Author Topic: Floor Tiles Not Working  (Read 6499 times)

Offline lunaura

• Llama Wrangler
Floor Tiles Not Working
« on: June 03, 2015, 03:32:30 PM »
I've been using a lot of houses from the catalog, just because I suck at house making...And I've noticed that when I put a house in from my library, some of the floor tiles don't work, even with nothing on them. All they do is make what WAS supposed to be on them, not there, and I can't even place another tile of flooring down.

Is there something I need to do to fix this? No matter how I try to put flooring down on those squares, it doesn't work, even if I'm trying to put flooring on ALL the ground, it ends up with holes.

*Note, this is the grass level, not on a foundation in a room. I've only seen it when trying to put, say, a sidewalk down or something similar. Added screenshot to give an example.

Thank you all.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: Floor Tiles Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:40:24 PM »
You're not the only one who's experienced this problem. Unfortunately, it's a glitch. When I experience this problem, I place a basement under the piece of floor that's not working. Even if I remove the basement afterwards I can now place things on that tile. If multiple unplaceable tiles are next to each other, you can make a larger basement and fix them all at once. One thing to note; the only moves the unplaceable tile; when you place the basement it might make a tile adjacent to the first one not work. The only way I've found to fix this is by doing the same thing with that tile. This might make fixing the floor a long and frustrating process, depending on where the unplaceable tile goes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lunaura

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »
Would it be best just to make a basement under the whole lot to fix it?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
I actually hadn't thought of that! It'll probably just push the unplaceable tiles to the outer border of the lot (since you can't make any buildings on the outer square), but it might work.