Author Topic: Issues with Patches; have to repair game to be able to play  (Read 12090 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Issues with Patches; have to repair game to be able to play
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 04:43:41 AM »
Shewolf, I do use Wi-Fi.

Sorry, thought your issue was very similar to mine. I hope you manage to sort it out  :(

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 07:28:10 AM »
I usually have to repair the game after a update. My problems isn't as serious as yours, it's usually just a some little glitch that happens after a patch.
Like today I realized that sense the last patch my sims hadn't had any visitors come over to the house and knock on the door. I came out of the game and done a repair and started the game back up and had a visitor after playing about an hour.
The patch before that I wasn't able to fish and had to do a repair to fix that.
But it is strange that the patch will break something and repairing the game will fix it.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 12:30:43 PM »
@Tigerskin  No need to apologize.  I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.  Though... I am kinda wondering if all these things aren't connected to the Wifi issue...  Something with the variable strength of the signal causing issues?

@grimsoul I've had little things crop up like that, but normally after playing a bit.  I think repairing the game once a week is helpful because of all the patches sometimes XD

I'm not real tech savvy so I'm just kinda spit-balling with all this and going off things others have said and done.  I'll be interested to see what using a wired connection does the next patch.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 07:21:08 PM »
Hi Shewolf,

Now that a new patch has come out, has using a wired connection helped with patching and not having to repair the game afterwards?

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:39 PM »
I actually didn't have an issue this time, though I still used a wireless connection XD It might just be that my wireless signal was playing up before.  So it would make sense. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 11:03:20 PM »
I'm happy to hear you were able to patch without problems. As I was patching my game I watched it pretty closely to make sure it behaved as well. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 11:40:20 PM »
I think I just was having some fluctuations with my wireless the last few patches.  I watched it closely this time myself and it all seemed good.  And I didn't have to repair the game! Which is a major plus ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.