Author Topic: Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell  (Read 59115 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Time for Thyme Again-December 30 - A Fond Sad Farewell
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »
I am the Watcher.  The one who sees it all.  All the struggles, all the pain, all the successes and sadly, all the failures.  I have witnessed the lives and the deaths of so many who have attempted to succeed at The Challenge.  I have read the rules the all powerful members  called, The Team, have laid down.  I have seen how their leader, the man known as Metropolis has ruled all.  All of those who would win fame and succeed at completing The Challenge.  I ask myself why.  Why do so many struggle with this.  What is the all consuming need that drives so many to endless days and nights of joy and pain?  I have no answer.  I read them all.  All the "stories" written and illustrated with such skill and hope.  I seldom say a word.  I laugh.  I cry.  I hope for all those who are here.  Now it is time for one more.  Perhaps, with the help and encouragement of so many here, perhaps they will succeed this time.  It is time for Thyme again.

**********************************************************************************************

Spring:  What the.....?   Oh, lordy not again!!  Why me, Watcher?  Yes, I know all about you.  Show yourself you miserable, controlling witch!

W: Now, now.  Is that any way to talk to me?  Is it really MY fault it's all been made so difficult?  Your ancestors really gave it a good go you know.  Now it's your Thyme.

Spring:  Right.  We're going to do the play on my name again, huh?  I did not ask to be born a Thyme you know.  I know the story, the history of my families' struggles.  This is a different Simiverse you know.  We don't have big military bases here, or seasonal upsets with nasty weather.  This is Four!  Four is a nice place.  Well, parts of it is.  And, of course, per usual, you have dumped one of my family, ME in this Simforsaken desert!!  I hate deserts!!  And who, may I ask, are these bozos you've put here with me?

W. Hey!  Be nice!  These are the Landgraabs and they will provide you with the funds for a really nice house straight away AND with fishing, gardening, cleaning, repairing, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Now, make nice and say hello. 

Spring:  *putting on fake smile summons up a LOT of patience*  "Hi there!  So, how you all doin'?  My name is Spring Thyme and this is our new home.

Nancy:  You gotta be kidding me!!  What the heck happened here?  What happened to our beautiful mansion?  Geoffrey!  Do something!!

Geoffrey:  Now, now, Nance.  Calm down.  I'm sure there is a good explanation.  Malcolm, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop sneering.  This will all work out.  Right, young lady?  Perhaps you'd care to explain.

Spring:  *takes deep breath*  Ok.  It's a long, long story.   Let's all just calm down, and while I'm explaining I'm sure the Watcher .......

Nancy:  O  EM  G!!!!  Not another Watcher thing!!  So,  I suppose we give up all our wealth and prestige, move into some hovel, work like slaves whilst you kick back, find a handsome man to marry and become immortal.  Right?  I know all about your so called "Watcher".

Spring:  It wasn't exactly my idea either, you know.  But, well......here we are.  We're going to be great friends, you ARE going to have a really nice house and a long and happy life and lots of time to do what you always wanted to do, be with your Geoffrey.  And Mal....well Mal will have a good career, friends at last, and will always be taken care of once you're gone.  Now, let's head out to the gym and work off some of this excess emotion while the Watcher builds us a home.  'K?

*fade to Willow Brook*

Spring:  Ok then!  Now this is more like it!  Why couldn't the Watcher have dropped me here?

W: You know why.  Your whole family was hopeless at finding crucial cherry trees.  Now you'll have them in your back yard.  Get a grip and get a move on.  You've a pollinator and spouse to find.  Geoffrey's too loyal to Nancy and Malcolm is too young so get cracking.

Spring: *sigh* A founder's work is never done.  Ok, you lot!  Time to earn your keep.  Go have fun fishing while you can.  The hard stuff starts tomorrow. 

Spring runs off to the gym to see who she can dredge up there.  It has to be someone really romantic, good looking, buff, and with no intentions of wanting to get married. 

Spring:  Hi there!  You are?........

Don:  Lothario.  Don Lothario at your service pretty lady.  What can I do for you today?  A little heavy training or......?

Spring:  Hello there handsome.  You got any particular plans for the rest of your life?  Because if you haven't, have I got a deal for you!

Don:  Whatcha got in mind, there cutey?  I mean, I've already got a pretty sweet deal here.  I can exercise all I want and there's a ton of gorgeous chicks for me to.....well, let's just leave it at I like it here.

Spring:  Ok, but I think you're going to like this even better.  Words around you're a pretty hot item with the ladies.  No, no modesty here.  You know you are.  A real Simanova.  So how would you like to live in a big house, gorgeous yard, your own en suite room, all the best food you can eat, time to paint, your own exercise equipment, and all for doing what you do best.  And, I gotta be honest with you.  If you agree to my terms you can never leave.  You don't get to move out, you don't get to get married and you don't get to live forever.  Only I do.  BUT your life will be one of luxury and pleasure and providing your particular kind of "service".

Don:  Sounds too good to be true but ok.  I'll give it a shot.  I mean, what have I got to lose besides three nagging, bad tempered women where I don't even have a room of my own?  You got a deal!

Spring:  Don, you won't regret it.  I promise!  Welcome aboard.

And while Spring and Don talk over the details, we leave to see Geof and Nancy happily fishing away.  Tomorrow will be a busy day.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

hazysmith

Re: Time for Thyme Again
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:45:25 PM »
A fantastic start for Spring (and she is gorgeous), all the key players are moved in and she can get cracking towards immortality! I'm looking forward to the next installment already, Joria!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 04:52:10 PM »
Fingers crossed for you this time (or should I say Thyme?).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »
Don is perfect for that job!  Good luck.

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
  • Sims, and Doctor Who rocks!!!!
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 05:26:49 PM »
I love how you started this challenge, I wish you luck.

I agree Don will be a great addition to the family

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »
Oh so exciting! I can not wait to see how this all works out!  ;D Welcome Spring Thyme *snicker*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 11:57:18 PM »
Thank you, each and every one who has read.  I could not have come this far without your support and the help of two very special writers who showed me how to actually play.  I've been with Sims for years and years but mostly what I've done is build.  They showed me how to play and gave me invaluable tips.  My heartfelt thanks!

*****************************************************************************************************

As promised, Geof and Nancy got a nice house to live in.  Here are some pics, but they are the house as it evolved, so just imagine no kids jungle gym, no pool, and minimal landscaping.  The house itself didn't change.  I have to admit, the Watcher did a fairly decent job despite all her moanings and complainings about lack of patterns to recolor.  I'm sure I'll be able to cook up a storm and raise a huge and loving family here.  She even listened to my complaints about being in a desert and made my lot all lovely green.

Here's the front of the house.  Just ignore those columns.  They will not stay for long.

The rest will have to wait.  I don't want to spoil any surprises.  Besides, it's thyme I tell you about the love of my life.  His name is Rez.  A strange name but such a lovely guy.  He was new in town, hadn't found a place to live or a decent job yet, but with his looks he was just right in my eyes.  Ok, so he was no Dude Hollingsworth, but to me he was gorgeous and just what I wanted in a man.  I first saw him jogging on the path behind the museum.  My heart just jumped out of my chest.

Of course I made plans to meet him, like right away!!  When he came around the path to the front of the museum, I called out and greeted him.

Spring:  Uh....hello!  My name is Spring Thyme and I'm rather new here.  Do you know much about this place?

Rez:  Hmmm?  Oh.  Hi.  No, I'm new too.  Name is Rez.

Spring:  Very pleased to meet you Rez.  I saw you jogging a bit back there.  You like the outdoors or just out for a healthy run?

Rez:  Actually I was on my way back from fishing.  Wanted to catch something for dinner.  I'm not a very good cook though.  How about you?  Out taking the sun or just meeting the neighbors?

Spring:  Oh.  Just visiting actually.  I really live in Oasis Springs.  Got a house there and all.  So you like to fish?

Rez:  Yeah, it's ok.  It's really beautiful here, isn't it?  I mean in the town.  Nice town.  Friendly.  *ok Rez don't blow it!  She's a pretty lady and you're the loneliest guy in town.  Casual.  Just be casual.*

Spring: *Watcher....pssst....is he the one?  Heavens but he's cute!  Do you see those eyes?  And just the right amount of muscles.*

W:  shhh.  Don't let him catch you talking to me.  Casual.  Just be casual.  He looks like a winner to me!

Rez:  Did you say something? 

Spring:  Oh.  No.  Just thinking out loud.

Rez:  Say, since we're both new in town, and since we both might want to see a bit more of it, *and each other*, how about if we hang out for a bit?

Spring:  Hang out?  Us?  Like, on a date?

Rez:  Yeah.  A date.  Is it too soon?  I mean we just met and all.  I mean, I'm really a nice guy.  How about it?

Spring:  Well.....ok.  But you mind your p's and q's ok?

Rez:  Great!!  P's and q's it is.

Rez: *ok, Rez.  What do you do now?  She's really gorgeous.  What's your next move?*

Spring:  *ok Spring.  What do you do now?  Don't want to scare him off right off the bat.  How do I tell him I think he's wonderful and handsome and I want him to move in right now?*

Spring:  Errrr, Rez so have you found a place to stay yet?  I mean, I know it can be hard sometimes.  New town, no family around.  You don't have family around do you?

Rez:  Oh.  No.  No family.  No home yet either.  Say.....you wouldn't know of a place would you?  I mean, I'm pretty easy to live with.  Quiet.  Don't make messes.  No pets or bad habits.

Spring:  Rez, my friend, I just happen to know of a really nice place.  Big, luxurious even.  Has four roommates already but lots of space.  TV, all kinds of neat stuff.  Oh, I happen to be one of those roommates.

Rez:  Spring that's awfully sweet of you but it wouldn't be right.  We just met, you know nothing about me and I wouldn't want you to think that I asked you on this date so I could move in.  Thanks but ..........

Spring:  Hey, hey.  It's not a problem.  What are friends for?  You aren't an axe murder or something are you?  No police record?  It would be my pleasure to offer you a place to stay.  And who knows, you might like it there.  Only.......well, there is a catch. 

Rez:  A catch?

Spring:  Yeah.  A big one.  Ever hear of a dynasty?  Watchers?  Immortality? 

Rez:  As a matter of fact I have.  So you're asking me to be part of a dynasty?  Like I get to live forever?

Spring:  Not exactly.  You'd have a great life surrounded by friends and luxury.  You'd have to work hard and your life would be a happy one, but not an immortal one.  The catch is you can never leave.  If you hate the people in the house you'd just have to put up with it.  No moving out ever.  And.......well.......maybe you'd get to know me and.......

Rez:  Fall in love with you?  Maybe even marry you?  Somehow I don't think that would be very hard to take.  When I first saw you I was already half in love with you.

Spring:  Oh, Rez!  I was attracted to you too!  So, you're saying yes?

Rez:  Yes.

Spring:  Whaaaa hooo! 

Spring:  *blushes*  Sorry.  Just got carried away.

Rez:  Honey, you can carry me away any time at all.

Spring:  Soooooo, I guess we should get to know each other a bit right?  I'll start.  First of all, I give pretty good massages.  Turn around and I'll demonstrate.  *any excuse to get my hands on him*

Rez:  Really?  Really.......mmmmmm that feels so good....

Spring:  *mmmmmm.  These lovely, lovely shoulders.  I wonder what it will be like if he....*
There.  How's that?  I'm also a pretty good cook.  How about you?

Rez:  Well, I'm a homebody at heart.  I like to keep things tidy and I love to garden and take care of people.  I love kids too.  I guess I'm rather a romantic at heart, and kind of a rugged outdoor type.  Oh, and I love music.  I sort of play the violin.

Spring:  It's kind of cheesy to say, but I think we're going to make beautiful music together.

Spring:  Oh, and I forgot to tell you.  I love to tickle people!!

Rez:  laughing....ok, ok.  I give!  I give!

Rez:  You're a devil woman!  Luring me into your clutches just so you can tickle me.  Not fair.

Spring:  That's not all I lured you into my clutches for.  C'mere.

Rez: *catches breath*  I think I'm going to have a very adventurous life with you Spring.  Very adventurous.

Spring:  Me too.  I......I hope you'll be happy.  I'm sure I will be.  I really am falling for you you know.  Not just playing with you.

Rez:  Yeah.  Me too.

Spring: *Oh, Watcher.  Let this be the right one.  The right thing to do.  Don't let me mess up.*

W:  *It's ok, Spring.  You're doing just fine.  Now take that nice young man home and have fun.*

Rez:  A beautiful rose for a beautiful lady.  Shall we go?  I want to see our new home, and well......get to know each other much, much better.

Spring:  Thank you, kind sir.  I couldn't agree with the getting to know more.

And so they did:

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 12:12:42 AM »
they look so cute together

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »
I did a little happy dance at the returns of the Thymes. That house is epic my Smiths are looking at our box and shaking their heads in disappointment.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 07:01:57 AM »
Yay! *runs around screaming in delight* So pleased to see this. I was going to comment yesterday but we had a power cut >.> I love the house and the furnishing, so well put together and don't even get me started on the story and characters. I am extremely jealous of your hot townie, Rez is gorgeous and wears guyliner? *tries to steal him away* I hope Geoff and Nancy have an awesome time together, I always felt bad when he 'cheated'! And Don, hot kiddies in town soon, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »
@ Nancy1905:  Thanks so much.  I think they are an adorable couple and really just so cuddly and mushy together.  I wasn't sure I'd be able to make this dynasty get past the founder so in the beginning I missed a lot of screen shots.  She actually met him for the first time right outside her front door and it took no time at all to convince him to go on a date with her and then move in.  Love birds right from the start.

@ Ratchie:  Thanks Ratchie!  I've been struggling and struggling with building in TS4 but I really like the way this house turned out.  I'm working on a slightly different version for the gallery.

@ Nettlejuice:  Thanks so much Nettlejuice.  Couldn't have been here without you and Playsalot!  I have been extremely lucky when it comes to homeless townies.  In three of my several attempts I wound up with really beautiful or handsome townies and with really nice traits as well.  Rez tops the list though as he is the perfect house husband.  The guyliner actually was part of him right from the beginning and he even had decent clothes.  I think the only outfits I changed was his formal, added a tuxedo, and his workout clothes.  As for Nancy and Geof, my only regret this time around is I failed to take a lot of screenies of them so a lot of their story will be missing.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Time for Thyme Again, Thyme Moves On
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
W:  So?  All is well?  You're settling in and doing what you need to do?

Spring:  Yes, oh Nag From Above!  I've got a great job and am already a caterer on the verge of being promoted.  Just one more level in mixology and I'll have it made.  Plus, I've worked on a few other minor skills so I can complete those all important Whims.  I discovered I need to leave the violin to Rez though.

W:  Oh!  Is that what all that squawking and screeching was?  I thought someone was being murdered.

Spring:  Hey!  I gave it my best shot!  Besides, it wasn't as important as my cooking and stuff.  I can already make a few gourmet dishes.  Don complains a wee bit because he says he has to work out twice as hard with all the good food I'm fixing.  I promised him good food and I stick to my promises, no one told him he had to eat it.  He's even learning how to cook a bit so he can make some protein stuff.

Spring:  And Rez and I are really in love.  We always make time for each other after my shift is over.  Sometimes he has to take a nap before I come home but he's always there for me.  We have a meal I've cooked earlier and then "retire".  During the day he keeps pretty busy and is definitely holding up his end of our agreement.  I took some pictures of him before I had to go to work.

Spring:  Isn't he adorable?  He is so proud of our garden.  Nancy and Geof have been hard at it as well and we even get Mal to pitch in when he isn't hard at work on his homework and skills.  He says he wants to be a scientist and I did promise Nancy and Geof he'd have a good life.  Of course, we have to keep a reign on his tongue or he gets pretty nasty.  It's that awful evil trait you know.

W:  Well, you watch out for him and I will as well.  Once your children come along he'll be mean to them and maybe even break their toys just to see them cry.

Spring:  I'll keep an eye out.  Meanwhile, speaking of children, Nancy and Geof are pregnant again!  They were as surprised as I was.  Said it was all the cuddling and mush going on between me and Rez, not to mention Don's activities.  He went out to get the mail the other day and the next thing we knew.......

Don:  So, Etta, this is my room.....pretty sweet eh?  Those lights?  Well, darlin' they are there just to put us in the right mood.

Etta:  *giggles*  Oh, Donny.  It's sooooo nice.  And that looks like a very comfy bed.

Don:  *leers*  Shall we try it out and see?

Spring:  He no sooner had sent Etta on her way than along came Michaela Alonzo.  She's our post person.  I'm thinking mail is going to be late if it comes at all!  What is it about those muscles that sends the women crazy about him?

Spring:  As for Nancy and Geof, I over heard them the other day.......

Geof:  A baby?!  Really?  A baby?  I thought we were done with that. 

Nancy:  Yes!  Aren't you happy?  I mean....you do want it don't you?

Geof:  Want it?!  I'm over the moon!  Can I.........?

Nancy:  Of course, silly!  Oh, Geof I'm so happy!  We have a lovely home, good jobs, nice people to live with.  I think it's time I quit my job though.  I'd like to try writing, right here at home where I can take care of my baby.

Geof:  *feels tummy*  I couldn't agree with you more.  There is Mal after all.  Wonderful son but.......well......working from home sounds good to me.

W:I don't just watch you, you know.  We Watchers are very busy people.  So many threads, so many dynasties.  We watch them all.  Keeps life interesting.

Spring:  You have a life?  I thought you were just a voice in my head.

W:Oh, no.  That's Voice.  She has her own problems to take care of and of course I have a life.  You'll get to see it when you finish your goals.  Right now it's YOU running around in my head!  Gotta run but I'll share some words and images with you before I leave.  Don at work.  *snickers*  Expect a population explosion real soon.

Nina:  So nice of you to come visit.  We've missed you.  You know, no one to take out the trash.  So home come you haven't come to visit sooner?

Don:  Well I've missed you too.  You always were my favorite you know, gorgeous lady.  I've been being kept pretty busy at the house you know.  Sorry I've not been here sooner.  I've been doing some service work.  Sooooo, are the rest of the gals at home?

Nina:  No.  It's just us, why?

Don:  *kisses*  That's why sweetie pie.  You know you've always made my heart skip a beat.

Nina:  Oh, Don!  Why haven't you said something before?  I mean, you lived right here in the house with me.

Don:  Didn't stand a chance with all of you around.  Besides, I had to work on these.

Nina:  Oooooooh, Donnie!  Ummm, would you care to take a look at my room?

Don:  I thought you'd never ask.  Let's go Sweet Cheeks.  Time is movin' on.  *swaggers off with Nina, smirking to himself*

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »
I see that Mr. Lothario is living up to his name. Fingers crossed for you on this one!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »
I am hoping he wont get caught