Author Topic: Hotkey for Cycling Through Design Options  (Read 3050 times)

Dellena

Hotkey for Cycling Through Design Options
« on: June 13, 2015, 06:25:54 AM »
Quite a while back, SimGuruGraham tweeted about a hotkey that no one seemed to know about.  It's been a while and I'd forgotten it but wanted to find it again and it could be quite handy.  @Twinmum helped me find it again.  I'm tagging @Carl on this so it can be added to the hotkey list on the guide.

Here's how it works.  When buying a new item (you click on it from the catalogue), but before you place it, use the + key on your number key pad on the right of your keyboard to cycle through the design options for the item.  Once you're clicked to place the item, you would need to use the Design tool to change it.

I hope you find it helpful.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Hotkey for Cycling Through Design Options
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 06:28:10 AM »
That's one of my favourite hotkeys, especially as I have a ton of CC in a thousand colours, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Hotkey for Cycling Through Design Options
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »
Wow, thanks. As you suspected I had no idea. I think this sounds really useful for when you're not sure what color to make something, to avoid going back and forth trying to find a match. I'm not overly fond of the box where you select those patterns, anyway and could basically avoid it using this. I will add it to hotkeys right away. :)

anything