Author Topic: Patch Notes 05/14/2015 – PC Version 1.7.62.1020 / Mac Version 1.7.62.1220  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Source:  May 14, 2015 Patch Notes

Hey Simmers,

We know it’s only been a short while since our most recent release. We have just a small update here as we are getting ready for the up and coming release of The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack.

So, what have we got for you?

What’s New?

•Sims your household knows can call you up and invite you to some of their events!
•Sims in a relationship might get a phone call to go on a date. Your child’s friends might ask them over for a play date. Or your “ready to age up, but not yet aged up” friends can call to ask you join them for their birthday party*.

*If you have aging turned off in the options panel, this will not invalidate that option. However, if you attend the birthday party, the Sim throwing the party will age up as a result of the party.

And we addressed a couple… well I mean, a couple is two, right? Yea, and a few is more than a couple, while some is more than a few? And several is greater than… yea ok, I got it. We fixed "some" issues. Some, yea, some is good.

“Some” Issues Fixed

•We fixed an issue where the social Ask on Date was working correctly, however if you chose the same action from the Relationship Panel or the Phone, it was 100% guaranteed to succeed. The Relationship Panel and Phone options now have the same chance for success and failure as the social.
•We fixed an issue that was preventing the Create a Sim tutorial from advancing properly in some cases when the Genetics panel was active.
•We fixed an issue that could cause the phone to ring only when the game was paused.
•I’m picturing a family of frozen Sims, unable to reach the ringing telephone. The parents, they’re fine, they’ve long since taught themselves to ignore the phone… the teens? The teens are silently screaming, unable to claw their way to the ringing phone. It’s a movie, called “The Unanswerable.”

•We fixed a few text errors in the chance card for level four of the Writing career. Ironic?

Thank you,
 SimGuruGnome

Btw, did you know that if you add just one letter to a sentence with ‘few’, it alters the meaning significantly: I have few friends vs. I have a few friends.

Thanks again!
 -SGG

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I so missed my sims being asked to other households parties! Great addition.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Oooo!  That's great!  Good addition!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
You had me at play date  :D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Not including the ability to go to other Sims' houses for events at first was a pretty big flaw I am relieved they fixed. The game will feel a bit more realistic and give Sims more reason to get out of the house. I've been taking a break from regular play and am excited to come back to a better game this summer.

The game is already super stable for me, and it seems like they're shooting down rare stuff that can happen in specific circumstances, making it even better.

@sdhoey What's up with your game?

Edit: never mind sdhoey, see you made a post on technical help!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
After patching I have had a lot of whims getting completed by doing related things i.e. getting the level up athletics whim completed by leveling up cooking or painting. There has been a couple others of these "related" whims getting completed and I don't remember this happening before the patch. Is anyone having the same issues or is it just me not noticing before? (My game was started after the patch and I made a test file to check it out as well and it happens there too).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
After patching I have had a lot of whims getting completed by doing related things i.e. getting the level up athletics whim completed by leveling up cooking or painting. There has been a couple others of these "related" whims getting completed and I don't remember this happening before the patch. Is anyone having the same issues or is it just me not noticing before? (My game was started after the patch and I made a test file to check it out as well and it happens there too).

I noticed when I opened my game after the patch it came up that my sim had completed the mischief skill. He hadn't but was trolling the forum at the time....

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
I noticed when I opened my game after the patch it came up that my sim had completed the mischief skill. He hadn't but was trolling the forum at the time....

Now that you mention it, I do recall getting the achievement of completing the mischief skill while still a teen - but my sim was an adult with only 1 point in mischief (but was trolling the forum at the time). Maybe this is a bug.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
I also got the mischief achievement - and my sim hasn't even got one point in mischief.. must be a bug

hazysmith

Fabulous! My PC is displaying the blue screen of death at the moment, so will be looking forward to those additions to the game once I'm up and running again!

anything