Author Topic: Wifi switch greyed out *Fixed*  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Wifi switch greyed out *Fixed*
« on: June 13, 2015, 06:54:27 AM »
Hi, hoping the Flynns can help here.

I'm trying to help a Tumblr friend out, neither of us are tech savvy and this isn't to do with Sims 4 but I'm not sure where to post. Her WiFi switch is greyed out on her laptop. She has already uninstalled and reinstalled the WiFi drivers, factory reset the laptop. Followed the steps provided HERE and still nothing.

Here's the info she provided: Toshiba satellite L50-A Windows 8.1 Qualcomm atheros ar956x wireless network adapter.

Thank you!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Wifi switch greyed out
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »
Hi, hoping the Flynns can help here.

I'm trying to help a Tumblr friend out, neither of us are tech savvy and this isn't to do with Sims 4 but I'm not sure where to post. Her WiFi switch is greyed out on her laptop. She has already uninstalled and reinstalled the WiFi drivers, factory reset the laptop. Followed the steps provided HERE and still nothing.

Here's the info she provided: Toshiba satellite L50-A Windows 8.1 Qualcomm atheros ar956x wireless network adapter.

Thank you!
Hi, NettleJuice.

Have them try the steps in this message and see if it helps -- http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2632860/toggle-permanently-greyed.html

There are a large number of posts on this issue and it seems to be a common problem. Hope this helps. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 04:56:03 AM »
Thank you ^.^ It's working again but hopefully this will help her out for next time (should it occur again).
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:22:39 PM »
You're welcome, we're happy to help!! :)

MrsFlynn

==========
Thank you ^.^ It's working again but hopefully this will help her out for next time (should it occur again).
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything