would!

Don:  Really?!!  Let's go!

The hot tub was bubbling away, warm and inviting and oh, so romantic.  The perfect spot for seduction in Don's mind.  It seemed like he didn't even have to work hard for this one, and he hadn't even worn his "special" outfit.  Things were moving along rapidly.......

Don: *to himself*  Oh, yeah.  I've still got it.  I'm da man alright.  And I think I'm da dad......*chuckles*

Yes, Don, you've still got it.  Once a cad, always a cad.  Meanwhile, Rez .....

W:  Where you off to, Rez?  Gonna star gaze?

Rez:  Nope.  Gotta practice.

W: Practice?  What?

Rez:  Violin.  Gotta practice.

W:  Well, that's commendable Rez, but why?  You are a bit late for trying for a career in music.

Rez:  For Summer.  She's gonna have to max out aspirations and I thought if I got high enough in my violin playing I could mentor her.  You know, for the Creative Aspiration.  Besides.....I've got a special thing I'm planning for Spring.  I think she's going to love it.  Ok, 'nuff chit chat.  Gotta practice.

And there you have it.  See you later readers.......

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2015, 08:33:30 PM »
Time passed quickly at the Thyme house, and, as all living things should, it finally came to the day when Summer must grow up.  No more bassinets, bottles or diapers for her.  With a whirl and twinkling of sparkles, she jumped out of the bassinet a full fledged child.....

Summer:  Whoa!  That was amazing! 

So here I am and I'm dressed horribly!!  Mommm!

Spring:  Welcome, my darling!  No worries, we'll soon have the wardrobe sorted.  Watcher?

W:  On it.

Summer:  Thanks, Mom!  And thanks for all the cuddles and love.  I love you so much.

Spring:  I love you too, sweetheart.  Now, off you go for a wardrobe change.

Summer:  So, what do you think?  Watcher gave me lots of choices but I love pink and this just was really comfy.

Spring:  You look great, sweetheart.  You've got really good taste.

Summer:  Thanks, Mom.  Cya!

W: So now you're a big kid, eh?  Having fun?  You know you'll have a lot to do.

Summer:  Hi W.  Yeah, this is a blast.  AND it will help me with motor skills!  Who knew?  Sure beats hanging around in that stuffy basket thing.

W:Well, have fun while you can, Summer.  You've got a busy life ahead of you.  Enjoy your first day as a kid.

Don:  Hey, Summer!  Lookin' good.  Need any help with the art stuff?

Summer:  No, thanks Uncle Don.  I've got it.  This is almost as much fun as my playground stuff.  I'm very artistic you know.

Summer:  Ok, this one is hard.  Do I HAVE to practice, W?

W:  Absolutely.  You want to be really good at it don't you?  It takes a lot of work and practice to sound good on the violin.  Otherwise it's like someone is tormenting a bag of cats.

Summer:  Watcher!  That's awful!

W: Hey, I calls it like I hears it, kiddo.

Summer worked hard at her skills all day long.  It was her first day as a child on the world of EAMaxis, and no one wanted to take away her joy in discovering all the new things she could do.  No stay awake potions for her.  So after a delicious home cooked meal of fish tacos, she went to bed in the beautiful nursery her Mom had set up for her.  The next morning it was back to skilling......

Summer:  Hello.....who are you? 

Summer:  Watcher says I have to fill all these things called aspirations.  She says I'll need lots of friends.  Will you be my friend?

Bear:  *soft friendly growly sounds*

Summer:  Ok.  I'll name you BlueBoo.  Is that ok?  We can have lots of talks and find out all about each other and have fun and you'll be my bestest friend ever.  Soooo, I'm Summer Thyme and I'm a kid and I've got a mom and dad and a big family and I'm gonna do lots of stuff and I'll be famous and I'll ride in a rocket ship and paint great pictures and you and me.................

BlueBoo:  *soft growls*

Summer:  Oh.  Hehehe.  I guess I do talk a lot, huh?  Sorry.  I guess when you haven't been able to talk, only just cry and babble, it's kind of fun to just talk and talk.

Summer:. Oh.  Nap time?  Ok.  We can talk more later, ok?  You can tell me all about hibernation.  I love you BlueBoo.

W:  Come on, Summer.  Let's let the bear take his nap.  We'll talk more later.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »
Summer is so gorgeous! You had me worried there about Don though... thought he was going to ... err, 'over do it'!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2015, 10:37:42 PM »
Summer's a cutie. I love how kids' stuffed animal friends count towards the good friends requirement, so adorable. :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2015, 04:55:14 AM »
Summer is a gorgeous little lady. Oh, Don, don't over do things. His lady friend looks a little like Olivia SKL.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
Summer is so gorgeous! You had me worried there about Don though... thought he was going to ... err, 'over do it'!

She is adorable, isn't she?  I'm still not sure who she looks like.  Except for the red hair I think she leans more toward looking like Rez.  I wasn't too worried about Don since he had basically just turned elder and had a long bar of life left.  Plus, I wasn't about to let him ply his wiles with more than one lady.

Summer's a cutie. I love how kids' stuffed animal friends count towards the good friends requirement, so adorable. :D

I have such a hard time making friends, and even worse with making good friends, I'll take all the friends I can get. If I ever have an heir be a scientist you can count on that machine becoming a good friend as well.

Summer is a gorgeous little lady. Oh, Don, don't over do things. His lady friend looks a little like Olivia SKL.

She does, doesn't she?  I had to check her name bar to make sure it was right.  She and Don wound up with two really cute kids.

Thanks everyone for reading and/or commenting.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2015, 08:47:01 PM »
Rez:  Surprise!!!  Surprise!  Happy birthday, darling.

Romeo:  Happy birthday, Aunt Spring!

Spring:  You guys!  You shouldn't have.  Really.  This is one day I'd kind of like to have passed on.  But thank you.

*Singing off key.....*

Juliet:  Make a wish!  Make a wish!

Spring: *dear heavens this is really scary*  Ok, ok, give me a minute to think.

W: Buck up, Spring, it happens to all of us.  Prerequisite to immortality as well.

Spring:  *Yeah?  Well, phooey on that!  You'd think the Metro Man would cut us a break and at least let us remain youthful*  Ok, I wish a successful completion to this dynasty and joy to all the family forever.

ALL:  Blow! blow! blow!

*Spring takes hug breath*

Spring:  aaaaaaaggggghhhhh

Summer:  Mommy?  Mommy?  Are you ok?  I don't think I like this.

Spring: Ouch!  Oh, yeah, honey.  I'm ok.  Just a few twinges from the leap.  I'll be fine.

Rez:  Welcome to the club, darling.  Sorry it's so rough.

Don:  I'd like to say it'll get better but I was taught not to lie.  heheh.....Um.....can we eat now?

Spring:  It's ok, Summer, really.  Please don't be worried.  Come on and have some treats.  You can have what ever you want.  All of you.

W:  It's a good thing you've been working on your third skill, baking.  Just look at all this food, not to mention what's in the fridge.  Think I'll have some of that bread.  I love bread.

Mal:  This looks really good.  So how many hours of work outs you think this will cost us?

Rez:  Spring won't nag us.  Can't speak for the Watcher though.

W: *mumbles through full mouth*  I won't tell if you don't.

Summer: *nom,nom,nom*  Mmm. This is GOOD.  How come we can't have this all the time? It's yummy!

Rez:  Don, try this banana bread.  It's outstanding!  Man, I am one lucky Sim to have married such a cook.

Don:  Dude, I'd envy you but I think I've got it pretty sweet.  Great food, great job, great place to live, great family, what more could I ask for?

Mal:  Yeah, she's a good cook.  I guess.  'S all right.  I got friends here.  Guess it's ok.  Pass me that banana bread, Rez.

Romeo:  So Aunt Summer, what's it like?

Summer:  You really want to know?

Romeo:  Yeah.  I want to be prepared.  From an artistic standpoint you know.  Maybe I can incorporate the experience in one of my novels.

Summer:  Ok, you get all wrinkly, and for us ladies that's some of the worst part.  That and the fact that everything you might have been proud of has gone south and sags something fierce.  You get fatter where you shouldn't and skinnier where you shouldn't and your hair......don't even go there.

Romeo:  Whoa!  That sounds even worse than it looks.   I mean......

Spring:  It's ok Romeo.  I know exactly how it looks and yes, it is worse.  Everything is harder to do, everything aches and you don't sleep as well.  But there are ways to help fix it.  Good nutrition, and I'm on top of that, a little hair dye...change of wardrobe, and plenty of rest and exercise but no overdoing it.....

Romeo:  Ok, Aunt Spring.  I think you're beautiful anyway and it's going to be interesting to see the changes.  I think I'd like to wait awhile before it happens to me though!

Summer:  Mommy, are you sure you're ok?  You look so different.

Spring:  Honey bunch, I'm just fine.  This is perfectly natural.  And I don't have to stay looking so different.  You watch, pretty soon my hair will be as red as yours.

Spring:  Summer, you really don't have to worry.  I'm never going to leave you.  You and I will be best friends forever.  And when the day comes that you grow old, I'll still be here with you.

Summer: Promise?

Spring:  I promise, sweetheart.  I love you too much to ever want to leave.

Summer:  I love you Mommy.  I'm glad you'll always be with me.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2015, 08:55:19 PM »
Awww, poor Summer!  I know I don't get to comment often, but I love your writing Joria!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2015, 09:23:54 AM »
Happy birthday, Spring! Sweet Summer, I'm afraid to see what's coming soon.

anything