Author Topic: Issues with Using Corner Cabinets  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Issues with Using Corner Cabinets
« on: May 22, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »
Ok, I tend to think of myself as pretty decent with build mode.  But I'm having an issue with placing one of the corner cabinets.  For reference, I have auto counters/cabinets off so I can place things manually.  On one corner, I can place the corner cabinet without a problem.  It faces the correct way, but when I try to flip it around for the opposite side, it doesn't work.  Here are some screenshots that help explain my issue.

In this first picture, this is what happens when I try to place it in that corner.  It faces entirely the wrong way.  When I try to use '<' or '>' to turn it, it flips over and sits on the outside of the building.

This next image shows that it fits in another corner perfectly, however.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I swear I've used this same technique before with success, so I don't know whether this is a glitch or what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated XD

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Issues with Using Corner Cabinets
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:32:47 PM »
Have you tried getting out of the game and then going back in to finish. It looks to me like it could be a glitch. I just tried by recreating your room with the same cabinets, window and lights and it works fine. I did have a bit of an issue when I turned the cabinate to face the wall and then when I tried to move it and place it right, I wouldn't turn at first. I moved it along the wall but it still wouldn't turn. I ended up dragging it into the middle of the room and when I put it back against the wall, it turned the correct way.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:38:52 PM »
This is actually the second attempt.  I saved and exited the game and left it for the night so I'm not sure what's going on.  And I've tried to get it to work that way as well, Twinmum.  By dragging it to the middle of the room.  It keeps resetting it as soon as I get it back to the corner.  I've never had to fiddle with things quite like that and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I even tried moving everything else out of the way to see if that worked.  The only thing I didn't move was the window.  Do you think that has anything to do with it?

Also, thanks for answering ^^

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:55:07 PM »
I doubt it's the window. In my test setup, I have the window and the light and it works fine. What if you delete those couple of bits of wall and then rebuild them. That might help.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:56:57 PM »
When I get a chance to get back in game, I'll definitely try that.  Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll let ya know if it worked.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 10:25:40 PM »
I doubt it's the window. In my test setup, I have the window and the light and it works fine. What if you delete those couple of bits of wall and then rebuild them. That might help.

Thanks for the suggestions, Twinmum ^^  I deleted the walls.  Even then, I still had to drag it out to the center of the room and then every so carefully drag it back.  It was so sensitive that I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it because as soon as it was a half-grid away, it seemed to get bumped almost and then end up outside the room XD But after about 10 more minutes of maneuvering, finally got it in.  Thanks for the help ^^

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 03:27:14 PM »
Urgh... I don't know what it is with corner cabinets... I'm having an issue with another house yet again.  No matter what I do, try to put the cabinet in the corner and then it automatically clicks OUTSIDE. I have a video here and I have some pictures as well.  I even tried using F5 for moving it a 1/4 of a tile at a time as well as using Alt for a free drag with more control.

http://vid781.photobucket.com/albums/yy94/Jessi_Brown/Sims/Sim%204%20Builds/Video_zps3zitavxf.mp4

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 03:30:13 PM »
I have the same issue, it's got to the point that I just can't use them anymore. I tried for over half an hour last night to place a corner upper wall unit in my dynasty house... gave up and left the space empty.  :( I almost laughed at your video as that was exactly what I was doing last night. It's a pain!

*Edited: I even tried to place it on the corner of the room next door (where it kept clicking to) in the hopes that it would then click into the 'correct' corner. Sheesh... using reverse psychology on kitchen counters.  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »
I have the same issue, it's got to the point that I just can't use them anymore. I tried for over half an hour last night to place a corner upper wall unit in my dynasty house... gave up and left the space empty.  :( I almost laughed at your video as that was exactly what I was doing last night. It's a pain!

*Edited: I even tried to place it on the corner of the room next door (where it kept clicking to) in the hopes that it would then click into the 'correct' corner. Sheesh... using reverse psychology on kitchen counters.  ::)

Yup, tried that after I recorded the video too XD I don't remember it being this hard!  I know I put corner cabinets in my Dynasty house and in other builds... so was it a patch?  Does anyone else have this issue?

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 04:09:40 PM »
Try this.

Turn ON Auto Counters.

Use the normal wall cabinet to place all of the hanging wall cabinets.  With Auto Counters ON, it should automatically place the corner cabinet you want.  Once it's placed, you can delete the normal cabinets you don't want and with Auto Counters OFF, place other special cabinets you would like.  This works for me as I've had the same issue with the corner cabinets when trying to place them with Auto Counters OFF.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 04:23:41 PM »
... --facepalms-- Dellena, you are a genius!  It worked!  I can't believe I didn't think of that... Thanks so much for pointing it out!  I was driving myself insane!  Lost all enthusiasm to finish off the house because I couldn't get it to work just right XD

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 04:30:25 PM »
Oh..so obvious! lol...Cool.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Dellena

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 06:11:32 PM »
Glad to be of help.  I know how frustrating it can be when you can't get something to work the way you want.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »
The thing is,  I know I was able to do it before... so I'm just curious if it's something from a patch or what that made it almost impossible now.