Author Topic: Sims 4: Luxury Stuff Pack  (Read 11918 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sims 4: Luxury Stuff Pack
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »
That's just wonderful then first time I can afford to buy a Sims DLC on the day it's released.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »
Thanks @sdhoey!  $10 is certainly a better price than the old $20 price tag.

Anyways, here is some other information:

Source:  Sims 4:  Luxury Stuff Announcement

You’re Invited: The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff is Coming Next Week!

Today, we are thrilled to announce the very first stuff pack for The Sims 4! It’s called The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff*, and it’ll be available next week on May 19. As our long-time players will know, past stuff packs featured new clothing and furniture themed around a specific idea. But with The Sims 4 stuff packs, we’re also adding new gameplay to the mix.

Let’s talk about Luxury Party Stuff specifically.

Luxury Party Stuff is all about high end, red carpet, party ‘til dawn bashes that require – nay, demand – all the trappings and majesty of the right crowd. The pack features stunning dresses, suits, makeup, and accessories for the Sims in your neighborhoods. You’re really able to set the scene with pulsing, glowing, beat-magnifying objects like a new bar, sculptures, and killer lighting that’ll be perfect for revising your neighborhood’s local lounges and bars.

The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff has two awesome new gameplay objects that are essential for throwing a fantastic party. Firstly, the banquet table, which you can fill with recipes your Sims prepare themselves, or quickly stock it with new appetizers. Nobody should party on an empty stomach. The second object is the new food/drink fountain, which you can place on top of your banquet table. Streaming from the top are all sorts of delicious things to consume, including rich, decadent chocolate (perfect for strawberries) and several other delightful delicacies. There’s even room for mischief and more, especially for Sims gifted in the Culinary and Mixology skills!

We’re excited. We hope you’re excited. The invitation goes out today and the party begins next week. Assemble your posse of style-inclined friends and join us at the luxury party.

Stay tuned for more information and get your party clothes ready!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »
Right on! $9.99 is a good price point for 'stuff'. What is more it looks really good and will fit in nicely. I realized I've called this simply 'Luxury Stuff', which is misleading if you think about it. Wouldn't want anyone thinking they can get a yacht. Better fix that!

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 09:46:05 PM »
I personally missed the buffet tables for parties etc. It was nice to have them and not worry too much about food for guests. I never bought stuff packs for Sims 1, 2 or 3. The Sims 4, on the other hand, is shaping up to be very good or maybe I'm just more into this release. This pack is a go for me. Looking forward to what else EA has up their sleeves. #excited

hazysmith

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »
Looks like a go for me too! Affordable and fun, and it will be my first sims 4 add on too. I'm thinking it will be around £5-6 in the UK.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »
Just when I was getting tired of the selection of more formal clothing/hair in the game, too! While the base game may have been disappointing to some, the Sims team has done really well with additional content for the sims 4 so far.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Yeah, you're right @officialghosts - they are really showing the franchise some love after a rocky start on this one. I was honestly afraid for a month or two, but then the free content and a great Expansion, plus the game pack concept giving more gameplay. I will even buy this one just to class my Sims up a bit. I did not buy Stuff Packs at all, aside from High End Loft and I ended up with that one because of some bundle deal. I probably should have at least covered them on the guide in a timely manner, but I just really didn't like the $20 price tag. It kind of validated a complaint about the franchise that you have to sink a lot in to get all the content.

So I guess these shots we have of the stuff pack are essentially organized so as to show us everything that is available? I saw some math on Reddit that made these cost $0.18 per item vs roughly $0.39 for a Sims 3 Stuff Pack. Way better value, so they should have about the same amount of 'stuff' that the previous incarnation's stuff packs did.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »
I hope they do have as much stuff.  I've heard rumors that it's mostly hair and clothes, but we won't really know until they announce more or show us what's in the pack.  I hope the rumors aren't true.  I do like that the stuff pack also will add recipes.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 06:17:45 PM »
Just a bit of a preview (it is due out later this week). 

Source:  The Sims Twitter

New items await in The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff! Which is your Sim most excited for?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 08:02:28 AM »
Oh my.. this was only anounced what... 2 weeks ago? I thought it would be a little bit longer till release. Better go check out what it's worth in Aussie dollars, not that that will stop me buying it lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 01:44:53 PM »
Looks like it's available in the store now :)  I'm still trying to decide if I want it, since I think it might be mostly hair and clothes.  I'd love to hear what people who do buy it think, and how much of it is store bought items.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4: Luxury Stuff Pack Released
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 02:10:50 PM »
It looks like Sims 4:  Luxury Stuff Pack is available now.  It retails for $9.99 in the U.S.

You can find it here on Origin:
The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff

Party With Style

Your Sims are gettin’ fancy with The Sims™ 4 Luxury Party Stuff! Throw a luxurious party with a variety of extravagant décor. Upgrade your Sims’ wardrobes with dazzling gowns and chic formal wear. And don't forget to put together the perfect centerpiece for any event with the all-new Buffet Table, and serve tasty dishes to your Sims!

Party in style, live in luxury. Throw the most lavish party in town with a collection of flashy furniture and decorations. Add fun and elegant pieces to your Sim’s home, then invite the whole neighborhood over for a great time.

Dress to impress.  From sparkly sequin dresses to shiny three-piece tuxedos, your Sims will be the best dressed at any black tie event – or any event, really. Complete their glamorous look with new hairstyles and accessories.

Indulge in the all-new Buffet Table.  Set up the ultimate feast for your Sims, complete with a table-top fountain – and yes, it can even be a chocolate fountain.

Original Post:
Well, as you can tell from the subject line, the Sims 4 is going to have a Stuff Pack coming soon.  For the moment, the announcement is just from the Sims twitter page:

Source:  The Sims Twitter

The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack is coming soon. We'll have more news next week, so get your Sims ready to party!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »
I have downloaded this one and will be looking at the new gameplay objects, along with hair/clothing. This should be published by tomorrow in order to help people decide if it's right for them.

Forum-wise, I'm contemplating if we need a category for stuff packs, or if I'll just put a board for them under the game packs section and rename that one to keep the list from growing too large. I'll do that a little later tonight when I've made a decision. I'm leaning toward the game & stuff pack category idea :)

hazysmith

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 02:32:39 PM »
I checked on Origin UK, it is £7.99. Which is a bit more expensive than I though it would be given the exchange rate with US$, oh well.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2015, 03:03:35 PM »
It's $14.99 here in New Zealand... not bad. A few dollars cheaper and it would have been a steal!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.