Author Topic: Pregnancy Mod  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Pregnancy Mod
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:53:02 PM »
Does anybody know of a mod that will allow me to choose the gender and number of babies a pregnant sim will have? Any that I have found are outdated and no longer work with recent patches.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Pregnancy Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »
The one I'm currently using is Pregnancy Mega Mod v4. Even tho it hasn't been update for awhile it still works for me with no problems.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
Hmm. I have tried that mod but it didn't work for me. I may have installed it incorrectly so I'll try again. Thanks, grimsoul.

Offline bubblewands

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:19:58 PM »
So sorry that this is so old, but I appear to be having the same problem. This is the first script mod I've installed, I've followed all of the instructions that came with the download page (found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=547232), and script mods are enabled in my game. I haven't unzipped the _script file, I've done nothing with the package file either. I've put both into my mods folder, under The Sims 4.
I use Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, I bought my game late September.
I am 100% sure I'm using it on a pregnant sim too, she's in her first trimester according to the game.
What do!?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 10:23:58 PM »
It may be a case that the mod is simply out dated. With every game patch that comes out (and we just had a new patch yesterday) mods can become broken or out of date.

The only way to check is to go to the mod creators site and see if they have made a notice or an update saying which patch the mod will work with.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline bubblewands

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 10:46:57 PM »
It may be a case that the mod is simply out dated. With every game patch that comes out (and we just had a new patch yesterday) mods can become broken or out of date.

The only way to check is to go to the mod creators site and see if they have made a notice or an update saying which patch the mod will work with.
I figured it was somewhat related to the patch. However, on the site that I've used (Mod The Sims), the mod and its description haven't been updated since August 2015, and that was only adding some notes about the patch that swayed genders. I'll scour the internet a bit more and see if I can find anything else. If I do, I'll update this.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 07:28:41 PM »
Thanks @bubblewands  it's really disappointing when you find a mod that you really want to use only to discover it hasn't been updated recently.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
@bubblewands --- After the baby is born, you could use cas.fulleditmode and change the child's gender. I know it's not a mod, but that will help you to "select" the child's gender.

The other thing you can do (but it's much slower) is to have the pregnant Sim eat strawberries and listen to pop music on the radio, if you want a girl or eat carrots and listen to alternative, if you want a boy.

Good luck with any mods you use, though :).

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »
Personalty I use MC Command Center which is available on Mod The Sims. It's got modules for all different types of things in the game and Deaderpool is pretty fast at keeping it updated when a new patch gets released if it messes up his mod at all. Most of the things his mod does are things that are available from the games developer commands but it does alot of custom things also. Including several extra commands for pregnancy.

Other than some custom content clothing his mod is the only one I use in game to do things. :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
Do you know @Rangervegas  it's about the only mod I haven't tried! lol. I think it's because I know it works so well I haven't bothered testing it out. I can't leave any mods in my game on a permanent basis as otherwise I can't answer vanilla game play questions accurately. Although recently in my spare time I have been throwing every mod I can find into my game just out of interest. It's been an... education shall we say... when it comes to a few of them!  :P

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 05:32:54 PM »
Do you know @Rangervegas  it's about the only mod I haven't tried! lol. I think it's because I know it works so well I haven't bothered testing it out. I can't leave any mods in my game on a permanent basis as otherwise I can't answer vanilla game play questions accurately. Although recently in my spare time I have been throwing every mod I can find into my game just out of interest. It's been an... education shall we say... when it comes to a few of them!  :P
@Playalot --- Have fun with your new "modfest!"  That sounds like a great experience 8).

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 02:58:29 AM »

@Playalot as a general rule I try to stick to one or two script mods as it seems like alot are combos of each other sometimes and when you get more than one trying to modify the same game behavior it seems like a recipe for disaster. Probably leads to alot of corrupted save files. :D

CC Mods seem to be alot easier to deal with multiples although even there you can run into problems if it's something trying to replace base game content instead of being built as an add on CC item.

Have fun with your Mod Fest. Maybe you'll get some new pictures for the goofy pictures post. :D <two headed baby???> LOL

anything