Author Topic: Look What's in Store for You!  (Read 34748 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Look What's in Store for You!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »
Rules Modification:

If you conceive a child through alien abduction, you must send the child back to homeworld immediately after birth.  Click on the bassinet.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 08:10:59 AM »
Do we have to open the store in week 1? Do we have to sell every week? Or can we do things, when we're good and ready to have a go?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 08:16:47 AM »
You don't have to open your store everyday. 
You don't have to open your store in week 1.
You can go do your stuff and when ready open your store.

Example:
You can skip 5 weeks and just open in week 6 and sell one type of item.  Although your retail store income may suffer, but it is up to you to decide when and how often to open your store.  Everyone starts with $10000 retail funds, regardless of when you open the store.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 08:20:01 AM »
  • Harvests (from homegrown plants, gardening skill)

Garden harvests have been removed from the list of allowed items to sell in your store.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »
  • Harvests (from homegrown plants, gardening skill)

Garden harvests have been removed from the list of allowed items to sell in your store.

@Metropolis Man May I ask why? I'm looking through the thread and can't think of a reason. To be fair, I don't have much experience with gardening, so I might just be missing some commonly known advantage/exploit it has.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »
There is a well known exploit with gardening harvests' value.  For dynasty it doesn't matter, because dynasty goal is not about value.  For this challenge it matters, because it is all about $$$ at the end of the day.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »
@Nutella Thank you! See, I only garden for my dynasty, didn't know that at all.  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »
I've never run a store before, so I don't know if you can sell group servings to a single customer.  When you said meals, did you mean a single serving size, or is a group serving allowed, if it's possible?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 05:08:05 PM »
I've never run a store before, so I don't know if you can sell group servings to a single customer.  When you said meals, did you mean a single serving size, or is a group serving allowed, if it's possible?

If Nutella wants to restrict it to single serving, then she can jump in and say so when she returns. She is out of town at the moment. Otherwise, sell whatever size meal you want to.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »
My impression from the bakery one of my sims had is that single and group servings go for the same price. It's been a few weeks since my sim had a bakery, though, so I'd have to check this.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 07:20:05 PM »
I think Nutella meant all types of meals: home cooking, gourmet cooking and baking.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 05:23:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

Postcards don't seem to be able to be sold in a store.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 10:26:56 AM »

You can sell single serving or group serving, your choice.  Yes, you can sell group servings to a single customer.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »
Rules Modification:

These 3 items have been removed from the items list (things that you could sell at your retail store):
--  Harvests (from homegrown plants, gardening skill)
--  Fishes
--  Postcards

This item have their wordings modified:
-- Meals (from homestyle/gourmet/baking cooking skill - single or group servings)

I am a strong believer in transparency so I would like to explain why the team decided to remove these 3 items:

Harvests -- Since the launch of sims 4, there is a gardening harvest exploit.  The value of harvest increases quite substantially whenever the loading screen comes up.  So if a player has some fruits/veggies in their inventory and travels a lot (loading screen a lot), the value increases without them even realizing that they are exploiting the game.  To make it simple, we just ban selling harvests.

Fishes -- Another exploit I just found out, thanks to Tixxis.  If you mount fish in increasing order of price, the mounted fish will ALL end up being worth the highest value one.  Again to make things simple, we ban selling fish to avoid this exploit.

Postcards -- This one is not an exploit, just something that can't be sold at the retail store.  Thank you ClayMask for letting us know.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »
Rules Modification:

Added this to the ruleset:
Sure Sale Retail Perk -- You cannot queue up multiple times while using this perk.  One time every 4 hours only per household.

A current bug allows Sure Sale to be queued multiple times, when the first use should initiate the cooldown.  You are allowed to use sure sale (if you have the points to buy it), but only do it once on a customer, wait for cooldown and then you can do it again.  The exploit allows you to use it multiple times before initiating a cooldown.