Author Topic: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation  (Read 48263 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2015, 07:04:52 PM »
Two days? And you basically cannot do anything for more than 24 hours because that's how long it takes to get the Ravenous model. Wow. Looking forward to reading what you did , Tixxis.

It's a bit more than two days, Metro. But only a bit... :)

EDIT:
Dang! You're right and I'm wrong - again. It seems to become a habit of mine.
I number my days and Tuesday is day 3. But yes, they finished before 8.00 am and that makes it less than 2 days.  :o

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2015, 10:44:29 PM »
Wow, Tixxis! My score was over twice that and I wasn't even following a major rule!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2015, 11:06:40 PM »
My mouth dropped opened when I saw your score. @Tixxis I am really looking forward to reading about that tomorrow, and I hope there will be more scores coming in.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
Please put me as DNF please.
Cynthia

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2015, 12:03:19 AM »
Congratulations Tixxis!  You did so well.  I didn't do nearly as well, with my Sims finishing in 5294 minutes.  I look forward to hearing your strategy.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2015, 01:25:39 AM »
Tixxis and Claymask you two have amazing scores, now I do not even have to be sad that I have only been capable of sleeping when coming home from work the last two weeks, and therefor never finished my file.

Cant wait to here how you did this.

Offline fivebyfive

• Nooboo
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2015, 01:55:58 AM »
Wow, those two scores are amazing!! I am dying to read your strategies!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2015, 07:59:55 AM »
This event is now closed. Tixxis racked up her first win and topped the 19-player field. Well done and a simply amazing score. My thanks as always to all participants. Feel free to share strategy. I will be curious if Tixxis will jump ahead of Lena in the World Ranking - we will soon find out. I am off to compute that now. :)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2015, 08:27:03 AM »
He-he! This is actually my first win, because I entered the only other winning score too late.
I'm so happy with this result and thank you all.

My strategy was based on the principle that whims reset in time and space. This challenge was all about limiting time, so I used travel to renew whims over and over.
Here is how it went:

Mulligan, Monica and Maeve Bo are sisters.
They are gregarious, cheerful, childish and love the outdoors.

Monica

She was directed to activate the satellite to prevent alien abductions and to end the 'Welcome Wagon' early. There was no further interference from me until 5.00 pm. Then, I directed her to insult, to fight and to declare enemies. She fought each sister only once. When both Mulligan and Maeve were her enemies, I queued as many naps for Monica as possible.
At 11.59 pm the girls had acquired 3 skill levels each: charisma, comedy and video gaming. They did this autonomously. I didn't look at their whim stats this early in the challenge.

Maeve

She was directed to insult Mulligan without delay. Maeve fought her once and promptly declared her an enemy. I then made her nap seven or eight times in a row. There was no further interference from me until the sisters were all ravenous and enemies. This happened at 8.51 pm.

Maeve had to make the best of the time remaining. Initially, her general discomfort was overridden by embarrassment. In the next few hours, she frequently switched aspirations.
Here is a list of her main actions.

08.51 pm - 09.33 pm (home)
- called someone on the phone
- harvested a plant, dug up 1 metal and 1 time capsule (total worth $180)
- bought/sold a toy
- repeatedly bought bookcase, sold books through personal inventory, sold bookcase
- earned $100, earned $500, earned $1,000
- bought/sold a bonzai
- also completed: buy something worth $100
- read something

09.33 pm - 11.53 pm (Oasis Springs Gym)
- grilled a group meal nearby while her sisters showered and served it at the gym
- bought/drank a moodlet solver
- became happy
- called someone on the phone
- became inspired
- acquired and eventually maxed photography
- completed all 'earn X' whims
- made a second set of photos worth $1,600
- dragged this set from personal inventory onto Mulligan's person (= transfer)
- made a third set of photos worth just over $2,500
- read something

11.53 pm - 11.59 pm (home)
- bought/(sold) easel, ovens, instrument, bar, bookcase, chess table, toy, chair, pool, pool accessory
- completed all 'buy something worth X' whims
- completed all 'earn X' whims
- kept 1 book and transferred 1 book to Monica
- bought 1 moodlet solver
- transferred moodlet solver to Mulligan
- became happy
- queued/pinned 'call someone on the phone' and 'read something'

Challenge status report:

Skill Levels: Mulligan 3, Monica 3, Maeve 10
Whim Stats: Mulligan 7, Monica 3, Maeve 41
Household Funds: $3,623
Satisfaction Points: 2,525
Good Friends: none

Mulligan

Mulligan switched aspirations frequently. She followed much of the pattern established by Maeve. But there were also differences.

Mulligan travelled between home and 'Midtown Meadows' in Newcrest. I call this a loop.
Both locations allow for reading without taking a seat. This saves time.
When Mulligan 'read something' she mostly read a skill book. This was always the last action whether at home or away. Learning is near instant and the actual action can be cut short by initiating travel.
Mulligan used 3 different methods to satisfy 'earn X' whims.
- photographs
- entering/quitting careers
- a combination of toys and instruments sold through her personal inventory

Mulligan completed 9 loops: home - away with all actions for both locations completed.
I have the exact times for these if you'd like to see them.
Here, I shall simply list the 'highlight moments'.

12.05 am:
- drank moodlet solver
- 3000 satisfaction points

12.29 am:
- 'Whimsical': Mulligan 54, Monica 4, Maeve 44

12.37 am:
- bought 'Connections'

03.01 am:
- entered/quitted all careers and sold all rewards

03.32 am:
- 30 skill levels (Mulligan 17, Monica 3, Maeve 10)

04.56 am:
- 300 completed whims (Mulligan 245, Monica 11, Maeve 49)

06.41 am
- 3 good friends: Blarffy, Drago and Dino are giant stuffed animals
- household funds: $30,748

For the record, I played the file in one go and only used [save + exit] to close it.
I deleted every whim for a hot tub as soon as it popped up. This whim is part of an exploitable glitch: it can be satisfied by buying anything.

And that's it. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
Excellent work, Tixxis!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:56 AM »
Again, great job Tixxis.  Congratulations!

I started this challenge with three Sims of the following traits:  loves outdoors, bro, family-oriented, and muser.  After the start which was the same for my Sims as for everyone, my main strategy involved three parts: satisfy initial needs, gather starting funds, and everything else.

For the satisfy initial needs phase, my Sims spent several hours at the Caliente household.  My active Sim slept in a very nice bed there, ate some food cooked by the Calientes, and used the toilet and shower.  After this she went out to gather a few collectibles.  She sold them as she gathered them, and stopped after gathering the required 111 simoleans for a one day vacation at Granite Falls.  All of the Sims now went on vacation.

The main point of the vacation phase was to gather starting funds, with a side goal of satisfying whims and gathering aspiration points.  My active Sim mined the same node repeatedly, while working towards the curator aspiration.  I was constantly cycling through her whims while she did this, in order to get ones related to collecting and also the whim to call someone.  Before the end of the day she had 3000 satisfaction points, which I used to have her buy connections, and then join and quit all the jobs.  Everyone now returned from vacation, and sold all of the rewards from the family inventory.  Combined with the sales of the collectibles gathered, they now had over 30,000 simoleans.  I used some of these funds to set up some furniture that could help them fill their needs, as well as a focused room with cheap computers, and an inspired area with a bar, fridge, counter, and stove.  All of these were for the nonactive Sims except the kitchen items.

The everything else phase was mostly focused on satisfying whims as quickly as possible, with a little bit of time dedicated to making three good friends.  The fastest way I could think of to satisfy a lot of whims was making caprese salads, and making sure to satisfy three whims related to cooking these with every salad made.  The Sim that had been doing the collecting while on vacation had a few hours to work on her cooking skill before midnight, and managed to make enough satisfaction points to buy two moodlet solvers in the process.  She drank one before the end of the night, and passed the other one to the next active Sim. 

The next active Sim worked on her cooking skill and moved on to making caprese salads.  When she had 2000 satisfaction points, she bought incredibly friendly and quickly made good friends with three Sims.  The method used for this was mostly boasting about family, and also satisfying a few social whims.  Then it was back to making caprese salads until she had 3000 more aspiration points, at which point she bought the connections reward and joined and quit two jobs as before to make the rest of the funds that would be needed.  Then it was making caprese salads for the rest of the day, buying moodlet solvers with the remaining points.  Whims were also satisfied during this day by buying requested items and doing simple things such as watching a TV station or viewing art.

At midnight it was time to switch back to the Sim from the day before, who now already had the cooking skill necessary to start gourmet cooking.  It turned out that the Sim I switched to generated enough whims to buy things and other whims fulfilled with minimal effort that no cooking was necessary.  More than the required thirty skill points were earned between the cooking and gourmet cooking that had been done, and everything that the Sims did autonomously.  Selling some of the furniture raised the household funds above 30,000.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
Fantastic job, Tixxis and ClayMask, though your explanations do remind me of one minor nitpick I had with this challenge. I feel like compared to the other tournament challenges this one had a little less clarity in some of the rules, specifically in the days when becoming ravenous. The two main goals were clear, but other than that everything else was a weird gray area, so I ended up avoiding it. Being able to nap during the initial phase obviously wouldn't have helped me, but it might've improved someone else's.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2015, 10:43:53 AM »
@officialghosts I wasn't really sure about the beginning part either, so I sent the team a PM.  What I was told by MarianT about the beginning was, "If you can think of something to do that won't contribute to making money, building skills, fulfilling whims, making friends, or increasing satisfaction, then go for it. I think fast forwarding should be okay."

I felt like the hardest objective to complete for this challenge was satisfying 300 whims.  I didn't like the idea of intentionally resetting whims just to accomplish this, which was my main problem with this challenge.  It wasn't against the rules though, so it was up to everyone's judgment on how much to do this.

@Tixxis  When my Sims were ravenous, I found that they were unable to use a digsite.  Was it the embarrassment of your Sim that allowed the Sim to do this?

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »
@Tixxis  When my Sims were ravenous, I found that they were unable to use a digsite.  Was it the embarrassment of your Sim that allowed the Sim to do this?

Yes. The 'very embarrassed' or 'very angry' moodlets can override intense hunger and lack of hygiene as long as the Sim is not exhausted.
It saved a lot of time.

I must re-read your strategy about the dig sites in Granite Falls. I remember you used it in the collection challenge. But I can't remember how it works.
You did so very well, ClayMask. I must admit that I feared you.
My score could be cut down further by using more of the bookcase strategy and less photography.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2015, 11:44:02 AM »
Yes. The 'very embarrassed' or 'very angry' moodlets can override intense hunger and lack of hygiene as long as the Sim is not exhausted.
It saved a lot of time.

I must re-read your strategy about the dig sites in Granite Falls. I remember you used it in the collection challenge. But I can't remember how it works.
You did so very well, ClayMask. I must admit that I feared you.
My score could be cut down further by using more of the bookcase strategy and less photography.

Tixxis how much skill does this give you?
When Mulligan 'read something' she mostly read a skill book. This was always the last action whether at home or away. Learning is near instant and the actual action can be cut short by initiating travel.